[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soundsystems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 31qfdr3oACL._SX425_.jpg (10KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
31qfdr3oACL._SX425_.jpg
10KB, 425x425px
Do we do stereos here? I'm enjoying my current setup, but I'm looking to upgrade a bit.

Figured something like the VIZIO SB3851-C0 looked okay, but did they ever make wireless subwoofers lag-free, or at least close to it?
>>
>soundbar
disgusting
>>
>>58667070
I'm not well versed in the benefits versus the negatives. I've heard this one actually works well for the price, but what would you suggest?
>>
>>58666927
Get a dedicated audio receiver and floor speakers, a few bookshelves, and a sub with its own amp. More expensive, but way nicer.
>>
Is that a fucking soundbar?

Anyway get at least a $500 budget buy some decent bookshelvs a cheap 10' subwoofer and a cheap amp and if you still have money a cheap dac
If you want just a plug and play thing get yhe klipsch promedia
>>
I used to have the older version of the one pictured. I have no idea how similar they are functionally, but physically they are very different.

In short it was a massive improvement over the speakers on my tv and the bluetooth connectivity was an appreciated convenience. Unless using the rear channels, you can limit cable count to the respective power cables of the soundbar and subwoofer, and the bluetooth never really gave me troubles with my vizio television. The bass was adequate for a small room and the drivers in the bar itself worked well together.

HOWEVER, the rear channels were not very good at all. The drivers were really tinny and weak and it seems whatever surround decode they're using has no idea what to throw to the rear channels so it often just sounded like the signal from the front channels being piped through a pair of wiimotes.
The cables also weren't impressively long and used some goofy proprietary (i think they were a different diameter but I may be remembering that wrong. I never tested other cables) RCA-esque connectors as opposed to more versatile terminals.

The setup process is also clunky and weird. The manual does a bad job of explaining what various settings do and you basically just have to play with them all until you find a setting you like.
The remote also didnt have a backlit screen and the shitty 80's era LCD/VFD was difficult to see even in broad daylight.

I've since moved on to a proper 5.1 set up with tower speakers in front and full sized center and rears. It's a vast improvement, but overall I would say the soundbar wasn't terrible. If I were living in an apartment or just wanted better audio quality in a small bedroom, I would probably go with a soundbar, though I can't say I would bother with another 5.1 kit and stick to a 3.1 set up.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.