[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 44

File: 8840094.gif (2MB, 380x270px) Image search: [Google]
8840094.gif
2MB, 380x270px
/SQT/ - Stupid Question Thread

Alright, you know the drill:

Last thread: >>58665406

If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Protip: If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, its very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.

Why is it so hard for you stupid niggers to cuntpaste an OP when making a new thread?

Are pajeets trying to subvert /g/?
>>
Inane comment #1.
>>
>>58694939
Fuck me, I thought I linked the earlier thread.

>>58687689

>>58694946
ur a faget
>>
>>58694939
how to get files out of my oneplus one when the screen is broken and when i plug it on my computer its on charge mode
>>
File: areyouhavinagiggle.jpg (59KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
areyouhavinagiggle.jpg
59KB, 960x960px
>>58694939

so is there a good tutorial for installing arch linux for absolute beginners? the arch wiki is kind of shit in that regard, i need something that REALLY hold my hand. kind of like the gentoo handbook, which explicitly tells you every single command to enter
>>
How would I go about installing the drivers for a netgear WNDA3100v2 usb wifi adapter onto a computer running ubuntu 16.04? The computer does not have an internet connection available, but I have a laptop from which I could transfer files I needed onto the computer.
>>
>>58695229
>>58695229
just install ubuntu server and whatever else you need (dwm/awesome/xfce) and start from there

you'll gain absolutely nothing from learning how to install an operating system
>>
I have a chance to pick up a 17" MacBook pro for $130. The problem is, it's stuck on a white screen.

What are the chances that it's something that will require actual repair vs resetting the NVRAM with a keystroke combo? I don't want to ask the dude if he's tried that because then he might just keep it. So it's a real fucking gamble. I'm just curious how many hardware problems that require expensive repair service start with the white screen?
>>
>>58695229
If you can't follow the wiki to install arch, you sure as hell won't get very far using it either and you'll just be back here in two days talking about how terrible Linux is because YOU chose an advanced distro as a complete newbie
>>
My girlfriend sold an iPhone 7 as faulty for spare parts and/or repair and stated the original battery had been replaced
Guy bought it and is now demanding a refund saying he took it to Apple and they wouldn't touch it (no shit)
What are the odds he wins a case? He's also threatened her with negative feedback but now she's afraid that ebay will award him the case since they're so pro buyer
Thoughts?
>>
File: pp.jpg (60KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
60KB, 655x527px
Is there an add-on for firefox that lets me save text in the browser then come back to it later?
I know I can just create a text file in the desktop but I want it built into the browser.
>>
>>58695641
eBay sides with the buyer pretty frequently, but if the listing clearly said that it was not working then she MIGHT be able to defend it. Also show them where the buyer attempted to blackmail her by threatening negative feedback, they don't look too kindly on that.
>>
So my dog has been lately going through a hole in the fence into the neighbor's yard and they have been complaining incessantly about it, I've offered to fix the fence but only if they will pay up half of the costs to do so which they have refused. Anyway yesterday this happened again, and apparently the neighbor took my dog, loaded it up in the car with them to some vet, and had it euthanized, and only told me about all this after. What recourse do I have here? I called the police but they said it is a civil matter and won't intervene. Feeling really heartbroken right now, there was no reason for them to take it this far.
>>
>>58695641
If it's listed as for parts and it's only good for parts I don't see why ebay wouldn't side with her.
Sellers can't control whether the vendor will honor the warranty lol.
>>
Woke up with a stiff neck the other day and hurts to turn it past a certain point now, any recommendations to help loosen it up again? Has happened before in the past and always cleared up after a few days but I still hate it and would be nice if I could make it last less time.
>>
File: i18sBc9.jpg (405KB, 3000x1900px) Image search: [Google]
i18sBc9.jpg
405KB, 3000x1900px
>>58694939
Sorry for the stupid question /g/ but does yabar only work in i3 and bpswm or can I also use it with gnome?

https://github.com/geommer/yabar

using fedora 25
>>
I have 4 disks, Debian, Windows, and 2 NTFS for data; can I check the integrity of all filesystems from Linux or do I need Windows?
>>
>>58696042
open the text file in your browser?
>>
Is it possible to use a tablet as dvd player for my car?
>>
>>58696277
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs

helps to loosen your neck muscles and improves posture, i do it every time i have headache caused by stiff neck muscles
>>
>>58696467
wanna know how I know you're fat?
>>
Shitty question incoming...

What is the best method to get a neighbor's wifi password without asking them, or installing linux?

I'm on windows 10 and I have a USB wifi adapter that is capable of hacking. I just don't know how for windows 10, and linux is a no go in my current situation.

>inb4 dumbass get linux
I can't even connect to the internet to get it. I'm on my phone right now. There has to be another way.
>>
>>58696504
Leave your neighbor alone you freeloading dickhole.
>>
>>58696504
normally i would help, but you're being a freeloading dickhole. get a job and pay for internet access.
>>
File: 1485631868318.jpg (25KB, 367x479px) Image search: [Google]
1485631868318.jpg
25KB, 367x479px
what is this thing you call a computer
>>
>>58696496
Am I on /b/?

What the fuck does one thing has to do with the other?
>>
>>58696538
>>58696527
Hi moralfags

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>58696504
>neighbor's wifi password
They're probably using WPA2 which means you're basically out of luck even with linux.
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (26KB, 1000x206px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
26KB, 1000x206px
My dad and I are still dissecting the dishwasher.

What are these tall black things on the left of this picture of the main controller PCB? Some kind of microcontrollers? Why so many? Perhaps they are EEPROMS?
>>
>>58696586
Fuck!

I thought wpa2 was cracked years ago...
>>
>>58696196
>>58696088
They really shouldn't side with the buyer, item sold for spares/repairs and the dick thought he'd take a shot at repairing it and returning if he couldn't
I've noticed eBay has sided with buyers in cases like this, is it worth to just remove money from PayPal because on principle I don't want to refund this scam artist/retard any money
Can I empty my PayPal and restock it if the guy doesn't win?
>>
>>58696567
it's not a matter of moral. it's a matter of principle. if he wanted to do it to fuck with the neighbor i probably wouldn't mind educating him. but his reason is to be a freeloader. fuck that. there's a reason i voted for trump.
>>
>>58696621
probably relays
>>
>>58696621
My guess would be switching relays
>>
>>58696761
>>58696800
Are these something we can test with a multi-meter and replace if there is anything wrong?
>>
>>58696807
yea, but you'll need to power them as well
>>
Is it bad to smoke weed while I'm pregnant? It's legal in my state now.
>>
File: 1470036353209.jpg (32KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470036353209.jpg
32KB, 704x480px
I've got a rather annoying problem with suspending on my laptop. Every once in a while, when resuming from suspend the system locks up and I'm forced to hard reset.

As far as I can see, there isn't anything relevant in syslog or the like, so I'm not really sure where else to look.

tl;dr How do I figure out what goes wrong during suspend/resume?
>>
https://github.com/arduino-libraries/Mouse/blob/master/src/Mouse.h

i have a project using this library. in mouse.h all i see are references to MOUSE_LEFT. so will this library work for right and middle click too?
>>
>>58697224
that is a very old bug in linux that hasn't been fixed afaik
>>
>>58696829
So we'd probably need a testing power supply to do it right?
>>
Should i buy new or used DDR3 ram for a laptop?
>>
>>58697495
yes
>>
File: 1451585494514.jpg (55KB, 823x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1451585494514.jpg
55KB, 823x1011px
why dont we place a colony on the moon before mars ?
my thought :
the earth dose not and never will own the moon , but we do own mars.
contemplation fact
>>
>>58697335
Damn, guess I'll cope.
>>
Is php still a good way to go in 2017 as back-end language for web-development? Should I go with node.js or Python, perhaps Java? I am really not sure, php seems very simple to start with, but I heard rumors that for example c#(.net) programmers are going to succeed in The future. Any thoughts? Also add arguments. Thx
>>
my throat hurts so much from high fever
when will we become one with robots and become imortal/feel no pain?
>>
Is Alt+\ keybind used by anything?

Thinking of remapping it as an alternate shortcut for Alt+Tab since there's no tab on the right side of my keyboard.
>>
>>58697678
physical pain is nothing. the worst pain of all is mental and robots will not save you from that.
>>
>>58697685
I have now performed this remapping and am pleased with how comfy it is to be able to alt+tab with one hand from the right side of the keyboard, so I hope I have not ruined something I will regret later.
>>
>>58697667
Just go for it.
Rule 101: never listen for other people's opinion on langs. Just don't.
>>
>>58697678
quite bitching and get you some of that throat numbing spray
>>
Hey, I don't get notifications with clover is this normal?
>>
Recently invested in a new rig so I can actually experience PC gaming for once in my life, but the mouse pointer is rather jittery. When making rather small, diagonal movements it moves like it's on a grid instead of being completely smooth. Google didn't exactly help with this so I'm just wondering if this is normal when playing games.
>>
>>58697963
What kind of surface are you using the mouse?
>>
Anyone use Riot.im? I'm trying to get my friends to switch from Skype but I don't want to use Discord with it's privacy issues.
>>
>>58698021
$5 mousepad
>>
I can't find the watch general, can anyone recognize the brand?
>>
>>58698021
>>58698095
Seriously, is that actually what's causing this? I was under the impression that gaming mousepads only gave you a wider surface area to perform on
>>
>>58698200
Not really, gaming x is usually just a marketing term.

Try another mouse, yours could be fucked.
>>
>>58695375
It should just work. Netgear only provides a driver package for Windows.

>>58695422
Did they post a picture of the supposedly white screen? If it's the standard no OS or OS loading forever screen it's probably an easy fix, if it's totally blank white it's likely hardware.

>>58695229
Arch is annoying to install by design, why would you want that?

>>58697515
Used is fine. If it's cheap go for it.

>>58697105
Current evidence isn't really complete, especially for any long term effects, but seems to be fairly low risk http://www.cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2002-03-04-5.pdf
>>
>>58698303
Well my mouse is practically brand new, but if I can afford it in the future I might invest in something higher quality.
>>
>>58698421
>Used is fine. If it's cheap go for it.
Good, now the problem is to find someone selling 2GB for cheap.

New is $15 and used is $10-11.

But the problem is that i paid $15 for my laptop and i still have to buy a charger($12) and a battery($25).
And probably a HDD or SSD soon since the current one is damaged and slow(70MB/s max sequential read speed).

And if you wonder why i am complaining for so little is because im not from the US.
>>
How do I reference a value from a different sheet, but instead of providing the sheet name, I want to store that sheet name in a cell?
So, for example, instead of typing
=sheet_name!F12
I want to do A1=sheet_name, and then to use something like
=A1!F12

But this doesn't work. Can I get it to work somehow or is this not doable in excel?
>>
File: blurry.png (136KB, 1310x374px) Image search: [Google]
blurry.png
136KB, 1310x374px
WHY IS EVERYTHING SO BLURRY?

I unistalled and reinstalled my 560ti and now every fucking thing is blurry after.
>>
>>58698779
Looks like you've got scaling on.
>>
I installed Ubuntu GNOME in a dual-boot configuration with Windows 10, but something went wrong during the installation and it couldn't install most of the hardware drivers it needed. I want to try again. If I change the boot order to default to Windows Boot Manager and delete the Linux partition, do I have anything to worry about? I saw a thread here the other day about a guy whose computer broke because he deleted the Linux partition of his dual-boot configuration, so I'm a little wary now.

On an unrelated note, how do I know how good a processor is? All I know is that i7 is for resource-intensive work, i5 is the most any ordinary person would need, and i3 is for relatively light usage. Outside of that, I have no idea how to gauge a processor's capabilities.
>>
Is there a good android app for 4chan?
>>
>>58698787
Thanks man you saved my eyesight
>>
>>58698923
Clover.

Check F-droid.
>>
I'm doing the following search on Google:
inurl:trending site:google.com

But I want to exclude the following domains:
feedproxy.google.com
chrome.google.com
play.google.com

How do I do that?
>>
>>58699190
-site:
>>
>>58699190
inurl:trending site:google.com -site:feedproxy.google.com -site:chrome.google.com -site:play.google.com
>>
>retard friend spills coffee on MacBook
>end up getting to keep it because they wanted a new one anyway
>Use it because poorfag
It seems fine. It's one of the models with dual Intel and Nvidia GPU. I think the discrete GPU got fucked by the coffee because it spazzes out when it switches to it (using gfxcardstatus to force Integrated and it works pretty well now)
Apple store wanted shitloads of money to replace the mainboard. Is there a better way to force it to not use the discrete GPU? How would I dual boot Linux in it?
>>
i need a free program that corrects grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, all that live, preferably something that work on everything in windows, but just firefox would be good enough, i have tried grammarly... it sucks
>>
What is Max CPUID value limit?
>>
I am looking for a Python tool I used once

it takes IPA strings and pronounces them

Speech synthesis but it's IPA instead of plain e.g., English

and I cannot find it any longer
>>
File: firefox.jpg (124KB, 1601x984px) Image search: [Google]
firefox.jpg
124KB, 1601x984px
What the fuck is wrong with my firefox?

After a few minutes it keeps lagging and suddenyl failing to load graphics and looks like this before crashing

This has been happening forever but only after a few hours of use, since yestersday it's been doing this shit all the time.

please help I don't want to move to botnet
>>
>>58700731
a feature that you only need for very very old Windows and Linux edition
>>
>>58700827
Like, what does it do?

Im using a N455 with windows 7 ultimate and while changing boot options i noticed it.
>>
Is Xiaomi a good brand?
>>
Can anyone confirm or deny that the $1 chink USB DAC+ADCs work on a PS3?
>>
Yesterday I tried to run halo 1 on my strix 960 for a laugh

I didn't know the fps were not capped and that I deed to activate vsync to stop them

The game made 6k+ fps but the card started to whine like crazy

Since then I started to hear a weak whine from the card under load on heavy games

Did I fucked it?
Can I do something to stop the noise?
>>
>>58698200
Use a piece of cardboard for a mousepad.
Beer boxes work fantastically well. I had one duct taped to my table as a mousepad for a year before I finally bought a real mousepad.
>>
>>58698885
There's two basic tools for Windows systems that I've used to fix 95% of my boot problems caused by dicking about with the partitions back when I used to dualboot.

fixmbr
fixboot

Running those two things in that order will fix the vast majority of boot problems that are caused by a crappy partition/boot setup.
>>
>>58700818
look up how to reset the settings.
>>
>>58701387
>Did I fucked it?
Yep

>Can I do something to stop the noise?

Run the card under load w/ vsync, or RMA it if they'll accept it.
>>
Best firewall (hardware)
>>
Uh, I usually listen to music using Youtube as my taste is basically videogames soundtracks. Is there any lightweight player I can use so I don't need to use my browser? Something that let's me do searches and just play the music.

For Windows or Linux, but I expect a graphical interface, as I'm looking for ease of use.
>>
>>58701981
So deleting the Linux partition could still fuck the system, even if I change the boot order ahead of time?
>>
>>58701387
I don't think it's fucked

I have gigabyte 960 and it whines above 1k fps since the beginning and everything werks, it was even overclocked for a while and nothing wrong
>>
File: MAKE IT STOP.png (22KB, 435x292px) Image search: [Google]
MAKE IT STOP.png
22KB, 435x292px
Last 2-3 weeks I've been having this problem near 24/7

On cable internet, wired with nothing else using internet in the house still get frequent ping spikes shooting up from 10ms to 300ms+ up to 1k for one to two seconds.

The company has no idea, my coax is clean and the Ethernet cable is new and I get the same problem testing in safe mode.

I'm about to lose my shit trying to figure this out, if anyone has had this trouble in the past I'd love to hear some suggestions on how to fix it
>>
>>58702083

Found out the company's equipment is shitting itself on one of the jumps.

Ignore my question, and fug my service provider
>>
Do SSDs make noise?
Coil whine? Any noise at all?
>>
>>58702108
None. SSDs don't have enough current flowing through them to produce coil whine in the first place, either.
>>
A few years back I had a very active Twitter account with 2000+ followers. I stopped using the account and almost completely forgot about it until recently. The problem is, it's tied to an email address I can no longer get into. I've tried resetting and resending the password on both Twitter and my email but this was before phone numbers were being added to restore access to the accounts. I've tried every old password I can think of but I'm still not able to get in.

The one small glimmer of hope that I have is that I added a domain to the profile. That domain expired about a year ago and is up for grabs. The Twitter username and the domain are pretty much related, but not the same.

Would I stand a chance contacting Twitter about the username, asking them to reset it as I am the owner of the domain in the profile? Would I need to trademark the name for this to work? Could I BS them, send an official lawyer-esque sounding letter without fear they'll ask for the proof of trademark?

How should I approach this?
>>
File: Takumi.jpg (40KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
Takumi.jpg
40KB, 350x262px
Google Pixel or Galaxy S7?
>>
>>58702185
Pixel. At least join a good botnet.
>>
>>58702160
Every bit of what you're purporting to do sounds shady. As though you're trying to goad us into helping you break into someone else's Twitter.
>>
>>58701167
Generally no.

If you just want audio out get an optical DAC.
>>
>>58702025
Unplugging the cable is pretty secure.
>>
File: file.png (23KB, 987x263px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
23KB, 987x263px
How to I block the bottom bar with ublock origin?
>>
>>58702108
if u listen closely you might hear tinitus
>>
>>58694939
What's wrong with /pol/?

I'm getting connection errors. Other people are too.
>>
What exactly are all the frequent updates to the most widely-used web browsers for? Is it just security updates or something?
>>
>>58701038
Generally yes

>>58700836
It reports the CPU as being an ancient model to work around ancient OSes that complain about being newer than
>>
Is Computer Information Systems a good degree if I want to make a decent amount of money and have good job security?
>>
File: firefox dead 2.jpg (104KB, 1580x982px) Image search: [Google]
firefox dead 2.jpg
104KB, 1580x982px
>>58701990
I did a refresh and everything. Still not exactly fixed.

Is firefox just fucked?
>>
>>58702555
Seems to be site-wide. Sometimes shit takes a literal minute or two to load up.
>>
Can someone please explain how I make TOR browser make accept captchas?
>>
File: 1477330455187.jpg (46KB, 480x488px) Image search: [Google]
1477330455187.jpg
46KB, 480x488px
I'm a weekend tech specialist and I need to somewhat excavate the remaining data from a hard drive hooked up from a dock. Disk says it is "Not Initialized" and when I try to initialize it, it says "Data Error, Cyclic Redundancy Check" or something like that. Other software like Recuva or Macrium doesn't pick up the drive either. Should I just give up or try to download Generic Disk Recovery Program #37? What do?
>>
Why do wide gamut displays look funky under normal circumstances? Can't they just be configured to only display 100% of sRGB when wider color space isn't needed?
>>
>>58702528
Install and use umatrix alongside ublock
>>
Since last updates Arch is using libinput input driver by default. How can i revert back to evdev driver? I have "evdev" in "driver" line in my mouse section in xorg.conf, but it does nothing - Arch continues using libinput.
>>
what offsite backup service should i use if i don't want to fuck around with maintaining a file serverand dealing with hackers?
preferably encrypted because creating a 100gb encrypted container once a month for backing up is tedious.
>>
File: 1371264693134.jpg (131KB, 545x302px) Image search: [Google]
1371264693134.jpg
131KB, 545x302px
I want to buy a Elgato Game Capture HD60S but it uses a USB3 Type C port and my computer only has the original USB3.0 port. Can I get a cable which is on one end Type C and the other USB 3.0?
>>
>>58696504
Use your phone as a tether you incompetent fuck.

Even if your phone company doesn't allow it, they can go fuck themselves and you you can install a third-party app that allows it.
>>
What's an RSS reader that automatically downloads things to different folders for each feed? I'm on Linux.
>>
>>58694939
>pajeets
pls stop this racist meme
>>
Recommend me a text editor on windows
>>
I have this old netbook, an Acer Aspire One A110L with a battery that doesn't work much. The rest does, but the SSD it has (8GB) is pitiful as well.

Is there anything I can do with this thing?
>>
>>58703553
Notepad++
>>
>>58703553
vim
>>
>>58703553
notepad++
>>
>>58703555
It's pretty shitty, unless you have some specific use in mind already I'd just sell it.
>>
File: 1473022782644.png (737KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
1473022782644.png
737KB, 700x990px
>>58694939
I've moved from my Microsoft keyboard to a comfy BenQ mechanical keyboard I found for €5 new in a bric & brac shop.

Thing is, the old keyboard had volume controls and mute, is there any dos commands for keyboards to control volume & mute?
>>
>arch
>sound just doesn't werk
>alsamixer thinks my sound card is number 1 (default is 0)
>set default to 1 in /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf
>alsamixer now sees default as 1
>still no sound
it's definitely not muted in alsamixer
>>
>>58703707
https://bbs.archlinux.org
>>
How do I watch anime on daisuki.net w/o Flash?
I want to support the industry by watching legally but it requires Flash.
>>
>>58703550
> t. pajeet
>>
How does a room painted black with nothing in it look like under a blacklight?
>>
File: malwarebytes-anti-exploit.png (52KB, 520x540px) Image search: [Google]
malwarebytes-anti-exploit.png
52KB, 520x540px
So is malwarebytes anti exploit just snake oil?
I've been using it for months and haven't shown any blocked exploit attempts.
>>
>>58703769
Probably very dim, but not completely dark since paint isnt completely black.
>>
>>58703553
Arch Linux with emacs
>>
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{

int amount, twenties, tens, fives, ones;

printf("Enter the amount : ");
scanf("%d", &amount);

twenties = amount / 20;
tens = (amount - (twenties * 20)) / 10;
fives = (amount - ((twenties * 20) + (tens * 10))) / 5;
ones = amount - ((twenties * 20) + (tens * 10) + (fives * 5));

printf("$20 bills: %d\n", twenties);
printf("$10 bills: %d\n", tens);
printf("$5 bills: %d\n", fives);
printf("$ bills: %d\n", ones);

return 0;
}

I feel like I made it more complicated than it could be, how to simplify?
>>
>>58703830
Damn.

Any pictures of it happening? Couldn't you use a paint without phosphors?

I would've liked to have been a room that looked like the void and only I was lit up.
>>
>>58703846
You could do something like

int amount_left = amount;
//calculate 20s
amount_left -= twenties;
//calculate 10s using amount_left
amount_left -= tens;
//etc.

each time using amount_left rather than subtracting all the previous stuff from amount.
>>
>>58703846
#include <stdio.h>

#define LEN(a) (sizeof(a) / sizeof(a[0]))

int main()
{
static const int notes[] = { 20, 10, 5, 1 };

int amount;
scanf("%d", &amount);

for (int i = 0; i < LEN(notes); ++i) {
int num_notes = amount / notes[i];
amount %= notes[i];

printf("$%d bills: %d\n", notes[i], num_notes);
}

return 0;
}

This isn't the sort of solution I would expect a beginner to come up with, though.
>>
File: 1485589515307.png (240KB, 623x889px) Image search: [Google]
1485589515307.png
240KB, 623x889px
Is there a program or something that can notify me whenever a thread is made on a board with a certain keyword.
Also one that will automatically post a reply?
>>
>>58703913
Fuck off Annieposter
>>
>>58703892
Messed that up. Obviously you'd want to subtract twenties * 20, or do amount_left %= 20. Or do the generalized version with a loop, as in >>58703893
>>
File: 1485606998672.jpg (67KB, 416x508px) Image search: [Google]
1485606998672.jpg
67KB, 416x508px
>>58703927
>>
>>58698885
>>58701981
>>58702050
Anyone?
>>
>>58694939
I'm setting up a vm to be used as a workstation. The vm is configured to run at startup, and once booted there is an application that runs at startup of vm.
How to make it so the operator can't minimize or exit out of the virtual machine?
>>
>>58703913
Writing one yourself should be fairly trivial. Curl the board's first page, grep for the keyword, notify-send to be notified. Execute every minute or so via cronjob.
For replying first of all you'd need a goy pass to circumvent the captcha.
>>
>>58694939
i have a hard time configuring my kernel. What do i do?
>>
I have a hdtv connected by hdmi to my gpu, before installing its drivers, the display was perfect, now that i've installed the drivers the display is kinda fuzzy, any idea on how to fix this shit?
>>
>>58704026
Is the resolution set correctly? Are you using a non-native resolution?
Is there any silly shit like overscan enabled on the TV or the drivers?
Are there any other display issues, e.g. a coloured line on the side of the screen?
>>
>>58702963
>>58700818
Please respond

No one else had their firefox fuck up monumentally?
>>
>>58700818
>>58704299
Same shit happens to me when I have too many tabs open.

Just restart firefox or get a better computer.
>>
>>58704302
I've upgraded every part of my computer but the motherboard and processor in the last year. Can't be that behind, can it? i5 3450
>>
>>58704337
I dunno.

All I know is that's a problem ff has when too many tabs are open
>>
Can i run Dark Souls 3 at 1280x720 with medium-low settings on this laptop?

>i7 2620M 2.7GHz
>8GB DDR3 1333MHz
>SSD Kingston UV400 240GB
>GT 540M 1GB
>>
File: Z1GgGdX1.jpg (39KB, 1151x662px) Image search: [Google]
Z1GgGdX1.jpg
39KB, 1151x662px
Is there such a thing as a 12 inch or 13 inch laptop with a nvidia GPU ?

I want to be able to run cuda on the go (at home, uni, on the train... )

There is no thinkpad X that also proposes a GPU...
>>
>>58694939
I want to make some money without anyone finding out. As a junior cs student is freelancing out of the question? What about stocks online?
>>
What's the best way to make somewhat of an instance of my web server and all its configuration without creating a VM? I want to do this so I can roll back configuration changes if I ever fuck something up.
>>
>>58704452
btrfs can into snapshots
>>
File: GnomeDiskUtility.jpg (87KB, 876x486px) Image search: [Google]
GnomeDiskUtility.jpg
87KB, 876x486px
>>58696361
Gnome Disk Utility
pic related

You can see that one my drives has failed a S.M.A.R.T.
>>
What's the best router that supports tomato firmware?
Preferably something that costs around $50
>>
File: 1445882241946.jpg (98KB, 886x552px) Image search: [Google]
1445882241946.jpg
98KB, 886x552px
Regarding Nvidia drivers.
Is the driver file the same for every GPU?
I mean does the driver file for GeForce GTX 950M the same as the driver for GeForce 950M?
>>
What do if media test failure during bootup of an old laptop but the HDD seems to be fine (i even replaced it with another one yesterday but it still won't boot up)? Basically it could only be the motherboard that's fucked right or is there a cable or some shit that could have become loosened
>>
>>58704299
Try multiprocess'd firefox
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis#Overview
Like 64bit dev edition.
>>
>>58703080
Someone please.
>>
File: 1420465406867.jpg (159KB, 700x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1420465406867.jpg
159KB, 700x1033px
I asked this here yesterday but didn't get an answer...

I want to make a map of the city of london, and print it to approximately 1m X 1m.
Are there any online service that provide / create printable maps?
>>
>>58704769
google maps
>>
I want a machine for music production. Is a MacBook air suitable and/or worth it? I am a Linux user but I have come to find that music production options on Linux are limited cripplingly. If it truly is the best option I wouldn't mind too terribly, I guess, going back to Windows with a custom build. What specs would I need for this? I really hate post 8 windows btw, which is why I would consider a Mac. Money isn't too much of an issue.

Tldr don't like Mac's price of the new windows user experience but I gotta go to one for music shit. What do.
>>
>>58704779
Are you suggesting that I stitch it?
The area I want to cover is very large simple stitching won't do.
>>
>>58696504
You have to get a packet sniffer for Windows. Download to your phone and transer the file to Windows. Something like Aircrack-ng or nmap with zenmap.
Locate your target network with the packet sniffer.
Is it WEP security?
yes -> use packet sniffer's wep cracker, done
no -> then it's WPA2.
check the target wifi router's make/model
google exploits specific to that model.
expoilts found?
yes -> implement exploits
no -> is neighbor real old or real young or real clueless and likely to have a short, easy password?
yes -> use packet sniffer to implement a brute force WPA2 password crack
no -> it would likely be quicker to go get a job, pay for your own internet, schedule an installation and wait the 4 hours after the scheduled install time for the installer to finally show up.

use packet sniffer to implement a brute force WPA2 password crack
>>
Why doesn't this work in excel?
=SUM(INDIRECT(B27&"!$F$10"):INDIRECT(B37&"!$F$10"))
I have multiple sheets, whose names are stored in a column (B27:B37) and I want to sum the fields F10 from every sheet.
Instead of directly typing in the name of a sheet, I want to reference it using the Indirect function.
It works for one sheet, but why can't I use it in a sum() function like this?
>>
>>58697678
Never, but robot doctors will make health care affordable for everyone, even pets, Obamacare will be a moot point.
>>
>>58704799
>stitching won't do
Yes, yes it will do

you don't have a 1m^2 printer so you're going to need to fuck it together in sections anyway
>>
>>58704870
I'd send it to printing service that print up to 15 meters in width with dpi of 1200.
>>
>>58704055
yes, no, not that i know, no
>>
>>58704869
This will only happen in a free market.

We have awful medical stagnation now thanks to government central planning and corporate fascism medicine in the usa.
>>
>>58698885
Which OS did you install first?

>how good a processor is?
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/
>>
>>58700718
Use Word or LibreOffice and just copypast back and forth.
>>
>>58704953
You don't even know what the hell you're saying

you're just repeating shit people have told you was an acceptable opinion

The US has the freeest market anywhere in the world that nowhere even remotely approaches central planning. The corporate fascists are the ones paying people to create the illusion they're oppressed!

They charge the US the most in the world because we're partisan obstructionist morons terrified of meaningful regulation so we've had to build a system out of hodgepodge and compromise and riders instead of directly addressing any issue

We have a debt economy where prices are no longer limited to what people can pay, but to what their bank can afford to pay.

We have massive conglomeration between insurance, finance and providers so that you're paying a company to protect yourself from what it will charge you if you don't pay them; and if you can't cover what's left, why, they've got someone right on hand to lend you money, too! Then they(insurance) negotiates with themselves(providers) about what to charge you(what to pay themselves.) It turns insurance into nothing but a racket and every one of these jew bastards running it ought to hang. They make millions profiteering on sickness and death, like the horsemen of the goddamn apocalypse.
>>
File: 1423784.jpg (1MB, 1097x2706px) Image search: [Google]
1423784.jpg
1MB, 1097x2706px
>>58705005
>you're just repeating shit people have told you was an acceptable opinion
Jesus christ kill yourself.
I have the non-mainstream opinion.
You have the corporate establishment mainstream opinion.

>The US has the freeest market anywhere in the world that nowhere even remotely approaches central planning.
Holy fuck I can't believe anyone can be this delusional and brainwashed.
Healthcare is the second most regulated and controlled market in the USA.
Pic related. You couldn't be more wrong.
It was much much cheaper in the 1960s when the healthcare market was mostly deregulated.

>because we're partisan obstructionist morons terrified of meaningful regulation
LOL IT'S THE SECOND MOST REGULATED INDUSTRY IN THE COUNTRY

>We have a debt economy
Yes, thanks to YOU PEOPLE and your central banks/keynesianism.
Your whole idea is debt is good and savings is bad. You're against the free market.
>>
What's the simplest way to transfer a system to a newly acquired SSD ?
Bear in mind i'm a fucking idiot and had to unplug the disk drive because i didn't have enough cables
Got this Renee Becca shit here but it's asking me to pay up to do it
>>
File: photo.jpg (3KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
3KB, 100x100px
Yo-yo! Yo! What are the best LIVE channels on YouTube?

I have those:

>House of Vans (London skatepark)
https://youtu.be/5A9IBIzm7vE

>He Will Not Divide Us
https://youtu.be/i9282DCSl2k

>International Space Station
https://youtu.be/ddFvjfvPnqk
>>
Why is it that sometimes when i open a store link (amazon, newegg, bestbuy, logitech store and so on) it goes to the front page instead of the page that was linked. I have to close the page and then click on the link again for the right page to open.
I'm not from the US and most of the links are for the US stores, is it because the site is redirecting me to a non us store?
>>
>>58702963
daily reminder that using adblock is worse than straight up piracy
>>
>>58705152
why?
>>
Why is it that everytime I try to go to "fb.com" without internet connection, Firefox shows it as "facebook.com"? How does it know this? I don't have bookmarks or anything.
>>
>>58694939
>God damn Tubbs eating all my Frisky Bitz
>>
>>58705253
fb.com is a 301 (permanent) redirect which browsers remember and directly connect to the next location instead of wasting time connecting and getting redirected again.
to make it forget clear your cache.

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Location: https://www.face-website4chanthinksitsspam-book.com/
>>
File: 1438020063022.png (144KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438020063022.png
144KB, 800x600px
How do I get rid of the botnet on my computer?

I use windows 10
>>
>>58704819
>schedule an installation and wait the 4 hours after the scheduled install time for the installer to finally show up.
In Australia they just mail you a modem then you call up and it's connected/ call them and use your own.
Why is America so ass backwards with this shit?
>>
File: fug.jpg (68KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
68KB, 400x395px
As stupid as it sounds, I wanna learn everything about cybersecurity.

I know, I know, "everything" is a bit vague - but I am willing to sacrifice years if it will get me there. I just don't know where to start. What to learn. Learning about networks seems to be such a brainfuck, with all the knowledge scattered around, with no reference point to start.

So I'm basically asking for materials, books, or just name of the topics I should start learning about to master cybersecurity. I'm currently on a first year of Theoretical Computer Science, and I love mathematics, programming and everything related to computing.
>>
>>58704769
openstreetmap

you are even legally allowed to use them for your purposes
>>
Should I get an used Iphone 5s for 150€?
The pics show it in one of the best conditions I've seen so far. And everything works fine.
I've been using a Samsung Galaxy S2 for 5 years now until it annoyed me with the storage problems. The main reason for me is the camera of the 5s and the sound quality during phone calls.
>>
File: 1476993965598.jpg (112KB, 655x983px) Image search: [Google]
1476993965598.jpg
112KB, 655x983px
>>58705371
>OSM
Thanks this looks like what I want but there is a scale limit 1:52000 and the resolution isn't good either.
Are there similar to it?
>>
>>58705405
there's no scale or resolution limit
you can download the source vector files, it's all open
>>
>>58705430
How do I convert XML file to printable PDF?
>>
File: DT770PRO_80_3c_01.jpg (1MB, 1859x2362px) Image search: [Google]
DT770PRO_80_3c_01.jpg
1MB, 1859x2362px
Do I need to buy an amp to be able to use headphones such as pic related? I see a lot of people with amps in /bst/ but don't really understand why or when they are required. I will be listening to normal things at a normal volume.

Also these headphones come in a variety of different Ohms (32, 80, etc)? Which one should a pleb like me who just wants to plug them in directly and go be buying?
>>
>>58705440
i haven't done what you're doing specifically before
>>
>>58705440
>>58705488
maybe try this
http://maperitive.net/
>>
how does the Intel Integrated graphics work in regards of the memory? It borrows from ram or something like that?
>>
>>58703421
Please respond
>>
Hey, just bought x230 few days, ago and I want to test arch linux on usb stick on that device, before getting SSD for it. Ive read few guides, but im stucked with Virtualbox, running live iso of arch without storage. I cannot assign my usb drive to that virtual machine, so i cannot install arch onto it. Any help ?
>>
File: ScQmPZs.png (409KB, 473x318px) Image search: [Google]
ScQmPZs.png
409KB, 473x318px
How do I keep hair out of this huge open vent?
>>
>>58705753
Yeah, integrated graphics nigger part of your system RAM
>>
can you do light video and photo editing on integrated gpu or is it just too weak for that?
>>
>>58705859
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000ONZT5Y
>>
>>58704360
respond
>>
>>58706080
editing is mostly CPU and especially RAM.
>>
>>58705449
>I see a lot of people with amps in /bst/ but don't really understand why or when they are required.
The higher Ohm value your headphones have the more electricity will be required to power them. If your audio source is not strong enough to power those headphones then the music will be very quiet and sound off or you might not even hear anything.

>these headphones come in a variety of different Ohms (32, 80, etc)? Which one should a pleb like me who just wants to plug them in directly and go be buying?
~30 ohm headphones will run on everything. ~50 ohm might sound tinny or require you to amp up volume on most phones and shitty motherboards. 60 and higher usually require some kind of amplification.

If you're listening on PC you might as well get a USB DAC. Those come with decent amplifiers for headphone use.
>>
>>58706096
probably not
>>
i'm trying to

>install gentoo

i'm at the configuring kernel stage and ran the following line to view available modules

find /lib/modules/<kernel version>/ -type f -iname '*.o' -or -iname '*.ko' | less

is this command supposed to quit itself when its done or do i need to ctrl+z once it gets to (END)?
>>
>>58705304
Install debian
>>
>>58704581
You just wrote the same thing and left out the letters "GTX"
>>
File: 1448321759896.png (510KB, 702x684px) Image search: [Google]
1448321759896.png
510KB, 702x684px
>brew install mpv
>mpv --ontop --no-border https://www.youtube.com/something
nice
>>
>>58706213
Thanks. So what is the trade off then? As in for what purpose would a person want to buy a pair of 80 Ohm headphones over the 30 Ohm pair?
>>
File: 1480049785410.jpg (61KB, 650x648px) Image search: [Google]
1480049785410.jpg
61KB, 650x648px
>>58694939
What is wrong with my code? It compiles without errors/warnings.
>>
>>58696300
I've used it with xfce for a, while so yes :)
>>
>>58706466
Outside interference would have to be much stronger to "power" (generate audible noise in) 80 Ohm headphones compared to 30 Ohm ones.
>>
Do you need to get a RAM kit to dual channel properly? or can I just get one stick now and slap another one on later? I've searched around and found some mixed signals.

My current build has two sticks of slightly different RAM in dual channel and I've never really noticed any problems. but maybe being DDR2 has something to do with it. Did RAM really get so sensitive that they need to be specifically made to work with one another to work properly or are those people just spouting bullshit?
>>
What is a good temperature monitoring program that won't crash my PC?
>>
>>58707721
openhardwaremonitor
>>
Do a HDD used space affects that drive fail rate?
>>
>>58707831
No.
>>
what intel cpu+mobo combo wont bottleneck my gtx1080?
>>
>>58694939
My AMD drivers simply do not want to install on Windows Server 2008 R2. How do I fix this?
>>
>>58708188
depends if the task is heavy on the CPU or GPU.
>>
File: 1469663418688.png (68KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1469663418688.png
68KB, 256x256px
>>58694939
So I'm given an equation f(x) = (123456.78*sin(x) - 123456.78)/x^2, and told to do a single and double calculation on it.

It asks me to rewrite this equation so it is more numerically stable and not prone to roundoff error when evaluating, but I can't think of anything that WOULD minimize the error.

Could /g/ give me some advice?
>>
>>58708208
video games
>>
>>58708188
A I5-6600K.

If it ever does just overclock it.
>>
How do people get different flags on /pol/? Most VPNs I use are banned
>>
What phone currently has the best battery life?
>>
>>58708276
>not channeling meme magic into your feet to instantly run to another country
these newfags smdh
>>
>>58704360
>>58706096

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/dark-souls-iii/13089

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp%5B%5D=27&cmp%5B%5D=2815
>>
>>58708215
Depends if the game is heavy on the CPU or GPU
>>
>>58708276
tor or paid vpn
>>
>>58708436
Recommend a good one?
>>
>>58708448
Any will work as long as you have a 4chan pass.
>>
>>58708458
So I have to pay for 4fag pass on top of the paid VPN?
>>
File: 2017-01-29-195019_794x387_scrot.png (24KB, 794x387px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-29-195019_794x387_scrot.png
24KB, 794x387px
Does anyone know how to fix this shit

I've been running clonezilla for 14+ hours and i don't know any progress
>>
>>58708471
Yup. That's how they know you're not trying to evade bans.
>>
>>58708492
Sure. Burn a Macrium Reflect disk and toss clonezilla in the trash
>>
>>58708188
There's no perfect match. Some games are heavy on the processor, others on the GPU. It can even vary from feature to feature within a game. You're also trying to predict what's going to be utilized by games in the future. If you want to use VR at all you're going to want an i7
>>
What's a good disk eraser to run from windows to erase non-os expansion disks?
>>
>>58708188
you're doing it wrong man. You need a 4k monitor for that GTX 1080 if you're playing at settings low enough that the cpu is restricting the frame rate.
>>
>>58708605
SSD or HDD?
>>
File: 1438878489699.gif (429KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1438878489699.gif
429KB, 240x180px
Is there any booru viewer/reader application on mac os? Pic for attention
>>
>>58708609
Hard Drives
>>
should I run fractal case with doors open?
>>
>>58708696
eraser.heidi.ie/

Or use windows' built in cipher.exe from the command line
>>
What is the difference about motherboards that use a 4 pin CPU slot instead a 8 pin one if im not overclocking?
>>
Can plants feel pain?
>>
>>58708644
I think could be very useful and might work well for you
http://hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/

there's also these from some /g/uy
https://github.com/DrabWeb/Booru-chan
https://github.com/DrabWeb/Komikan
>>
>>58708842
Try playing some Linkin Park and see if they respond
>>
>>58708857
Thank you based anon
>>
>>58708835
Thanks anon
>>
File: IMG_3975.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3975.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
I'm going to dual boot Windows 7/Windows Embedded Standard 7 and GNU+Linux Mint on a SSD.

Are there any long term hardware problems I should worry about before I do this? I back up data archival regularly so that shouldn't be an issue.
>>
How do I completely block out certain IPs from countries? 4chanx has a flag filter but they still show up
>>
>>58708906
No anon, there are no harware problems with your choice of software
>>
File: IMG_3592.jpg (104KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3592.jpg
104KB, 480x640px
>>58708934
Thx u my man.
>>
Best place to get a textbook pdf?

Need to get the solutions manual for a particular book and that's not something I'm willing to pay for.
>>
File: windows bsods.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
windows bsods.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
I have had three different BSODs happen from three different drivers.

What is happening to my PC? Running Win 7.
>>
Is it ok if braided cables get wet? Like will the water seep between the braids into the conductive part or something?
>>
>>58709021
First one could be a USB hard drive going bad, I've had BSODs when trying to write to a faulty drive before. Not sure what the other two indicate.
>>
>>58709009
google or any of the library genesis mirrors like
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/
>>
>>58709068
One indicates a Nvidia driver and the other indicates Intel Management Engine Interface.

I just find this flipping bananas because all of these happened in a row.
>>
>>58709107
Yeah, I'm sure there's some relation somehow, possibly the Nvidia driver is trying to access something on the faulty drive? Or I could be completely wrong and it's something different.
>>
>>58709124
I uninstalled Intel Management Engine and Intel Rapid Storage after investigating the first one on google, then the other two popped up in the process. And I did actually had a usb HD connected to my PC so maybe that just got in the way somehow.

Im going to try updating my Nvidia drivers once I get them downloaded.
>>
Any recommendations on a z270 mobo? 7700k going in it, but from what I've read all z series will overclock, so not sure what the point of a $300 mobo would be. I have no m.2 drive yet, but plan and getting one, I use it for gaming, specifically single threaded games that need strong cores, and music creation. prefer to keep it under $200, but will take whatever is best price/performance.
>>
What is the difference about motherboards that use a 4 pin CPU slot instead a 8 pin one if im not overclocking?
>>
>>58709401
http://www.ebay.com/itm/302189631614?customid=51742bd8e66711e6ab6a025080e4ce240INT&pub=5574652453&campid=5337259887&afepn=5337259887&icep_id=117&ipn=icep&afepn=5337259887&rmvSB=true
>>
>>58709667
Doesn't matter. Just get a board that matches your CPUs socket type
>>
>>58709779
still works for me.
try without addons, if it works then an addon fucks you up.
>>
>>58709779
Oh cool. I never noticed you could do that. Thanks for pointing it out :)
>>
>>58709021
Reinstall windows or do a system restore.
>>
File: 1485707915324.gif (1MB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
1485707915324.gif
1MB, 640x468px
Is it possible to make Windows 10 play a sound (mp3) only when there's no other program playing anything?
>>
>>58709846
I did a system restore, installed new nvidia drivers and uninstalled intel rapid storage. So far things are smooth again.
>>
>>58709897
yes
>>
I installed Termux in my Android smartphone and now I want to learn shell script. What would be a good and not too long book to learn this script language?
>>
>>58709897
Anything's possible annon. Just not for you.
>>
What is more reliable Toshiba or Hitachi hdds?
>>
File: le-panda_meme.gif (2MB, 288x200px) Image search: [Google]
le-panda_meme.gif
2MB, 288x200px
>>58695002
Enter recovery mode and connect via USB. Usually there is a setting that locks people from doing that. But if you do a lot of ROM hacking then you might be in luck, because in that case that settings should be disabled.
Good luck Anon.
>>
>>58710063
Toshiba what?
>>
would it be possible for an OS that runs both windows exe's and linux packages to be made.
If not, what are the limitations ?
>>
>>58710084
2.5" HDDs.
>>
my mouse no longer goes in a straight line when i move it horizontally for some reason

>windows 10
>logitech g3

what do?
>>
>>58710137
remove win10
>all problems in life instantly solved
>>
I'd like to learn about networking. I have little idea what exactly a router does, what are switches and how ip adressing works. I want to be able to write my own DNS/DHCP service, monitor traffic and execute custom scripts.
I don't aspire to become a net admin but I want to be fully in control of my home network instead of relying on out-of-the-box solutions without understanding anything.

Is there any solid, comprehensive online course that'll teach me this?
>>
>>58710137
Blow the sensor.

Try to see if it does in linux too.
>>
>install ubongo to duel boot with windows 10
>grub error when I try to boot into windows 10 now

what do I do, I really want to get back in my windows drive
>>
>>58710187
Khan academy is pretty good
you can take a whole computer science course or choose what you want
>>
File: CAM00127.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00127.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>58710063
Well hitachi it is, the toshiba one is FUBAR.
No wonder it was free.
>>
>>58710266
Use a bootloader off a USB to boot into windows. Then attempt windows repair to bring back ur win bootloader
>>
>>58710187
Get the 3-month pluralsight trial and steal a copy of packet tracer.
>>
>>58710204
holy shit that worked lol
i was re-installing the drivers and shit

thanks anon
>>
>>58710285

thanks I'll try
>>
Anywhere I can safely download Firefox 50.1.0 installer? It turns out my firefox has the auto update enabled and now v51 is causing me some issues.
>>
>>58710384
firefix archives
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/
>>
>>58710384
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/
>>
>>58710394
>>58710396
Thanks!
>>
>>58710123
if no one knows in here ima make a thread
>>
every night at exactly 12 (when the day changes) my computer alt tabs me to desktop from anywhere i am - be it browsing , playing a game or watching a movie. i believe it's some stupid program i probably installed that does this.

anyone have this happen to them?
>>
>>58710442
windows 10 ?
>>
>>58710442
do you have the wallpaper set to change every day?
>>
>>58710439
you should make a new thread anyway

for your question it's not very practical because you'll need compatibility layers for just about everything (file managing, networking, making windows, interacting with devices, and more)

not to say there aren't stuff like that already

there's wine which can run some windows applications on linux and there's ubuntu-on-windows I think for windows 10 that works very well

why work on compatibility layers on an os for two things when you can stick to one and have an easier time is an answer through a question
>>
>>58710548
thanks for the answer
it might be dumb and impossible but what i was thinking was core compatibility, as in designed for the express purpose to run both. Ill reaserch some more then make a thread, but do you know if its possible or can you correct my misconceptions ?
>>
>>58710462
windows 7
>>
Is it possible my Pi is being reverse-powered through the USB port? I'm measuring voltage using an Arduino that's connected to the Pi via USB and when I connect a battery to the Arduino the current to the Pi's micro USB port drops to 0.00
>>
>>58710442
Its a Schedule task, the problem is which one is causing it.

System restore point creation, windows defender, windows update, google update, etc.
>>
>>58710474
single wallpaper
>>
>>58710664
yes, it's called backfeeding.
>>
>>58710709
Neat thanks, never knew this was a thing
>>
>>58710585
(almost) anything is possible it's just not worth it and not efficient

virtualizing another os is just easier and pretty fast with hardware virtualization like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_virtualization#Intel_Virtualization_Technology_for_x86_.28Intel_VT-x.29
>>
Is there a way to make VLC treat a click to the viewable area as Play/pause like MPC-HC does?
>>
>>58696115
Well if the police said it's a civil matter then I guess you try to take your neighbor to small claims court. Sue them for the reimbursement value of one dog, emotional damages, etc.

I'd advise you to keep it out of the courts and just lets this go. Always avoid court if you can.

http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:comedycentral.com:996fbb34-ed00-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30
>>
>>58696664
It was. With rainbow tables and a decent GPU you can get through it pretty fast.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.