[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was recording an mp4 video with obs when my power went out,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I was recording an mp4 video with obs when my power went out, it won't open with: mpv, vlc, handbrake, etc. Is there any software I can use to recover the video? It is saved as it's recording, about 2gb file, lot's of video data.
>>
What happened to the original file you were using to reencode?
What file system?
What OS?
Can you still see the original file? If so what size is it?
>>
>>58680121
Record another video with the same settings.Then using a hex editor, copy the header over the corrupted video. Probably won't work due to the codec compression but it's worth a try. I've done it with success with uncompressed TIFF files before.
>>
>>58680173
I wasn't converting a video, I was recording a video so there is no original file. The power went out, but more or less all the data recorded up until that point is saved in an mp4 file, but since it was not officially finished by the program the mp4 will not play. All of the data should still be saved though up until my power went out.
>>
>>58680235
Oh my bad I read that wrong.
Worst case scenario is that when the power went out there was still data in RAM that got lost and corrupted the file.
There might be programs out there that can fix the corruption but I don't know of any right off my hand
>>
>>58680307
>Worst case scenario is that when the power went out there was still data in RAM that got lost and corrupted the file.
Not really how it works.
MP4 isn't like stream formats like earlier MPEG containers, or Ogg or MKV. MP4 just mashes all the data in one big lump, then writes an index declaring where the frames start and end. The index is the last thing written.

With no index, the file is a big useless vat of goo. Toss it, you're not getting it back.
>>
>>58680121
maybe try ffmpeg -i in.mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy out.mp4
>>
>>58680339
Damn, thanks.
>>
>>58680339
I'm not talking about the video format writing, I'm talking about data being cached and not written to the disk yet
And since the index is the last thing written it would make sense that it got corrupted after a power outage
>>
>>58680121
Shits gone yo
>>
It seems I should have recorded in flv (defualt setting). I switched it to mp4 because it was more familiar, bad decision.
>>
>>58680393
Don't delete it. Try doing this
>>58680356
or upload it here and I'll see if I can fix it. joelixny.ddns.net
>>
File: J4hKy8l[1].png (60KB, 1413x392px) Image search: [Google]
J4hKy8l[1].png
60KB, 1413x392px
>>58680572
Gives me an error, don't think it's going to work, thanks for trying to help though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.