[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music Players

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 4L_ahDpF9u0.jpg (612KB, 1934x1473px) Image search: [Google]
4L_ahDpF9u0.jpg
612KB, 1934x1473px
Anyone else using a music player with Rockbox? My iPod 5 is dying (hard drive clicking, dim display and weak battery). I'm thinking about getting a new music player. Should I just put new parts into this one or should I go for something else? Anyone have device or theme recommendations?
>>
All Rockbox-capable players are discontinued by their manufacturers, and the best ones (Clip+, Clip Zip, etc.) are selling for double what they retailed for because these are the end times for popular meme players, and since buying a """new""" one is better than prolonging the inevitable, keep the fact you'll be paying a lot for one in mind

With that said, get a Clip Zip if you don't wanna play Chinese replacement part roulette on everything but the hard drive, it's the Clip+ on steroids, and is somewhat cheaper than the Clip+ because no one memed it into infinity. Throw a $30 128GB microSD, and you're set
>>
>>58688785
I decided to get a new battery and screen, and I'm going to do an SSD upgrade.
>>
Still waiting for the JZ port.
In the meantime, some Sony players are getting ports.
There are so many though I'm not sure which can be ported and which can't.
>>
File: 1485568279346.jpg (127KB, 1080x940px) Image search: [Google]
1485568279346.jpg
127KB, 1080x940px
I use Microsoft Groove. I've uploaded all my music to onedrive and now I can stream them in Groove on all my devices for free.
>>
File: It's Maki! I love her!.jpg (232KB, 711x681px) Image search: [Google]
It's Maki! I love her!.jpg
232KB, 711x681px
>>58688785
>tfw you lost your clip+ working on your car
>it fell down into the engine bay
>couldn't find it after an hour of looking
>it's probably laying in the middle of the road somewhere
>check ebay
>$120

fine i'll just use my smartphone then
>>
>>58689131
the shills are real
>>
>>58688650
You can slap 2tb of storage into a gen 5 ipod with an SD card mod now. You can also get replacement batteries, though I'm not sure about the screen.
Though, the ipod's ram starts limiting the amount of music you can store reliably, as even with rockbox it's going to be too little to handle the database for a 2tb music library.

That goes to show how badly the portable music player market has stagnated.
>>
>>58689192
shut up ca
>>
>>58689131
Disgusting. Please leave.

>>58689322
Mine still has the original 30GB hard drive. I already have a 64GB micro SD and adapter, so I would need to buy another adapter to replace the hard drive with it. From what I can see they run 30-50 dollars on ebay.
>>
>>58688785
>tfw bought a replacement Clip+ in 2014 but was able to repair the old one
I'm gonna be rich soon.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.