[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> They unironically believe linux doesn't have telemetry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: crashreporting_details.png (30KB, 602x402px) Image search: [Google]
crashreporting_details.png
30KB, 602x402px
> They unironically believe linux doesn't have telemetry
>>
>>58662981
Install Gentoo
>>
>look_mom_i_posted_it_again.jpg
>>
>>58662981
>Difference on Linux:
>It's your choice wether you want to give out your data or not
>It's opt-in
>The Privacy Statement is well-defined and usage of your data is limited, preventing the devs from selling your personal info to third parties
>If any of the above is not the case you can always fork the program (provided it's free as in freedom) and remove whatever bothers you

that's how the replies looked like in the last thread and they won't be any different this time.
>>
File: 1463001590337.jpg (36KB, 450x420px) Image search: [Google]
1463001590337.jpg
36KB, 450x420px
>Click reply to /g/ sticky thread
>Stallman Christmas hat.
>>
>>58662981
Telemetry is such a fucking meme buzzword that everyone thinks its bad now. Yes, full sized data mining telemetry is bad, but bug reports and/or other crash data telemetry is not. These are both examples of telemetry. Anything connected to the internet has SOME form of telemetry.
>>
>daily reminder that linux is not unix and is shit
>>
>>58666807
Are you that autist from a few days ago who was booty-blasted about the GPL and the fact that Linux distros didn't pay for a good-boy-points certificate from the Open Group?
>>
Nobody cares
>>
In Windows, they don't fucking care if it's a crash or your input, it's sent automatically.
And you just shown how retarded are you - see that quit button? Yeah, you can select NOT to send them a bug report.
>>
>>58667058
>In Windows, they don't fucking care if it's a crash or your input, it's sent automatically.
>And you just shown how retarded are you - see that quit button? Yeah, you can select NOT to send them a bug report.

You are an autistic sperg. Not only that is not true, you can even completely disable all services that even attempt to ask to do it, let alone do it themselves.

That's the state of meme cancer against windows in here. They are so lazy and incompetent they can't even disable a few basic services.
>>
>>58667184
>Thinks he can disable all the botnet shit
Come on, give me a good laugh.
>>
>>58667232

Only an autistic child like yourself would believe his useless linux box (useless because most software that matters can't run on it) is completely secure.

But I tell you what, you can be more secure by running OpenBSD.

So stop being a linux faggot, run OpenBSD to be more ..."secure".
>>
>>58662981
>retards biting the bait hard: the thread, part 2
wewlads
>>
>>58667326
you must be over 18 to be here
>>
>>58667396

I bet you didn't even know what OpenBSD is child.
>>
BSD* license is the only license for ** Free Open Source** software. GPL is cancer and should be avoided
>>
>>58667396
penis needs to be over 1 inch long to be here
>>
>>58667326
I'm concerned about your mental health.
>Most software that matters can't run
Like what?
>>
>>58667439
I know your're mum in the biblical sense.
>>
>>58667524

Like fucking what? Are you seriously asking that question. I'll tell you what, it's shit even for fucking development of programming.

I won't even attempt to describe why it's shit for Design, Manufacturing, Arts, Office, because you have to be autistic to not get it.
>>
File: notevenbait.jpg (82KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
notevenbait.jpg
82KB, 625x626px
>this thread again
>the current state of /g/
I mean, I haven't even been here for long, but even I know how far this board has fallen.
>>
>>58662981
It's open source.
If it's detected spying against a users wishes
A. Who the fuck is it spying for
B. Fork it
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.