[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Lambda Tesseract real? It is really driving me nuts. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1464270999624.png (3MB, 1580x2238px) Image search: [Google]
1464270999624.png
3MB, 1580x2238px
Is the Lambda Tesseract real? It is really driving me nuts. I have done several hours of research and the most I could find is the original 4chan thread which seemingly spawned the image (I myself found it on facebook, with several thousand likes). It seems like bullshit but there is one guy in the thread who sounds so convincing (he would be genius-tier if he was shitposting):

> Take the lambda cube and extend it into another dimension. Cutting edge research, I would not be surprised if the creator of the image is working with it.

> It is extremely new research, I have seen it mentioned in passing on a few mailing lists I occasionally use. There is really very little information on it out there, and I'm surprised it even found its way onto this infographic. Honestly I think you would need to email around PLT departments and see if you get an answer if you really want to know.

>It is an idea mentioned in passing in numerous PLT circles. There is no published literature on it as of yet, they are still figuring it out. Basically, the lambda cube have us 8 vertices, 8 different type systems. The lambda tesseract guys have figured out how to split each of these type systems into two distinct classes, then build in orthogonal directions. Each is more powerful (and incompatible with each other) in separate ways. Please do not quote me on this, but I believe one of the directions goes in the way of building true dependently-typed equality, while the other totally sacrifices this for completely different gains.

>The huge gain will come when the 'edges' of the cube are built, combining parallel systems into a unified theory. There is also a glimmer of hope that this process can be generalized, and we can create lambda 'shapes' of arbitrary dimensions, at which point the power of type systems will grow exponentially. If true (extremely unlikely) it will be one of the greatest discoveries of the 21st century (I doubt it). That is truly all the information I have.
>>
>OP doesn't know about the lambda tesseract
>>
>>58681360
Nor do you, by the sound of things.
>>
I dunno but pretty sure its just a shape
>>
>Rust
>D
>On the same level as C or Perl
>>
so where does mips asm fit in? next to x86?
>>
>>58681337
>ASM higher than lambda calculus
into the trash it goes
>>
>>58681337
Memes

You are so autistic you took a shitty meme seriously. You code in whatever is best for your project end of story.
>>
>>58681960
I never said I agree with the layout or whatever, I am curious about the lambda tesseract, the only language I am not able to find information about easily. I can't believe the shit in OP, which makes sense in some form, was all for memes. No one comes up with some shit like that off the top of their head for fun, if they can, they're a wasted talent.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>58681994
>No one comes up with some shit like that off the top of their head for fun
>>
Sorry to break it for you OP, but we're all way to intelligent here to share our secrets for free.
>>
>>58681337
sent ;)
>>
>>58681337
where is brainfuck?
>>
>>58681337
check your private messages, I sent you some TOR links for you to decide if you want in or not.
>>
>>58681337

If anything has become increasingly apparent to me over the past couple of months, it would have to be the fact that most of the people on this board have no fucking clue what they are talking about.

You've been trolled/you are trolling if you believe such a thing is real.
>>
>>58681994
Welcome to 4chan. If you have taken anything you have ever read here seriously you mind is to small for this place.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.