[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: neck man.jpg (21KB, 200x478px) Image search: [Google]
neck man.jpg
21KB, 200x478px
Is PC gaming dying?

Won't be long until Microsoft either releases updates that sabotage the performance of Windows 7 or use the backdoor to sabotage it for users who turned updates off. They have to force users to update to 10 one way or another. The longevity of Windows 7 is matching that of XP and Microsoft is losing a shit ton of money because of it.

Vista flopped hard and Windows 7 saved the day. 8.x flopped hard too but Windows 10 isn't saving the day. Microsoft really wanted people to switch. They tried making it free as in gratis in the beginning. That didn't work. They brought back the start menu after their touch-oriented gimmick failed to impress. It didn't work. They tried luring in the Apple fans by oversimplifying things and calling everything under the sun an app. It didn't work. They included Windows 10 Mobile users in their statistics for users who upgraded to Windows 10. It fooled exactly nobody.

As of today, the majority of Windows machines in the developed world still don't run Windows 10. And if it weren't for the shady deals with hardware manufacturers and the prevalence of games that require DirectX, Microsoft would have been finished by now.
>>
>>58658938
>Microsoft would have been finished by now.

You don't know a thing about what you're talking about, do you?
>>
File: 1480729607956.png (656KB, 569x629px) Image search: [Google]
1480729607956.png
656KB, 569x629px
>>58658938
>>58658954
Except he's correct.
The only hope Microsoft has is a new architecture that completely prevents people from using an older win on x86.
But then again: They always support a truckload of legacy so I don't think it could be done.

They're on their way out so they have to juice windows 10 with ads, botnet, and shit design because they are incapable of producing anything better.
>>
>>58658938
>>58658954
>>58659023
I have a feeling the next major version of windows, whatever it will be called, will most likely be subscription based and will probably be the real downfall of windows.
>>
PC gaming isn't threatened by microsoft, it's threatened by consolefags. Even when companies make a PC port, it's complete shit and is essentially the console version slapped on a PC, so you can't use any of your hardware you spent money on. You might as well have bought a console.
>>
You assholes act like Microsoft gives a shit about the home version for money. Enterprise licenses are where the money is made.

Microsoft doesn't give a shit that you're buying windows for your GAYMIN rig. They care that A vast, vast, VAST majority of companies use Windows for business. As long as that market share doesn't slip, they really don't give a shit.
>>
>>58659144
Then they're in deep shit:
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/99-of-businesses-have-not-upgraded-to-windows-10-according-to-study/
>>
>>58658938
>allowing windows 7 to update
r u ok?
>>
>>58658938
is this b8?
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/01/as-pc-sales-shrink-the-gaming-pc-market-grows-faster-than-expected/
>>
>>58659181
Read what I said again.

They're still on Windows. Microsoft doesn't care. They still get volume licensing deals if its 10 or if its 7.

We saw the same thing in 2014 when XP went out the door; businesses lagged for a number of reasons including lack of legacy support for mission critical software/hardware, lack of interest (IE, not listening to their IT), or financial reasons.

You know why 7 has the biggest market share? Because you can slap 7 in a core2duo Optiplex that was running XP and it will run fine. Just like how in 2021 or 2019 or whenever 7 is supposed to go eol, people will be slapping 10 in gen1 i3 desktops.
>>
>>58659144
Remember how company computers stuck with XP for a looong while? Guess what OS has that spot now.
>>
>>58659143
Was threatened by consoles at one time. Now its the other way around. Bigger market than the TV attached consoles combined.

Maybe Android will threaten it eventually...?
>>
>>58658938

dude imagine if a huge meteorite had impacted M$ HQs, Microsoft would have been finished by now! Imagine if Bill Gates had died on 9/11, Microsoft would have been finished by now! Wew lad, you're really good at thinking aren't you?
>>
>>58659248

XP PC's didn't come with C2D cpu...

XP came with Pentium 4's.
>>
>>58658938
>is pc gaming dying?
no
>>
>>58659233
>arstechnica
>not b8
Stop dying your hair blue, faggot
>>
>>58658938
>>58660141
>PC
>(((Microsoft)))
>(((Windows)))
You writing about WC gaming (windows computer). PC gaming is never been more alive after first indie humble bundle.
>>
>>58660141
You missed the entire point.
>>
>>58659143
This is only true for generic AAA shitware though.
The PC gaming market is so much bigger than that.
>>
>>58658938
it's not, i emulate everything i play on my pc.
>>
>>58658938
>updates that sabotage the performance of Windows 7
Lol, won't happen.
>>
>>58660817
>WC gaming
I'm stealing that.
>>
>>58659265
Windows XP is still supported for impeded applications.
>>
>>58658938
If ryzen can not function on windows 7 natively, I will likely switch to linux and use a gpu pass through to run either a buggy win7 or win 10 and camp the ever loveing fuck down on incoming and outgoing internet.

I hate linux, the look, the feel, and much prefer a windows environment. There was a multi month period a few years back my hdd died and I used a knoppix cd boot distro as an os, at the time it was the most user friendly linux distro and that still felt like shit to use. But the moment windows 10 had forced updates the os was dead to me unless I could work around it, linux as a worst case scenario offers me the way to clamp that update shit.
>>
>>58659181
>businesses prefer to not have to retrain all their employees to use a new OS if they don't have to

SHOCKER
>>
>>58658938
You do realize that if Windows becomes unsuitable for, Linux will take up the mantle, right?
>>
>>>/v/
THis is fucking out topic.
>>
File: haswell_die.jpg (518KB, 1200x794px) Image search: [Google]
haswell_die.jpg
518KB, 1200x794px
>>58661890
>I hate linux, the look, the feel, and much prefer a windows environment.

You can make Linux look and feel however you like though.
>>
>Is PC gaming dying?
Nope, it's growing at an exponential rate relative to console's rate of decay, as usual microsoft holds majority of the market and it'll only grow when they chokeslam the VR market with real drivers and not third party bullshit which requires drm software and logins.
>>
Who the fuck cares if WC gaymen is dying.

Windows is legacy garbage that should have died a century ago, like Intel's x86.

Fuck off back to >>>/v/ you piece of human garbage
>>
>>58658938

>Is PC gaming dying?

No

A majority of gamers will have no problem switching to Windows 10 when the need arises. Most probably already switched. They don't act/think like /g/ users and probably could care less about the botnet.

Windows 10 is the end-all, they don't plan on making anything beyond it. At some point you will need to upgrade or go find a Linux Distro that you want to use.
>>
File: 1471933444198.jpg (127KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
1471933444198.jpg
127KB, 1024x769px
After not upgrading my potato for 7 years I'm gonna build me one on May and it's gonna be overkill to compensate playing all the new games on super Nintendo graphics, idgf if it's dying OP.
>>
>>58663857
Don't listen to the haters; there is no such thing as overkill. Go nuts!
>>
I don't know op is it? are there any stats on it?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.