[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I slip up g ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Did I slip up g ?
>>
>>58681625
should have went noctua, the fans are far better.
>>
>>58681827
I'm not concerned with noise. I want the best performance without using a water cooler
>>
>>58681868

It's pretty good if you have enough ram clearance. I personally have the r1 universal though, because I have ricer ram.
>>
>>58681868
literally noctua is hands down the best cpu cooler and the fans they put on it have the best static pressure, it's almost impossible to get better and to just ice the cake, it's silent.
>>
>>58681868
just get a 50$ watercooler... mines silent, no issues, and build quality is solid and my cpu never goes over 50c when it did 75c on the stock fan. (i5 2500k stock clocks)
>>
>>58683809
>>58683809
>just get a 50$ watercooler..

Only reason for getting an AIO is space restrictions.

If you have lots of space, air cooler is better cooling/$.
>>
>>58681893
>have enough ram clearance.

How do you know about that when you wanna buy a motherboard?
>>
File: Untitled.png (56KB, 976x470px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
56KB, 976x470px
>>58681625
Your pic related and things like the Fuma are meme Noctuas without the meme pricing, but all the performance, it's really hard to fuck-up a dual-fan/dual-tower solution, and with Noctua, you're paying for the fans more than the metal. If you wanted, you could buy Noctua fans and replace the Cryorig fans with them, but all you'd be doing is making it quieter

A Fuma can keep a 4790k reasonable under the worst P95 has to offer, so a Cryorig should also be p. dece, considering it's technically the exact same design
>>
>>58683852
That's usually not the issue. The issue is some ram is really tall because of the heatsink. Like the corsair Dominator. But the Ultimate would work with low profile ram, like Hyper Fury
>>
>>58681625
this be an ok find
>>
>>58683828
Is this true? If space isn't an issue? Looking to oc a 7700k to 5ghz and need to keep that shit cool when hyperthreading kicks in.
>>
>>58686065
Better cooling per dollar anon. A $12 212 EVO will perform on par with most 120/140mm AIO's that cost five times as much. If you want pure performance for no concern of cost then yeah watercooling is the way to go.
>>
>>58683809
Idiot
Water coolers are louder usually because you're adding the pump.
Air coolers best closed loop water coolers until you get to premium water coolers with large rads
>>
>>58686469
my case fans are far louder than my aio setup, like it literally don't hear anything from it even if I stick my head inside my case. and I'm getting better temps than my friend's hyper 212 on the same cpu for 10$ more. my case temps are also much better, as well as my case airflow so my chipset is staying cooler as well.

maybe shut your mouth before talking next time because clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>58686216
>a $12 212 EVO
where the fuck are they 12$
>>
>>58686065
at some point you simply can't put enough cooling space on air cooler, so "best" cooler will probably be WC. 3x120 radiator will give you more heat dissipation space (and it will be more evenly spreaded) than any air cooler on the market.

that being said, air coolers are superior in almost every way. cheaper, no pumps with their pump noises, no risk of leak, more reliable by concept
>>
>>58687102
>hyper 212
Lmao
You're a retard for buying a cheap aio
>>
>>58688536
use to be sub 20$, still are some china made ones that hit that price range.

>>58686216
100% depends on airflow. I would duct the cpu cooler and outtake of the computer with a 212 and that will make even the worst cases perform excellent. really it makes everything preform great but god damn does ducting doo good.

here is how it goes

you want a silent cooler for cheape, noctua has your back
best bang for buck evo 212 has you there
step up again, noctua's has another cooler that is good

from there everything is meh till the 80$ mark where noctua comes in and curbstomps shit once again,

then you have to jump to 120-140$ before there is a clear better then noctua all on one cooler, and its a triple radiator.

then a step up from there is noctua fans, as noctua have the best static air pressure fans you can get for computers that are not delta fans, but deltas are retarded loud and no mater how much you claim to not care, 60~ db is obnocious

the only reason you chose a water cooler is

1) you demand silence, noctuas are a bit louder then water coolers, but effectively silent
2) you have no space and need to make the most of it, air coolers are not good in this regard
3) you made a custom loop and by just changing tubing, are able to reuse the setup for a new build.

Personally, air cooling has less failure points then water, and with dual fans, are more redundant then water coolers so if one fan goes, you still have a cooler that works, whereas the pump fails, or the fan fails on a water cooler you have little time before thermal shutdown. Not to mention you have to trust water in your computer, not sure if you ever dealt with companies but they tend to look for the most money with least spent. Not saying the tubes will crack and leak, or that someone in china didn't put the tube on right so it may fall off soaking everything inside, I'm just saying, I don't want to deal with the possibility if its not necessary.
>>
>>58684594
his pic related costs $79.99
a noctua d15 costs around 80-90

the only difference is one gives you best in class fans along with the cooler, and noctuas FAR FAR less painful mounting solution.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.