[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spg/ - Smartphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 29

File: Winter_SPG.png (916KB, 1900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Winter_SPG.png
916KB, 1900x1000px
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:

Honor 6X Review
http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_6x-review-1560.php

The Huawei Mate 9 Review
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10871/the-huawei-mate-9-review

New Report Says LG G6 Will Ditch Removable Battery In Favor Of Waterproof Design, May Feature Google Assistant
https://www.xda-developers.com/new-report-says-lg-g6-will-ditch-removable-battery-in-favor-of-waterproof-design-may-feature-google-assistant/

Microsoft Lumia sales come crashing down at minus 81%
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Microsoft-Lumia-sales-come-crashing-down-at-minus-81_id90464

LG Announces Q4 Loss of $224 Million
https://www.xda-developers.com/lg-announces-q4-loss-of-224-million/

Moto G5 receives FCC certification, Moto G5 Plus specs confirmed by GPUz
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Moto-G5-receives-FCC-certification-Moto-G5-Plus-specs-confirmed-by-GPUz_id90454

You can buy the HTC U Ultra™ I guess...
https://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-u-ultra/buy/

Old >>58668522
>>
>>58688825
First for HTC not dead.
>>
>>58688825
Second for zuk z2 and coolpad cool1
>>
Third for mate 9 best phone currently
>>
>>58689470
I hate the Zuk Z2 because of the shilling. I'm buying the Cool1 Dual after the Chinese New Year, It's shit compared to the Honor 6x and the Redmi Note 4 Indian version. It's a waste of money.
>>
>>58689470
>>58689610

The Coolpad Cool1 Dual is the Indian version (shit camera but comes with FM radio in the ROM plus has Gorilla Glass) while the LeEco Cool1 Dual is the Chinese version (better camera but still shit, has no FM radio on ROM and has no Gorilla Glass), most reviews are made by Pajeets with the Coolpad Cool1 (C103) while Russians review the LeEco Cool1 (C106). The C103 ROM can be used on the C106 phone
>>
Redmi Note 3 Pro or Redmi Note 4?
Why?
>>
>>58688825

So, for around $200, is the z3 compact the best sub 5" non-iOS phone you can get in 2017?

>country
USA
>carrier
at&t
>features
small, okay camera (something better than the moto x 2014), good battery life, good display, expandable storage
>budget
around $200
>size
smaller than 5"
>>
I have a question to you guys.
I plan to buy a phone with
MTK6750 Octa Core 1.5GHz Mali 860MP2
I want to know if I can play a game called shadowverse without any lag.
Does anyone have something along that specs and could download and try it out?
>>
Why isn't the unlocked s7 edge getting nougat?
>>
File: orient sun moon.jpg (186KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
orient sun moon.jpg
186KB, 3264x2448px
My Nexus 5 is slowly dying after many years of usage.

So I want to upgrade, but I'm really not sure where to look.

I want something affordable, with a decent camera and I give a shit about security.

Any advice? Oneplus 3? iPhone SE?

pic unrelated
>>
>>58690601
iPhone SE is the best value iPhone and Oneplus 3T is the best value android atm. Both are great choices. It comes down to which OS and screen size you prefer.
>>
Which phone has the hands down best IDLE battery life?

I can handle my phone dying quick when I'm using it but I hate keeping it locked in my pocket for 2 hours and 10% or whatever is just gone.
>>
>>58689796
Probably, looks like a fairly simple 2d game.
>>
>>58691634
Everything looks simple but my current phone can't even run the game.
Sony Xperia S nor could my friends cheap quadcore with mali720. So wondering if anyone have something they could try and see if it works.
>>
>>58691706
My brother has a MT6753 phone (8x1.7ghz, t760mp2) with a 1080p screen, I could ask him.
>>
>>58691723
You can? Please do, would mean a lot for me. Download it, give it a go and see how it performs.
Thank you anon.
>>
>>58691736
Yeah, I'll ask him when I get home.

If I forget to post my findings until later, check the archives.
>>
>>58691897
I will be here a long time, so no problem
>>
>>58691289

This comes from personal anectode but if you adjust the stamina and low battery modes right, sony phones last for 2 days -as they are advertised- with light to moderate use. I can sometimes manage to go for three days if i don't check stuff often. this happens when I have a busy week at work and don't want to bother with facebook/whatsapp messaging with friends or co-workers but just occasional checks for new mail and listening to music for short periods.

If you keep doing shit with a sony phone, you may not even last a day though, and they get pretty warm. at least bonus points for winter as a hand heater.
>>
>>58689770
have also been looking at the z3c, but i'm in australia. it really does seem pretty great.
>>
Why the hell the Xperia X has a SD 650?
>>
>>58693211
To differentiate it from the X Performance
>>
So what are the requirements for getting a new device under Google device protection policy? Are there any situations where they don't request the old phone back? And if so, do they blacklist the esn or something?
>>
>>58693312
Don't be a nigger
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
iOS users. Whats your essential apps you use? (paid/free)
>>
Guys, is there a website where I could filter trough all kinds of china shitphones to find what I like? Like check some boxes to narrow my search? For exmaple I would like for my phone to have fingerprint scanner, usb type c, 1080p screen, decent processor, etc. So i would check these boxes and I would get somewhat narrowed search results.
>>
>>58693733
Read the OP faggot
>>
>>58689796
Not a mediatek but my phone has a snapdragon410 (quadcore 1.4 ghz) with 2GB of ram and it can run shadowverse pretty well, i just installed it to test, if you like card games yugioh duel links lags pretty hard so don't even try it, weird since i can run the PSP tag force games via emulator just fine.

How much is said mediatek phone going to cost you? Because you could get an old Galxy S5 or an LG G2 for cheap and those still have good specs.
>>
>>58693527
Don't support artificially high prices.
>>
>>58693946
Sadly I can't get here any cheap old ones but the phone I am looking at is around 90€
Is the Adreno 306 better than Mali860?
>>
>>58693971
I haven't, but the person asking about Google device protection policy obviously did
>>
>>58693990
Then how about saving up a little more to get a Redmi Note 3 Pro? My spaniard friend got one for 135 europoors and it's the snapdragon650/3GB of ram one and he plays demanding games like mortal kombat, nova and modern combat without lag on it.
>>
>>58694052
Might do that, but I am not really into other games. I just happen to be addicted to the card game shadowverse, playing it a lot on pc and now want a smartphone that can handle it while I am on the go.
>>
>>58694071
Then keep playing on PC and save up for a decent phone that will last you a few years, i wouldn't buy a crappy phone even if it was 1 dollar unless i was really desperate to play some game.
>>
>>58694111
I am already playing it on PC just said I would like to buy a phone to be able to run the game. I am not in need for the best phone ever. Just something that runs it without problem.
>>
>>58693677
grindr
twitch
breitbart
>>
>>58694127
Well mediatek phones are known to be slower than even the lowest end snapdragon so you would be better off buying an old flagship or a meme budget phone (Redmi Note 3 Pro, Zuk Z3) if you want to play a game on your phone, android games are often unoptimized beyond words.

Actually the Zuk Z2 would be your best bet, it packs an Snapdragon820 (what all flagships from 2016 were using) with 4GB of ram, 64GB for storage and a 3500 mAh battery, one of the best cameras this side of budget smartphones and it comes with some nifty features like fingerprint scanner and gyrometer for games like pokeman go, 1080p on a 5" phone is also pretty comfy but i've heard the software is total shit, not a problem since you can flash a rom from zuk forums and fix it, it also doesn't have an sd slot but i don't think you'll really need it.

You can get it for around 210 dollars, that's about 190 euros.
>>
>got the 256gb SD card for free
>over the course of 3 months I only used 3 gb

I feel like I'm wasting it
>>
>>58694364
Sell it then
>>
S7 flat (is the edge version different? apart from extra screen) or HTC 10? (they cost almost the same).
>>
>>58694364
Start watching anime? A 12 episode series at 720p is around 16GB.
>>
Sony is rumoured to introduce up to 5 phones at the coming MWC and "leaks" have been coming out recently.

https://youtu.be/3PtFKWwWCnc

this looks like an updated XA. they also might introduce the successor to the z5 premium again with a 4k 5.5" display.

lg and samsung are all going "we need to go wider" route with different aspect ratios and i am really wondering if this is an implication that people/brands don't care about watching stuff with or without borders. maybe the mobile media consumption craze is over.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
To the guy that asked for me to try Shadowverse on my brother's phone, it works completely smoothly.
>>
>>58694469
They're the same except the S7 Edge has a larger screen (5.1" vs 5.5") and a bigger battery (3000mah vs 3600mah)

Compared to the HTC 10 the S7 has
>better camera
>better screen
>better battery life
>waterproof
>wireless charging

>worse software
>worse speakers
>worse audio
>no USB C
>>
>>58694689
Thank you, then I know it. The performance according to google should be on par with adreno 405. So will be quite well.
>>
>>58694683
I just hope they finally go for UHD screens, bigger batteries than 3000 mAh and more than 3GB of ram because while their phones are gorgeous i can't really justify spending 800 on those specs when i could get them for 300 from other brands, good on them for keeping the SD slot all these years though.
>>
>>58694683
Aren't the 18:9 and 18.5:9 aspect ratios that LG and Samsung are rumoured to be using in their new phones taller, not wider, than 16:9?
>>
>>58694743

oh i meant; if held horizontally, wider. otherwise yes, they are claimed to have long af screens.
>>
when will phone producers realize that not a small part of the market would want a smaller screen, but not paired with entry level internals? most modern "phones" or minitablets with ability to call I should say, are just uncomfortable to carry, and what's the point of a mobile phone if you don't want to have it with you?
>>
>>58694699
The HTC10 camera is on par with the S7 it just can't record in 4k, as for "better screen" it's up to the user since LCD is more accurate and battery efficient while AMOLED is saturated colors and ultra bright screens, iirc the SoT is better on the HTC10 but everything else is correct.

IMO the HTC10 is the better phone.
>>
>>58694792
It can record in 4k.
>>
File: oneplus-3t-og-1200x630.jpg (116KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
oneplus-3t-og-1200x630.jpg
116KB, 1200x630px
Wanna get a Iphone 6S Plus, which I kind of dont afford. A friend recomended the Oneplus 3T. Anyone know if its a good choice?
The price is about what I would want to spend on a phone and as long as it plays music I just want a nice camera. A big screen is nice too.

tl;dr is the oneplus 3T good?
>>
>>58695107
Yes, best android phone at the moment in terms of price/performance
>>
>>58694720
What phone you're getting?
>>
>>58695177
The village store has gotten a huge supply of doogee y6 max
So will get one for 90€
Which is not so expensive and works well for me.
>>
>>58695196
>6.5"
That's a big phone
>>
>>58695366
For you!
>>
OnePlus 3 or the Nexus 6p? Both have things I want in a phone, and they're both relatively the same price.
>>
>>58695950
Nexus phones have been bootlooping and turning off at 30% battery like crazy as of late, look it up, it's almost like google made them like that on purpose to get you to buy the pixlel and it's a hardware issue present on ALL phones, so not even warranty will save you from this as you'll just get another phone on a short timer.

Get the OP3.
>>
anyone have a pixel xl? I'm stuck on vzw for a little and I broke my nexus 6p. ordered a pixel xl early December and hasn't shipped yet. is it worth the wait? or should I just spend $200 to fix my nexus? or s7e?
>>
>>58696034
Sweet jesus that sounds terrifying. I'll have to read up on that, thanks.
>>
>>58696034
Stop exaggerating this shit. Nexus phones are fine.

>>58696229
I'd recommend the nexus because of the massively superior community support
>>
>>58696152
Yes, you've already waited that long, you can wait a bit longer
>>
>>58696348
>exaggerating

Yeah no, you can fuck right off (((friend))), this is an issue officially acknowledged by google, i won't allow a poor anon to buy an expensive, shitty paperweight.

https://www.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p-users-experiencing-random-bootloops/

>Unfortunately for the owners who experience this bootloop, there doesn’t appear to be any remedy. No amount of data wiping or re-flashing factory images seems to solve the problem, which would indicate that the issue is perhaps hardware related.

>Indeed it was, as a Google representative confirmed on Reddit a few months back when the final Nougat Developer Preview was rolling out:

>We understand that a very small number of users are experiencing a bootloop issue on your device. We are continuing to investigate the situation, but can confirm that this is strictly a hardware related issue. For those of you that are currently experiencing this, please contact your place of purchase for warranty or repair options.

And in case you want to buy the pixlel it also has its own share of issues, the most glaring being the camera having a permanent lens flare and the speakers crackling at max volume.
>>
File: _20170129_000841.jpg (316KB, 801x1775px) Image search: [Google]
_20170129_000841.jpg
316KB, 801x1775px
>>58695950
Nexus 6P has the terrible snapdragon 810 that overheats like a bitch makes the phone lag because of thermal throttling. Also the battery life is short. Also pic related.
>>
>>58696480
>very small number
Lel
>>
Moto Z Play for $300 a good deal?
>>
>>58697095
Seems like a really good buy, getting a lot of good reviews. I played with one at a Verizon store and it was really smooth. My only issue was the volume and power button placement. They're very high up and kinda makes it awkward to use them, even with my big hands.
>>
File: zte_axon_-fe7977ef7b6a72ea[1].jpg (79KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
zte_axon_-fe7977ef7b6a72ea[1].jpg
79KB, 620x349px
Anyone got an Axon 7? Opinons? It seems like the best phone at its pricerange.
>>
What to do with an old phone?
>>
>>58697499
I use my old G2 as a remote
>>
>>58697262
What does it offer over the Zuk Z2 pro?
>>
>>58689919
Help
>>
>>58697262
>>58697613
Better sound mainly, they're pretty similar though, amazing specs at a fair price boggled down by the shittiest sofware chinks can offer.
>>
What's a good phone and carrier for someone who basically never uses their phone? Never used more than 500 megabytes of data, send maybe a dozen texts a month on average, and cannot recall the last time I made a phone call
>>
iPhone 7 here. Did I make a mistake.
>>
>>58688825
So top priced androids don't have SD card slots? None of them?
>>
>>58697262

I have one, agree to a certain extent with this anon >>58697753 that the specs are amazing.

I wouldn't say the software is the shittiest, but there are a few minor and maybe 1-2 major complaints.

I think it distinguishes itself from the Z2 with screen size, quality, and Daydream support (soon) in addition to sound. If any of those things are important to you, it's a great buy.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (198KB, 1268x694px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
198KB, 1268x694px
>>58688825
Is this tutorial accurate on how to bootload the Nexus 5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cOUseflKNE&index=97&list=WL

Is there a way to do this without wiping the phone?
>>
>>58694263
>one of the best cameras this side of budget smartphones
You should hide your bait properly. This clearly shows you're merely pretending to be an idiot.
>>
>>58698163
Your parents made a mistake
>>
>>58697950
Moto G4 Play and whatever carrier has the cheapest data
>>
>>58698238
Galaxy S7 has it, HTC 10 has it, LG V20 and G5 have it, Moto Z, Huawei P9, Sony XZ... It's pretty much only applel and pixlel phones that don't have a SD slot.
>>
I just bought a couple of replacement batteries for my new phone (new to me - it's a used device) and intend on storing away the one it came with. Should I run it out completely before storing it? Or does it not matter?
>>
Have we heard anything new about Rubin's phone?
>>
File: One Plus 2.png (391KB, 1248x682px) Image search: [Google]
One Plus 2.png
391KB, 1248x682px
So, there's nothing really better all around at $300?

Why does the One Plus X have an AMOLED display but the 2 doesn't?

and like the One Plus One, the 2 is GSM compatible right? not like the X lacking 4G?

Thanks
>>
I broke my phone today (Galaxy J1) but I need it for work so I'm going to get a knew phone tomorrow. I live in the US and I have service through Verizon. I don't really care about price but I'd like the phone to at least have a headphone jack, have a good camera, a good battery, and be quick. What should I get?
>>
>>58699616
RIP Oneplus
http://forums.androidcentral.com/oneplus-3-3t/689777-will-oneplus-3-work-verizon.html
>>
>>58699616
Well what the hell works on Verizon?
>>
Looking at getting a chink phone for $150 maximum with kernel source available. I hae found the Ulefone Metal but is there any others?
>>
>>58699635
I have the Moto Z play. It's a really nice phone that is $200 less than most flagships
>>
>>58688825
My stepdad is buying me a phone and he's half-literate on tech and economics. He thinks I should wait for the S8 and buy that since I'm not in a rush to have a phone. Is he right or wrong? Even if it flops it's sure to drive prices a bit lower.
>>
Alright so I'm stuck on what my next phone is going to be. I'm upgrading from the note 4. Upgrade date is April/May. No cap on money.

My choices were Iphone7 Plus, S8 Plus, or One Plus 3T. I'm not sure if I would go to Iphone, doesn't even have quick charging. By the rumors on the s8, it sounds like it'll have only 4 gigs ram, which isn't a huge upgrade at all from my note. The oneplus 3t has a decent battery, and 6 gigs ram, but the screen is subpar to my note. Anons I don't know what to do.
>>
>>58689770
>>58692946
its okay but just remember that its not actually waterproof and be very careful with the headphone jack, its a known problem with their phones
>>
>>58699681
>Moto Z play
You paid $400 for a 32GB phone?
>>
>>58699355
It depletes after a while anyway, just don't keep it boxed somewhere where it gets extremely warm and you'll be fine, or better yet just throw it away.
>>
>>58699775
anyone have anything?
>>
>>58699539
Xiaomi mi5 is way better, and prettier
>>
>>58699728
Wait for the MWC, but don't get a galaxy
>>
>>58700352
Seems more pricey, and has a bit smaller screen, also that's like a chink chink phone ain't it? I've had good experiences with Oneplus

https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Mi5-Smartphone-Qualcomm-Snapdragon/dp/B01MRGA8RR/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1485661783&sr=1-1&keywords=Xiaomi+Mi+5
>>
>>58699775
>>58700344
Why do you feel the need to upgrade? Stop being a consumer whore.

>>58700352
Zuk z2 would be the better choice since its got a better SoC and more ram, bigger battery and a bit cheaper
>>
>>58700458
Because I'm only getting security updates now, no longer getting OS updates, and no, I don't feel like going through the trouble of rooting and trying custom roms.
>>
Hows the battery life on the Oneplus 3T? does it last a good day if you are a user that has work?
>>
>>58700479
Why do OS updates matter when you're still getting security updates?
>>
>>58700386
Mi5, not mi5s
>>
>>58700366
right, here's what I need in case anyone wants to help.
>Location
Dominican Republic
>Carrier
Unlocked preferably
>Features
Good camera(60fps video), 5"+
>Optional features
mSD, waterproofing
>Budget
Staying under $800 is my goal.
>>
>>58699811
I've read up that they're issue prone, what issues do they have?
I know the glass can be hit or miss, but is it really that widespread of an issue?
And I thought they were waterproof (to some extent) if the device is sealed up and hasn't been repaired or modified. Hence why people show off shallow underwater shots/the ability to rinse it off if dirty.
And how big of an upgrade is the z3c over the z1c, asides from screen size?
Coming from a note 2, i'm not a stickler for cpu specs and having the fastest, so the SD800vs801 isn't that big of a deal to me.
>>
>>58700494
1080p with a 3400 mAh battery and the latest snapdragon should give you at least 7 hours SoT mate
>>
>>58700504
Note 4 is stuck on 6.0 then. No awesome 7.0 upgrade
>>
File: Screenshot_20170128-230553.png (486KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170128-230553.png
486KB, 720x1280px
Life on the EDGE.
>>
>>58700537
That is the Mi5?

>>58700458
>Zuk z2
That one's not available on amazon correct?
>>
File: REY1Y8P.jpg (200KB, 1892x1278px) Image search: [Google]
REY1Y8P.jpg
200KB, 1892x1278px
I'm stuck to what dbrand skin I should get.
Using an OP3T and I've narrowed my selection to these six combos.
>>
File: Nvidia Zuk Z2.jpg (81KB, 867x532px) Image search: [Google]
Nvidia Zuk Z2.jpg
81KB, 867x532px
What's a good phone for $160? Preferably that isn't made of Fermi, with a good camera for the price. Thinking of Moto G4 Plus.
>>
>>58700928
Get it off banggood. iirc it was $161 after a coupon. Amazing deal for snapdragon 820, 4GB ram, and a brand that provides monthly updates.
>>
>>58701059
See >>58701063
>>
Should I return my iPhone 7.

Get the s7 edge or pixel non xl?
>>
>>58701063
Not really too interested in buying from one of those sites, how long does it even take for the shipping?
>>
>>58701116
You were supposed to buy a One Plus 3/T
>>
>>58701059
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3AaEnlK_Nw

Shows why ZuK Z2 has best camera in price range.

Better than Moto G4 Plus, LeEco phones and Redmi Note 4 SD version.
>>
>>58701068
Preferably not made of Fermi.
>>
>>58701217
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKHr99KjBXk

Best camera for the price range.
>>
>Buy Note 4 off Swappa
>Fucking pajeet mislabeled the model number and it might not get any sort of mobile data
>Test it out, it still gets data - crisis averted

Anyone else have shit like this happen? Did it work out for you, or did you end up returning it? (Or somehow screw up so badly that you couldn't return it and ended up with a useless device?)
>>
>>58701272
The fuck is fermi?
>>
I have a Nexus 6p. Are there adaptors that would allow me to plug it into a monitor using DVI or VGA?
>>
>>58701164
Verizon so no one plus
>>
File: moto-g-desk-cases.jpg (201KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
moto-g-desk-cases.jpg
201KB, 1500x1000px
I want to replace my old 2013 Moto G (8 GB, 3G only) and I have $300. What is the best phone I can get for that price?
>>
>>58701492
>>58701492
Nvidia, it's a graphics card that's not really known in /g/, only a few people on /g/ knows what Fermi is.
>>
>Country
Australia
>Carrier
Telstra
>Features
Decent camera, battery life and DAC. Don't care about processing power, I don't play any games or anything
>Budget
<$400 AUD
>Size
<5"

I like the look of some of the Sony compacts. Shape of the Xperia Z3 compact is nice.

Anyone know who to buy unlocked phones off in Australia?
>>
My previous phone used to show notifications about impending alarms which allowed me to disable them for one day, in case I got up early. Where can I setup this again? Xperia xc, latest android.
>>
>>58701951
http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/editor-review/529624

http://s.aliexpress.com/RfamURjM
>>
File: 1456848870795.png (301KB, 722x768px) Image search: [Google]
1456848870795.png
301KB, 722x768px
So, what browser do you guys use?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170128-022346.png (52KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170128-022346.png
52KB, 1080x1920px
>>58700494
Here's mine.
>>
Where the fuck do I download some decent ringtones?
>>
>>58700716
Buy you're still getting security updates and Android 7 offers zero advantages over Android 6.

If you care about updates get an iPhone or learn how to use custom ROMs. >>58701043
Don't support the YouTube cancer >>58702230
AdBlock Browser
>>
>>58700716
Nougat is hardly awesome. Nice, but nothing world-changing.

If you care about getting new features for your phone then root and throw a custom ROM on it.
>>
>>58702022
Stop shilling shitty phones.

It has shit cameras that lose out to Redmi Note 4 SnapDragon Edition, its loudspeaker is not loud, it heats up, its maximum brightness is only 430 nits. Its latest stable Official ROM was updated last October 29 (Shitty Marshmallow) with monthly Beta ROMs.

There's a reason why they released the Cool Changer 1C only after a few months.

Just buy a ZeK Z2.
>>
I'm running a Galaxy S on a custom 5.1.1 rom and trying to change the file system on the /cache partition using TWRP because I think it might be related to a google services error popping up every 10 seconds. However attempting to make /cache f2fs fails everytime. Changing it to EXT4 says "succeeded" but it remains stuck on yaffs2. What do?
>>
>>58700870
Italy?
>>
>>58688825
Hey, I'm looking for an Android phone that can connect to an HDMI screen without Chromecast. Somewhere in the <$150 range would be nice.
>>
>>58688825
> accurate GPS
> clear microphone when call
> have port for external antenna
> qwerty keyboard outscreen
> liquid cooling
> diamond glassscreen

When
>>
>>58702512
I succesfully formatted it and changed the file system to vFAT but after rebooting yaffs2 came back... It's mind boggling how these things work.
>>
File: 1480616238432.gif (425KB, 268x270px) Image search: [Google]
1480616238432.gif
425KB, 268x270px
what is the best fitness app, lads?

I need it for walking, running and cycling

I don't mind if I have to pay for it (for the app, I don't want any subscriptions)

thank you
>>
>>58702912
I only use myfitnesspal for counting calories. You can also enter cardio etc to track what you did each day. I don't use smartbands or other shit like that.
>>
I'm looking to get a new phone but I'm not sure what's out there in the market. I've got my eyes set samsung galaxy S8. I'm just looking for recommendations.

Cheers
>>
>>58703348
P9
>>
>>58703348
B8
>>
>>58703348
SE
>>
>>58703418
>>58703572
Cool thanks guys.
>>58703503
I've got no clue if this supposed to be a phone or just bait. Are you talking about the Lava B8?
>>
>>58703348
Eiaosi X6
>>
>>58702354
Are you expecting anyone to take you seriously when you type like a child?
>>
>>58703614
This only gives me earphones.
>>
How is an Xperia X?
>>
>>58703710
held it in a store recently. It's a beautiful phone hands down. I think if you are looking for a good looking midranger phone with a good screen and a decent camera as well as batterylife (thanks to the sd650) you'll be fine.
>>
>>58703348
Chengdu FC1
>>
I'm looking for decent, not expensive dual sim phone, will redmi note 4 3gb be a decent choice?
>>
At the moment I'm using huawei ascend p8. Would I see significant change if i buy redmi 4 prime or redmi note 3 plus?
>>
Yesteday I got 13.5 hours SOT on my galaxy j7 2016 with 5 percent remaining battery.

Sadly I forgot to take a screenshot.

I will never stop shilling for this phone, as it deserves my shilling.

My previous phone was an xperia S which had the worst battery life ever, so I made sure I fixed that in my next phone.
>>
>>58703348
mate 9
>>
File: iphone-7-features-desktop-02.jpg (125KB, 952x1180px) Image search: [Google]
iphone-7-features-desktop-02.jpg
125KB, 952x1180px
i'm considering the iphone 7 just because of it's water resistance

am i falling for their marketing?
>>
>>58703944
>13.5h SOT
>Samsung

Nicke try cuck.
>>
>>58688825

Thinking about buying a moto g 4 plus, yay or nay?
>>
>>58704222
its a good phone, don't let /g/ wrongly influence you. I think less of /g/ sheep than apple sheep.
>>
Is the xiaomi 3 Pro a good phone? It sounds like it has great specs, but how about this Mi UI bloat? Is it like touchwizz? I suppose they hardly get any update, right?
>>
>>58704248
I will post a screenshot in a couple of days.

why is it so unbelievable ?

Android 6 with Doze, 720p display, and a 3300 mah battery make it possible.

I know it is unbelievable for your flagship, but it is the truth.

I specifically picked this phone for the battery life.
>>
>>58702755
You need a phone with MHL support so
Galaxy s5
Note 4
HTC M8
Sony Z3

Or Slimport support
LG G3
LG G4
Nexus 5
>>
So I bought a OP3t a month ago and all has been well until today. If I leave my phone on but idle for a bit it'll turn off and be unable to turn back on saying that the battery is low and needs to be charged. The thing is it's not low battery, I left it with easily 50-80% and after leaving it plugged in for 5 or so minutes it finally gets life back into it and says that it's in fact at around what I previously left it at.

What the hell is going on?
>>
>>58704432
>being this retarded
Sure buddy
>>
>>58704570
RMA.
>>
>>58704570
To expand on this right now it's off but the screen came back and it's saying it's charging at 73%. I'm unable to turn the phone off without it giving me the "Battery is low charge it before turning it on" message again.
>>
>>58704605
Unable to turn the phone on I mean, sorry.
>>
Could be a software issue. Flash a custom rom, see how that goes.
>>
>>58704574
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j7_2016-review-1453p3.php
>Inside the phone, there's a 3,300mAh Li-Ion battery, which users can replace with ease. The combination of 720p resolution and 14nm chipset manufacturing process promises solid battery life on paper, but we're not ones to go by the specsheet alone.

>A few days of testing later, we were nothing short of amazed by the J7's battery life. It achieved more than 18 hours in our video playback test. When browsing the web over Wi-Fi, the result isn't quite as spectacular, but is still great at almost 12 and a half hours.
>>
>>58704570
You should have bought the op3, I've read in other places the same malfunction
>>
what is good non chink, non lg smartphone?
>>
>>58704876
Samsung or Sony?
>>
>>58704876
Nokia
>>
>>58704862
I can't seem to find it reported anywhere else and I just got done combing the One Plus forums as well. Maybe my google is just weak but I'm going to let it idle for a while and see if it does it again before I contact support.

It also went into this state earlier when attempting to boot an app. I know the app is safe yet it turned off the phone and did the whole need to charge before turning on thing on me.

This has only started happening within the last 10hrs I'd say.
>>
File: gsmarena_001.jpg (143KB, 1005x535px) Image search: [Google]
gsmarena_001.jpg
143KB, 1005x535px
>>58688825
What do you guys think about my new Galaxy J7 Prime I bought last week?

It seemed to be doing great at my daily college tasks. Opening PDFs, presentations, spreadsheets, etc without a stutter.

Some may say the screen used is outdated but it seemed to be doing great as well. Bright and vibrant to my needs. Great phone so far.

Camera is awesome for clicking notes and is very clear.
>>
What is a cheap phone that has usb C, a fingerprint scanner and reasonable specs? I want these feature but I don't want to overpay.
>>
>>58705008
20 minutes later checking on it. Double tap and screen goes on for a split second before turning off. Phone will not give any kind of message unless plugged in.
>>
>>58705229
wileyfox swift 2 I think
>>
>>58705144
Kujulhutulhumu kilililili kikikikiki ujululululu
>>
File: 12105147814_735b3809e4_o.jpg (95KB, 405x440px) Image search: [Google]
12105147814_735b3809e4_o.jpg
95KB, 405x440px
>>58688825
> iPhone 7
> not a big screen
>>
>>58705229
ZUK Z2
>>
>>58705144
How is the battery life ?
In my j7 2016 I consistently get more than 12 hours SOT.

I chose it over the prime because of the screen. The prime's looks dull, and the metal body would not really make a difference because it will be put in a case anyway.

Hopefully we will get Nougat.
>>
/r/ing purchasing advice
UK
Three SIM
Looking to buy unlocked handset

Desires
-Very nice camera
-Micro SD slot
-Removeable battery
-1080p or better screen, preferably one that would work well for VR
-Relatively futureproof specs
-4G

Thoughts?
I was considering the 1+ 3T but I didnt realise that didnt have a microSD slot
>>
Why is the zuk z2 so shilled around here? Is this shit reliable or one of those phones with great specs and shoddy build quality/bugs? I can see the software is already a piece of trash.
>>
I'm getting a free Samsung Galaxy S5 next week. Is it worth rooting the thing if I only use my phone to browse the internet and listen to music?
>>
>>58703348

NuAns Neo mate. Made in glorious Nippon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er-rmdbw6x8
>>
/g/, need a replacement for my shitty Xperia J that fortunately died a week ago.
Redmi 3s, Redmi 4, Meizu U10, Meizu M5, Meizu M3s Mini, or splash on a Redmi 4 Pro?
I don't really have any things I would particularly require from a smartphone apart from having not shit performance in daily tasks and playing .mkv at 720p.
I've also never dealt with a chinkphone or custom roms before, I don't assume it's that hard to install Lineage if one possesses at least half a brain lobe, right?
>>
>>58705464
If you're serious about VR then you'll want a 1440p screen. Google Daydream-ready phones include
-Google Pixel
-Moto Z / Z Force
-Axon 7

GearVR phones
-S7 / S7 Edge
-Note 5
>>
Zuk Z2 or Note 3 Pro, /spg/? I like the bigger screen but dunno.
>>
>>58705648
Note 5 vs S7?
>>
I don't want to derail the thread but what's the best ROM for the zuk z2?
>>
Is the Homtom HT7 Pro, 5.5" still the poorfag phone to buy? I need a cheap under-$100 phone for my dad

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/NjmqV7U
>>
>>58705237
>As per checking, the issues you are experiencing right now is one of the bugs of the latest OS update. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. It is not our intention to make the Software update inconvenient to our customers, that is why our ROM/technical team is already working on the next OS updates that has bug fixes. We appreciate your active feedback and attempts to reach out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas.

Now this would be the case if it didn't also do this after I factory reset to Oxygen.

They're escalating my case and want me to flash it with them in a bit.
>>
>>58705660
Whichever fits your needs better.

>>58705751

>>58706091
Check chinkshit link in OP

>>58705630
>I've also never dealt with a chinkphone or custom roms before, I don't assume it's that hard to install Lineage if one possesses at least half a brain lobe, right?
Correct. Some phones don't have as vibrant of a community and therefore is much harder to find any sort of guides or the simple fact that nobody is working on ROMs.

>>58705513
It's so shilled largely because of the processor. That's literally it.
>>
Any news on the Xiaomi Mi S yet?
>>
Is the Moto Z Play even worth it if you don't care about the snaps? Seems overpriced.
>>
>>58706559
Lenovo P2 has pretty much same specs for way cheaper. Redmi 4 pro also, but worse camera on that
>>
Anyone have any real numbers on the 6p bootloop issue?

Planning on buying a cheap one off of Swappa soon so I was curious as to how much I should be afraid of my phone breaking. I just need something to replace my Nexus 6 because it is showing its age at this point
>>
>>58706706
Why risk it? There's plenty of other phones to get. It's not like the bootlooping is the only issue the phone has.
>>
File: 1404285691546.jpg (354KB, 1157x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1404285691546.jpg
354KB, 1157x1500px
>>58698395
Can anyone give me some info on this?
>>
>>58706754
My budget is kind of low around 300-450 USD, I like stock Android, I like big phones, and I'm on Verizon so my options are limited

if there are other options for thing I'm unaware of I'd be appreciative if you let me know. I didn't see much when I looked around though
>>
>>58705144
>>58705364

How is touchwizz? Does your phones stutter or anything? Thinking about getting one.
>>
How's the xperia z5? Is it still filled with issues?
>>
Idk if do what I want: buy the moto g4 or wait until moto g5 is released

x.x
>>
>>58705513
Best camera for price point. Better than moto g4 plus.

Here's a camera review. Note that it's Zuk Z2 not Zuk Z2 Pro. Zuk Z2 is called Lenovo Z2 Plus in pajeet land.

https://youtu.be/NKHr99KjBXk
>>
File: Screenshot_20170129-201921.png (92KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170129-201921.png
92KB, 720x1280px
>>58706919
Originally, the theme is white and blue. But it has theming, and can make it look like this.

Generally, it does not stutter at all.
The only app that stutters when scrolling is Chrome, and not always.

A pleasant experiance overall.

I am not aware wether it is rooted easily, because I don't really think it needs to be rooted, because there is not much bloat to remove.

I have no complaints.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170129-202240.png (79KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170129-202240.png
79KB, 720x1280px
>>58707251
here is a battery screenshot. Sorry it is not a one charge diagram.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170129-202247.png (43KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170129-202247.png
43KB, 720x1280px
>>58707273
One full charge will give you 12 hours SOT of wifi and general light usage ( not heavy gaming ) with brightness to~ 40 percent.

This is the j7 2016. I don't know about the prime.
>>
>>58706142
Flashing it did fuck all. In fact support couldn't even get it to flash for a while because the phone was having such an issue trying to go on.

Need to send it in for repair/replacement.

>fell for the OP3t meme
>>
>>58698163
No wtf
>>
Redmi 3S, Redmi 3X, Redmi 4 or Redmi 4 Pro?
>>
>>58707506
R4P ofc
>>
>>58707538
I'm not really sure if I really need that 1080p screen and overkill performance, the 3S looks kind of adequate as it is.
>>
>>58707304
I should note that chinkphones were not an option since they are not imported to my country.
My budget allowed the following choices :
Galaxy A3 2016, J7 prime, J7 2016, sony m4, sony c4, and sony z3.

I picked the one with the best battery life and latest android.
>>
>>58707587
I see, thanks anon for the info. I'm leaning towards the j7 prime due to the 3gb of ram, although the super amoled screen seems really nice.
>>
>>58707675
Anon, see the screen of the prime IRL before buying it.
I had the same idea, because the prime has a finger print sensor and 3gm ram , full metal body..etc

But when I saw the screen, I hated it.

The ram has never been full on my device.

So yeah, check it before.

You should also know that the prime sucks hard with gaming, for some reason the j7 2016 is much smoother in gaming.
>>
>>58707560
Well they're close enough in price that'd I'd just pick the phone that's newer and has higher specs but if you're fine with 720p and the lower performance just get the 3S then.
>>
>>58707587
>chinkphones were not an option since they're not imported to my country
Is it against the law to import them or something?
>>
>>58707788
haha I live in Syria.

Chinkphones are slowly crauling in the market.

Recently, I saw CCIT devices ( I can't exactly remember ).

Huawei is also making a presence.

But there is no internet shopping or delivery.

The market is DOMINATED by Samsung, especially the J series, just like India.
>>
>>58707841
*crawling
>>
>>58707841
>I live in Syria
Oh, I see. Stay safe anon
>>
>>58708027
thanks lad
>>
>>58705464
this anon

bought an s7 (gold) opened but as new, £418

What should I do with it when it arrives? I dont want to lose all the samsung features like when I changed my s5 to CM13

I want to have xposed framework etc though, is that possible?
>>
>>58708246
you would have to keep stock firmware and no xposed
as far as i am aware we don't get samsung pay and im not even sure what else gets locked off when you trip knox
>>
>>58708246
>don't want to lose all the samsung features
Just keep the touchwiz ROM then. It can be made pretty close to stock android with a theme and Good Lock. There's root for the phone, but you'll have to stay on Marshmallow if you want Xposed as it's not available for Nougat
>>
It's utterly amazing how the android market has completely gone to fucking shit and you have to start looking at no name chink shit with no available tech support for a decent phone, which won't be updated shortly after release. And the alternative is a gimped overpriced turd lacking basic shit on top of a castrated OS and resolution from 2010.

Congratulations, everyone.
>>
>all this zuk z2 shilling

Nice. Have you guys also mentioned how none of the roms aside from the indian one are worth a fucking shit and even then it overheats the phone on more intensive tasks?
>>
should I buy an HTC10 for 400 bucks?

how is it supported software wise?
>>
>>58709283
>but muh specs
>>
What's a good RSS reader on Android?
I come from Reeder 3 on iOS.
>>
Will physical QWERTY keyboards ever return?
>>
>>58691289
My Redmi note 3 pro can go 20+ hours on idle without losing 1%. With that said, I got nothing running in the background and I'm not connected to the internet while idle.
>>
File: sk17i_xperia_mini_pro_3_big.jpg (57KB, 488x450px) Image search: [Google]
sk17i_xperia_mini_pro_3_big.jpg
57KB, 488x450px
>>58710117
They were so pretty and comfy
>>
>implying there's any real world difference between any flagship
>implying phones haven't peaked years ago and we're just getting gimmicks and increments that don't really change anything
>implying even medium tier phones aren't way above anyone's needs
>>
>>58710151
I leave mine with wi-fi, sync for updates and two apps locked into memory overnight, it loses about 1% every 5 hours with battery saver on.
>>
>>58704876
Legit answer: Sony, HTC and Motorola are the only brands worth buying smartphones from
>>
>>58709019
I thought the Android market was supposed to be diverse. Now they're basically iPhone clones. No removable battery, made of metal, focused on thinness rather than actually improving user experience.
>>
>>58710461
>basically iPhone clones
Except worse. Qualcomm has a stranglehold on the entire Android market, fucking everything right up. Manufacturers shitting out devices left right and center. Even Pixels devices only get updates for 2 years.

Google is now realizing the huge mistake of making Android so fucking accessible and exploitable.
>>
Which is better: Huawei or Xiaomi?
>>
>>58710527
Huawei is a chink expensive brand, that is already a con
>>
>>58710375
forgot Apple
>>
>>58710527
It's an apples to orange comparison.
>>
>>58710728
If you're a normalfag or a retard with too much money maybe.
>>
Redmi 4 Prime owner here. If you need a new phone on budget, fucking tap the buy button because this little bitch is fantastic. I have an unofficial port of the Lineage 13 and it works perfectly, camera is identical to stock (MIUI), battery lasts two days (10 hour SoT, sometimes even more, with mixed 4G and WiFi), the screen is really good, and it's insanely fast. Hopefully there will be a CAF leak like the Redmi Note 3 Pro, meanwhile we're waiting for sources
>>
>>58710850
Or just get a RN3P and enjoy offcial Lineage14.1 and multiple other official builds of popular roms, check XDA.

More or less same innards, it's just a little bigger.
>>
>>58708559
>>58708564

what's the best ROM for the S7 other than touchwiz? Which keeps the most functions of the phone? Which is the best non-stock camera app for the s7?
>>
Honor 5C, any thoughts ?
>>
>>58707079
>https://youtu.be/NKHr99KjBXk [Open]

Zukshills btfo. That really is a shit camera.
>>
>>58688825
lg g5 root fucking when. that's the only thing holding me back
>>
What's the difference between the Z2 and the Z2 Pro and is it worth paying double the price for the Z2 Pro over the Z2?
>>
Don't give a shit about screens, specs, but is there a cheap phone out there with decent build quality (read: not thin as shit) and a textured back?
>>
>>58701532
the feels are real bud. I'm in the same predicament, ordered a pixel xl.
>>
>>58711593
https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/zuk-z2-4gb-64gb,zuk-z2-pro
>>
So some parts of my lenovo k3 note screen are dont respond to touch do you think its just the digitalizer?
Screen doest even have a scratch
>>
>>58688825
Is a Sony Xperia X Compact really the best option if I want a manlet phone? It seems kind of pricey for what it is. Should I just try and find a Z3 or Z5 compact?
>>
What's the most reliable rooting method for a Galaxy Note 4 on Marshmallow? (Exynos model, if it matters.)

I've checked out various sites, all of which list different methods. I want to make sure I'm picking one which works.
>>
>>58709285
Just got 7.0, so the support is there. Think the price is right, but you'll need to compare it to other midrange phones around that price to decide if it's worth it for you.
>>
>>58711637
Moto G4 Play

>>58711689
There's always iPhone SE If you don't mind iOS
>>
Oneplus 2 for 150, worth it?
>>
>>58711748
>There's always iPhone SE If you don't mind iOS
I'd rather android. The X Compact is like ~$550 AUD. Is that worth? Seems like it has a decent camera but it's missing some of the shit older sony compacts had like water-proofing and I don't think the aesthetic is quite as nice as the boxier ones.
>>
>>58712897
No it ain't worth 550 kangaroo coins, the piece of shit packs 3GB of ram with a snapdragon650 and a 720p screen, the redmi note 3 pro (200 AUD) has mostly the same specs sans for the screen which is 1080p, bigger battery and a shitty camera, i'd consider getting the x compact if it was waterproof like previous compact phones but like you said it lacks them (it isn't even splash resistant) so you're just left with a tiny, frail, overpriced phone.
>>
Tempted to buy a Yotaphone 2, does it support US LTE bands for Verizon? Tell me why I shouldn't get it.
>>
>>58713361
russian malware OS
>>
>>58713403
Can't I just root it? My only gripe with it so far is non-removable battery.
>>
Forbes's review of the Hauwei Mate 9 Pro was so good I'm considering buying a $1000 dollerydoo pure-chink phone. Have i lost my mind?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1484368417197.jpg (20KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484368417197.jpg
20KB, 443x332px
>country
WallLand
>carrier
AT&T (need Band 2 for 4G)
>features
Android 6 or 7, Snapdragon, at least 3gb of RAM, microSD slot, aluminum body, rectangular form factor, at least 3000mah. Optional: Fingerprint scanner, Front faced speakers,
>budget
250~300
>size
5"~5.2"

I don't care if It lacks the band required for 4g tho, reception is shit on my town, 4g or not, also I don't give a single fuck about the camera
>>
Y'all need to buy Huawei phones
>>
What's the comfiest nonshit phone on the market atm
>>
>>58713568
Yes absolutely.
>>
>>58713643
iphone SE if it had webm support LMAO
>>
>>58713361
>>58713474
The other screen on the back is gonna get scratched to shit in 2 months tops, the phone got stuck on kitkat, the specs are underwhelming and it looks like one of those cheap throwaway phone you buy for 10 dollars to make a single call and them recicle.

There is absolutely no third part support for it, that means no root, roms or anything.
>>
>>58713361
Shit gimmick.

The rumored e-ink display mainly for notifs that samsung patented sounds like a much better use.
>>
>>58713727
Keyword: nonshit phone
>>
>>58713752
That is two keywords. Or better yet, a key phrase.

In addition to this, it was a jab at the fact that while it's nonshit, no nonshit phone exists. They're all shit in their own ways, like iphones and their lack of webm support.

But I get it, my humour is just 2 adv 4 u
>>
>>58713732
Yeah, thanks doc
Also realized it doesn't have 4G LTE support in the US so that's a no-go

>>58713750
I just wanted a constant anime wallpaper background and to read eromangas desu
>>
>>58713770
Might as well get yourself a tablet or ereader then.
>>
File: puta.png (193KB, 403x586px) Image search: [Google]
puta.png
193KB, 403x586px
>>58713767
Alright, suggest a comfy android phone please
>>
>>58713824
Doesn't exist yet pls hold for about 3 months
>>
>>58713785
but that's not cool and gimmicky
i wanna be the coolest kid on the block
>>
>>58713836
Doesn't have to be hot and new, I'm fine with a 2 or even 3 year phone. Tempted to just buy another S4 honestly.
>>
any android phones aside from the OP3 with a physical vibration switch?
>>
>>58710850
Was thinking about buying one, any caveats? Xiaomis have a bunch of hurdles to jump over to unlock the bootloader, I hear?
>>
>>58713843
The Mi Max? I have one and it's great for reading manga and watching anime on it, the specs aren't too shabby either so it definitely can do heavier tasks than that.

It's almost 7 inches tall and has a ridiculously big battery, it cost me 5800 spic coins, that's like 250 dollars but i bought it locally, imported from china it's 180 tops, but warranty is important to me.
>>
>>58706706
bump
>>
>>58713907
the oneplus X and most huaweis
>>
>>58713843
Then wait for foldable phones.
>>
Dropped my lg g3 on the sidewalk the other day. It had a small crack on the bottom but overall seemed ok. I like to live life on the wild side and not use a case on my phone. Later on when I actually tried to use it, half the screen wouldnt respond to touch. Thought it was hopeless, but then bought a new display and digitizer for like $60, installed it, and now it works like new.
>>
I have a galaxy S6 and want to leave verizon to go to a GSM carrier.

The only thing I really care about is camera quality because I ebay a lot of stuff.

Are there any ~$300 USD chinkphones that have the same quality camera?
Sidegrade is fine, I just dont want a large downgrade in picture quality.
>>
Is the Pixel really that much of an improvement over the Nexus 5 or should I hold out longer?
>>
>>58711715
Never mind, figured it out.

Turns out you can trust the poorly translated-from-Hindi website linking to a youtube video in Spanish narrated by a dude whose computer background is a stretched picture of Vegeta from DBZ. Whoda thunk.
>>
>>58714738
the pixel 2 is already pretty much confirmed so why bother
>>
Does the Redmi 4 Prime have any sort of protective glass on its own or should I buy aftermarket?
>>
Does anyone know if LG will replace my v10 that's now got the boot loop issue if it's been over a year since I got it? I hear they have shitty customer support.
>>
what are some good sub $200 phones for using on cricket wireless in the US?
>>
I currently have a Galaxy S3 and I like the aftermarket battery I have installed in it. Are there any modern phones on the market I can do this with?
>>
Just ordered a pixel meme phone. What things do I need to check when I get to to make sure I did not get a bad one (battery, display, wifi etc)?
>>
What is the best phone that I can probably find around ~400 or less and will please my ears?

Been looking at the Asus Zen3 and Huaweu Mate 8.
>>
So the phones for 2016 sound like shit, when are the next generation chink phones for 2017 going to be announced?
>>
>>58699775
Same situation, except for my upgrade being this month and need to upgrade because my note4 is shitting the bed. Fails to sense touch, wont fastcharge, battery life is dead, already replaced the port and battery twice, etc.

Got wife an i6 plus and thought it was really good. Not sure I want to deal with the no headphone shit on the 7 though unless it's worth it. People said to get the OP3T because of price to performance but I really just want to get the "best" phone for AT&T and don't mind premiums since I keep my phones for quite a while and they see a lot of use. If the OP3T is the absolute best, then I will take a look at it.
>>
>>58715380
pretty much every chinkphone has gorilla glass 2 but they don't advertise since budget phones from other brands have gg3 at the very least, a tempered glass screen protector is still a wise purchase though
>>
How do I figure out if my Note 4's bootloader is unlocked? I tried the "dial *#*#7378423#*#*" method and it didn't do anything.

Does it being an international unlocked model (n910h) mean it already is unlocked? I was able to get a custom recovery on it without issue.
>>
>>58715459
LG G5, LG V20 (don't, they bootloop), Galaxy J7 2016 and the Moto G4 Play are the only ones with removable battery, but afaik only the LG phones have "extended" batteries.

I'd suggest getting a Note 4 and a zerolemon 10k mAh battery for it.
>>
Hey guys.

I'm halfway considering jumping from Android to iPhone, simply because all android options in 2017 seem disappointing as fuck. I've used iPhones as part of my job, and I actually quite like the way they work and iOS itself, but my one concern is this:

Do I still have to use fucking iTunes to get anything onto my phone? My favorite thing with Android is that I can just connect it via USB and then drag and drop. Can iOS still not do this? That's a huge dealbreaker for me if so.
>>
>>58716752
how the fuck would we known, we don't use toys meant for the mentally ill and the retarded. go ask on /fa/, /fit/ or /lgbt/
>>
>>58716798
A+ post you sure showed me
>>
>>58716798
kek.

>>58716752
Can't give you a real answer, but when I use to have a Touch I was kind of on the same fence. Wanted to be able to put music on there without using iTunes. There were ways, but I didn't want to deal with any of it for some reason.

So...probably.
>>
File: 1429492331038.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1429492331038.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
What are the phone apps from which you've derived the highest quality of life improvement?
>>
So Indians have deemed the ZuK Z2 or Lenovi Z2 Plus as the best phone for less than $200. It was against the Redmi Note 4 Indian SnapDragon Edition, Huawei Honor 6X and the LeEco Cool1 Dual. The Zuk lost out against the screen/ display and battery/ autonomy also the audio quality of the Redmi Note 4. It also lost out against the camera quirks of the Honor 6X and the Cool1 Dual. But it had the best SoC for the price and is 5 inches compared to the 5.5 of the others. This made it the best choice even if it suffers from heating issues that leads to throttling. Having the worst audio and camera of the 4 also did not stop the Indians from voting it as the best for the price. Having the SD 820 SoC makes the ZuK Z2 the most cost efficient phone for the below $200 price because the SoC can do stuff that the other phones will struggle on. Foe example, the Redmi Note 4 Indian has an Antutu score of half the score of the Zuk Z2. It's already a form of bullying when someone buys a new Redmi, at first you ask how much and them ask his Antutu score then whip out your ZuK then show him your score and how much you bought it for. If they ask about the camera quality just go away and tell them you have work to do, they are just jealous of your SoC.
>>
>>58717209
Productivity challenge.

To do list.

Nova launcher prime.

NF companion.

Pocket.

These are good apps, but I can't really say they improved my life a lot.
>>
>>58717615
>Zuk2
>best SoC for the price
>shit everything else

Guess that's why people shill it!
>>
>>58717927
>Guess that's why people shill it!
It's the SoC, you don't need anything else at that price point.
>>
>>58688825
does keeping a phone plugged in past 100% do anything bad?
Should I turn off my phone at night? (I use encryption)
How do I prolong the life of a phone?
>>
>>58718357
No
No, why do you think you should?
Use a case and a screen protector
>>
>>58718437
>why do you think you should?
Well because phones use ssds and FDE cuts lifespans of SSDs
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.