[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you realistically improve Windows 10? >Remove legacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Nanami.jpg (193KB, 1200x1375px) Image search: [Google]
Nanami.jpg
193KB, 1200x1375px
How would you realistically improve Windows 10?

>Remove legacy code

This is why the "Windows is bloated meme" exists. If they add a new file explorer, get rid of the old one. Fuck the enterprise users. Learn something new.

>Allow Telemetry and other "core features" to be turned off
Most users don't look into these types of settings, the botnet would still be on by default. Same goes for Cortana.

>Design a tablet and desktop mode
Live tiles are shit, so is the entire Windows UI. Microsoft put too much stock into their Surface Pros taking off and completely fucked the design.

The desktop mode would just be the Windows 7 start menu and tablet mode would be similar to Windows 8/8.1.

>Remove dumb apps like Xbox, Candy Crush, etc

There's honestly zero need for these. At least give people the option to install them via installation. "Do you want to put this pointless bullshit on your computer? No? Neat." Microsoft has to realize the majority of people that use Windows are average PC users, gaymers and businesses. No business, gamer or average person wants GameDVR running in the background 24/7.

>Hire a designer and make a more consistent attractive UI

The new Project Neon shit looks promising, but somehow they're messing it up. The transparency of the windows is fine, but they're trying too hard to appeal to phone/tablet users. There's way too many buttons. The interface should be clear and concise.

Even if you have to copy Apple, you might as well do it.
>>
>>58696547
>Remove legacy code

Wouldnt that remove backwards compatibility?
>>
>>58696547
>Fuck the enterprise users
at the very least release a separate enterprise version. "Add or remove features" is supposed to mean something.

>There's honestly zero need for these. At least give people the option to install them via installation
correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those tiles (except bullshit like mail, xbox) just hooks to install the real program from the windows store? Also, they sell those tiles, it's part of how they make money.

>Hire a designer and make a more consistent attractive UI
Jesus fucking christ yes

KDE is, right now, a better windows than windows.

>>58696653
>Wouldnt that remove backwards compatibility?
only for certain legacy apps, especially for shit like Win2000/ME/whatever. I think the current 10 compatibility goes back as far as Vista.
>>
> ITT we role play that we live in a world where Windows is FOSS.

FTFY OP
>>
>>58696653
>Still supporting Vista
>>
Allow for more customization, or hire a designer. Someone who knows how to use more tools than paint.

Change font rendering and default fonts completely. Com ple te ly.

Do not include stupid games. Or stupid ads.

Give the option to turn off very specific animations.

-One- control panel, or settings panel. One. With as many options as possible. Hell, if it comes to laziness just put everything back on a control panel.

Better default applications. At installation, there should be an option to directly replace the garbage that Edge still is with at least the popular browsers. Some app that just downloads and installs that shit for you depending on your choice.

Cortana disabled by default and with some option to toggle.

Option to permanently disable updates or choose which to install.

And once again, replace font rendering. This is very important.
>>
>>58696653
inb4 adding Windows Vista Mode into client Hyper-V
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.