[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else fell for the MPC-HC meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: mpchc.jpg (6KB, 151x151px) Image search: [Google]
mpchc.jpg
6KB, 151x151px
My housemates and I usually use VLC when we're watching shit on our home cinema, but I fell for the temptation to try something different because sper/g/lords said it was better.

Before transferring the movie to my laptop (slow wifi in the basement) I decided to try playing it from a network share just to make sure it worked, and it did. But when I tried copying it to my laptop the transfer failed at 95%, giving me a weird error message citing MPC-HC as the issue, even though the application (seemingly) wasn't running.

After rebooting my computer i tried again, this time the transfer went fine, and so I went into the basement where I hooked my laptop up and pressed play. About 10 seconds into the movie my friend decides that he wants subtitles because he's a massive faggot, and so I turn on the fucking subtitles. Does it work? Nope, movie goes lagging away at what looks like 5 fps. No subtitles for him tonight.

The movie plays, and in the end I bring my laptop back to my room and close MPC-HC. Guess what happens? Fucking BSOD when I close the program.

File plays perfectly in VLC, subtitles and all, no BSOD.

Why is MPC-HC so fucking shit and why in the world would anybody want to use shit that is this unstable? VLC does everything, and IT JUST FUCKING WORKS.

tl;dr: MPC-HC is a buggy piece of shit, VLC just werks.
>>
you guys sound like computer illiterates, try >>>/v/ you'll feel more at home there
>>
>>58681924
Great argument, if people enjoy stable software they're not worthy of your autism. How's Arch working out for you?
>>
>ITT: I have buggy drivers that are being crashed by hardware acceleration of MPC, so VLC works while raping CPU of my intel centrino thinkpad.
>>
>>58681890
You think people regularly get BSODs with MPC-HC you utter dumbass? It's your shitty system and your brain that are malfunctioning.
>>
>>58682076
>>58682063
If everything runs great but MPC-HC does not the only simple explanation is that everything else is also broken. What obscure third party drivers do you suggest I use instead of the newest ones from nvidia when I want to watch videos, and what is the fastest way to switch back to official ones when I want to play games again?
>>
>>58682147
Are we magicians that are supposed to know what the problem is? Maybe look at what the event viewer says or the actual error code of the BSOD.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (4MB, 3381x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
4MB, 3381x2160px
>>58682147
Use latest drivers and clean up your OS because based on your description it's fucked beyond help.
Pic related. Works on my machine. If I tried to run this file in VLC it would probably shit itself.
>>
>>58681890
In this post, OP'S BAD DAY JOURNAL ENTRY.

Nobody fucking cares. If it doesn't work use whatever did. What the fack do you want? Validation? A pan on the back? FUCK OFF you inbred toddler fag.
>>
>>58682203

post video pl0x? need to benchmakr some stuff
>>
Kill yourself, shit for brains.
>>
>>58682307
I don't feel like uploading this very video, but here is a torrent of similar one: https://www.nyaa.se?page=view&tid=686597
Also 3840x2160 HEVC 60fps 10bit. If you don't have at least haswell i7 or graphic card with hevc hi10p decoder, you won't play it smoothly.
>>
>>58682368

Kaby Lake plays them with no problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI-a4WZWwZc

120mbit 4k .. Though that jelly fish video is only 30fps, not 60.
>>
>>58682581
Skylake does not have a proper fixed function HEVC decoder, only software mode.
Also does the app he used for playback uses DXVA native or copy-back method?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (3MB, 3382x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
3MB, 3382x2160px
>>58682581
I tested it with 400Mbps video and works just fine on i7 4770 + GTX960, but the cpu does not matter here since it's the GPU that does all the work.
>>
>>58681890
It's takes more than a $200 laptop OP
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.