[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College freshman here, just got a macbook pro from my parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: mbp15touch-gray-select-201610.jpg (49KB, 452x420px) Image search: [Google]
mbp15touch-gray-select-201610.jpg
49KB, 452x420px
College freshman here, just got a macbook pro from my parents BC of the grades I'm getting. I asked them to return it but they just wouldn't allow me to.

Now I'm a macfag, what do?
>>
rice the fuck out of it until you learn to love it.
>>
Just load a Windows VM onto it.
>>
>>58699723
Where should I start?
I have no idea what I should get/change about a macos device.
>>
>>58699784
Google Ubersicht
>>
>>58699843
Also get iterm2
>>
Use it?

Why are you bitching over free stuff.

Its perfectly capable
>>
>>58699784
You can change the background color. That would be wild!

Get macports or homebrew and become and OSS fag complaining about MacOS not being a crappy Linux distribution.
>>
File: 1455477987305.png (256KB, 407x557px) Image search: [Google]
1455477987305.png
256KB, 407x557px
>>58699665
>>
>>58699665
Boot camp? VM?
>>
Stop being an ungrateful cunt.
>>
>>58699665
sell it or trade it for what you want. If they ask about it tell them that while you appreciate the gift it doesnt work with some of your required programs.
>>
>>58700014
>not wanting parents to waste money on unnecessary trash you neither want nor need is being ungrateful

Mactoddlers everyone.
>>
>tfw too intelligent to use a macbook
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>58699665
1) Macports/homebrew work as package managers so you can act like a foss cunt.

2) Just install Linux, everything justworks™ except for proprietary wifi.
>>
>>58699665
keep that boipussy safe because you will get hit on by fags constantly
>>
>>58699734
>VM
lrn2OSX
You can dual boot using BootCamp

Enjoy your free Mac...play around with OS X see what is all about. Its kinda neat in some ways. Dual Boot windows, and enjoy your well built free expensive laptop
>>
>>58699665
>won't allow me to return it
Give it back Jamal
>>
>>58699665

learn keyboard shortcuts, and enjoy the best computer you have ever owned.
>>
Install Gentoo on it. Not even kidding.
>>
>>58699665
But why? Are they autistic?
>>
>>58699665

Welcome to the master race. Dual boot it so that you can do everything.

You could even triple boot it if you really wanted to, but I don't think a Linux partition is worth it if you already have macOS and Windows 10.
>>
>>58701307
Stubbornness runs in the family.
>>
>>58701362
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>58701405
I love this insult, it's so easy and even easier to filter than my list of pepe md5 hashes, keep it up!
>>
File: C0Qxdc5VQAAmZZp.jpg (108KB, 1000x751px) Image search: [Google]
C0Qxdc5VQAAmZZp.jpg
108KB, 1000x751px
>>58699665
It's a fucking computer. Use it. Learn paradigms that isn't the Microsoft way.
>>
Go to Settings and enable Hot Corners

Ignore the autistic screeching from third-world plebeians
>>
>>58701472
>t. mactoddler
>>
Sell it, buy a ThinkPad.
>>
>>58701500
mission control....
hot corners...
wtf...
>>
Get comfy
MacOS is pretty fucking good
It's much better than Windows desu
>>
>>58699665
It's a nice laptop. I don't own one myself and I probably wouldn't buy one with my own money but I would be happy to get one for free. You can load windows or linux or whatever the fuck you want if you don't care for mac os. You'll just have to carry a couple dongles in your backpack unfortunately because of the usb thing. Although I rarely ever need to plug anything but my power supply. I wirelessly upload files and pics to my computer and I don't use flash drives anymore for portable storage.
>>
>>58699665
good luck with the shit random battery life
>>
>>58701636
>t. mactoddler
>>
Congrats. OS X is Unix. Sounds like your parents are telling you to grow the fuck up already in more way that one.
>>
A lot of people are saying I should install windows/Linux

Does anyone know what Linux distros and windows versions support the fingerprint sensor?

I keep on searching stuff, but I'm getting nothing conclusive
>>
>>58699723
it is riced out of the box you dumbo
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.