[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone give me the quick rundown on these guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: screenshot.png (234KB, 517x381px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
234KB, 517x381px
Can someone give me the quick rundown on these guys?
>>
>>58656603
Both of them wrote brilliant code back in the days
Left one is a bit weird and has a very direct way of arguing.
Right one went a bit too far with his ideas about free software.
That's all there's to it.
>>
Linus writes beautiful code. He has published some side projects that he wrote all on his own and the code is just wonderful. He also lives in the real world while still maintaining his open source ideals and supporting himself through his work.

RMS is basically a homeless loser who hasn't made any real contributions in the last 20 years. He is still super butthurt that Linux beet HURD (but hey, HURD just got basic sound support in 2016!) and basically tries to claim Linux because Linus used GCC and the GNU coreutils. He survives on the charity of others and speaking engagements where he spouts his insane, paranoid, philosophy. Basically he won't be happy until all the programmers are homeless hackers like him and all the companies are shut down. How people are supposed to support themselves and their families in that scenario aren't things he has to deal with because he is basically a permanent grad student. He does make some good points about privacy, but for him, there is no middle ground. Anything that may reduce your privacy even the slightest bit (like movie recommendations on Netflix) is evil according to him, and must be destroyed. In a lot of ways he show classic signs of mental splitting, which is a classic symptom of mental illness. To top it off, when he does write code, he does so in the style of the awful GNU style guide which is a crime against humanity IMHO.

So, in a nutshell:
He's a bird-fucking, self-absorbed, power hungry, toe jam eating pedophile that thinks everything should be free and everyone should be forced to share, who looks like he hasn't showered in years so as to create a static shield around his body to protect from aliens. He also created an OS without a kernel because he's basically Steve Jobs gone communist. Oh, and he calls himself doctor though he holds no PhD.
>>
>>58656730
>RMS is basically a homeless loser
kek
>>
>>58656603
Dr. Hobo Meme
>>
>Linus
Weirdo who likes to ignore politics
>Stallman
Weirdo who loves freedom

t. free software supporter :)
>>
>>58656603
Left made git and started Linux.
Right has GPl and gcc.
They're alright, but the right one should fuck off with its GNU namescheme.
>>
>>58656730
>he calls himself doctor though he holds no PhD
while phd's are worthless these days, "doctor" is a protected term. fucking report this idiot if you see him misusing the terminology.
>>
>>58656603
linux. A kernel and an OS.
gnu. the fat that has to be trimmed, which infects every pour of your body and slows you down. Also want's to fatten every linux distro.

hope you liked my quick rundown.
>>
File: C22pLXiVIAQXHzk.jpg (37KB, 750x524px) Image search: [Google]
C22pLXiVIAQXHzk.jpg
37KB, 750x524px
>>58656837
Send him a mail and see it yourself.
>>
>>58656603
Quick rundown on them:
>Rothschilds, Putin, Freemasons and Rotary clubs bow to them
>In contact with aliens, both illegal and otherwise
>Rumoured to possess psychic abilities, MK-ultra has nothing on project Linus
>Control france, Andorrra and Spain with an iron, but fair fist.
>Own castles and banks all over the world
>Are the secret owners of the london bus system
>Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line (contains every relevant person since Joan d'Arc)
>Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Stallmangrad will be be the first city)
>In the process of terraforming Pluto as their personal planet
>Own basically every DNA editing research facility on Earth, Elon Musk is only the front for them
>First designer babies will be Linustallman Babies, genetically tailored for large chins
>Both said to have 900+ IQ (between the two of them), such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
>They specialize in bargain hunting
>Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon the Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>Marched with Gandhi, Martin Luther King and nelson Mandela
>>
>>58656940
i don't remember this.
Mandela effect!
>>
File: on-the-buses.jpg (97KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
on-the-buses.jpg
97KB, 780x439px
>>58656940
>secret owners of the london bus system
At least someone own them.

>In the process of terraforming Pluto as their personal planet
With rx480 on linux.

>Both said to have 900+ IQ (between the two of them), such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51

Kokoro-chan make them ashamed with her six digit IQ.
>>
>>58656940
Kek
>>
Linus is a good guy
Stallman is a pedophile
>>
>>58656940
>genetically tailored for large chins

4/10 pasta
>>
>>58656940
Time to install Debian on all of my relatives' computers. I will laugh at them when they turn on their computer only to find Debian desktop environment™ of just the CLI.
>>
>>58656940
This right here.
know you're fakts OP
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.