[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make my day...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 16

Make my day...
>>
Why does /g/ continue to insist that PCs are better than Macs in any way?

- Best consumer UNIX OS on the planet
- Award winning build quality and reliability
- Doesn't get viruses unlike that bloated piece of shit Windows
- A whole suite of professional level software, along with the best of GNU utilities
- Bundled with the best web browser (Safari) and the best music player (iTunes) that can be found on a computer OS
- High quality aluminum and glass enclosures
- High quality display panels
- The best warranty on the market

Name ONE other laptop that

- Runs the best consumer OS on the planet
- Uses the best designed logic board on the planet
- Has the highest quality 16:10 LCD panel on the market
- Has the best trackpad and keyboard on the market
- Is the most durable laptop on the planet without going into ruggedized military shit (inb4 shitty plastic ChinkPad)
- Comes with the objectively best warranty on the planet

So as we've proven, Mac boxes have the objective superiority over PC boxes. It is a fact, trying to deny as such is like trying to deny the sky is blue.

If /g/ doesn't accept every claim I've stated, then that means /g/ is the shittiest board on 4chan that can't face the fact that Apple is the best computer company in the world even though it's been objectively proven here today. If you disagree, you're an autist troll and I will report you for trolling outside of /b/.
>>
>>58646905
Do you know how I know this is pasta
>>
Apple knows how to make memes for autist spergs.

Step 1: Give excellent hardware that costs A on regular retail

Step 2: Sell said hardware at twice the price of retail

Step 3: The autistic spergs are too star-struck

It's generally a good scheme, fool them about excellence, sell them something actually good, but with a ludicrous markup.

The autists don't realize not all PCs are created equal, and especially on the desktop. You don't have to buy a shitty Dell. You can build a masterpiece, but you have to avoid being an autistic sperg that follows meme marketing talks in tech shows blindly.
>>
>>58646882
Nice use of words
>Light
>Years ahead

sure performs like a piece of shit...
>>
>>58646882
I never understood the irrational hate towards Apple. Then I visited their website and priced a few products.
>>
>want to copy filed to my ipod nano
>have to install itunes
>it's k since doing it only to copy and removing it afterwards
>download installation
>installation fails
>google the cause
>"here, follow this link there are links to download other working versions"
>"v1 - normal installation"
>"v2 - installation for systems with old cpus"
>"v3 - installation for systems with old gpus" (what the fuck do gpus have to do with itunes!?
>have old cpu and gpu (8 years old to be precise)
>try all 3 versions - they all fail
>there are no other known fixes
GOOD JOB APPLE
Now I have an ipod that I cannot copy new songs to.
How do I sue them for this?

I swear Apple is turning from "overpriced but otherwise solid" to "overpriced and shit".
>>
File: 1458380147205.png (26KB, 603x222px) Image search: [Google]
1458380147205.png
26KB, 603x222px
ITT applefags are triggered they only get 1.2 GHz duel core
>>
>>58646882
What's wrong with that? it's just the logical conclusion of miles ahead
>>
I don't care that it's pasta
>>58646905
>Best consumer UNIX OS
unix isn't good, macOS isn't the best of them either
>Award winning build quality and reliability
yeah, it's pretty good. But at the sacrifice of any form of repairability or modding
>doesn't get viruses
yes it does. and "not a lot" isn't an argument, cause windows doesn't struggle with not getting viruses either
>a whole suite of professional level software
No, prosumer software, things like Final Cut are simply too lightweight and restricted for high end production. Almost all apple creation software suffers from being too lightweight. they sacrifice algorithms that produce good results for ones that run a little faster.
>safari
no
>itunes
no
>high quality
already wrote that. Don't necessarily agree that aluminum and grass are great materials for laptops though. The panels are merely ok, overhyped as fuck, also glossy, which is a no-no
>best warranty
I don't really know about that, but much more expensive to get repaired than most
>best designed logic board
lolno
>highest quality 16:10
Hands down, 16:10 is the best case for the mbp. 3:2 is better though, so even that doesn't hold up.
>best trackpad and keyboard
it's not even in the top 50% for keyboard, it's straight up bad, worst physical element for the laptop. Personally don't use trackpads, but yes, it's good.
>most durable
Most business PC's will beat it, don't need to go into warzone or construction oriented PCs to beat it at that. Post-IBM thinkpads included.
>>
>>58647113
why are you calling the general consumer autistic sperg?
>>
>>58646882
Apple is so fucking shit

I can't wait until they are dead in the ground
>>
>>58646905
>PoS that throttles under load and has load temps of 90+ degress Celcius
No thanks
>>
>>58647568
Use winamp
>>
>>58648179
This works. Thanks.

Still, iTunes not supporting older systems is a joke.
A company as big as Apple simply shouldn't allow something like this to ever happen.
>>
File: 1483655221041.gif (45KB, 395x324px) Image search: [Google]
1483655221041.gif
45KB, 395x324px
>>58647885
I have a quad core i7 MBP that runs at 3.4GHz.

I'm the opposite of triggered.
>>
How come retards even have problems with something so easy as macOS?
>>
>>58648078
>But at the sacrifice of any form of repairability or modding
Nice meme, literary upgraded to RAID0 SSDs and 16GB of RAM, replaced the battery and even integrated a G4 modem.
>>
>>58648078
>No, prosumer software, things like Final Cut are simply too lightweight and restricted for high end production.
>Adobe does not focus mostly on macOS and their suit does not work best on Macs
r-e-t-a-r-d
>>
>>58646905
but what is blue?
>>
>>58648078
>Hands down, 16:10 is the best case for the mbp. 3:2 is better though, so even that doesn't hold up.
99% RGB, high DPI

>3:2 is better
NICE opinions.
>>
>>58649670
>Adobe does not focus mostly on macOS and their suit does not work best on Macs
correct? There might be some marginal speed up since macos is lightweight, but generally it's heavily outweighed by the better specs of PCs
>>
>>58649692
>opinions.
no, it's not an opinion. It's how the human eye and brain works. it's objectively better for productivity tasks.
>99% RGB, high DPI
Never said it was a bad screen.
>>
>>58648078
>it's not even in the top 50% for keyboard, it's straight up bad, worst physical element for the laptop.
OPINIONS
I say it's the best non mechanical laptop keyboard. Stay mad.

>Most business PC's will beat it
Literary last better than ThinkPads. Full metal case and frame. Also, screen does not wobble like a fucking ThinkPad.
>>
>>58649705
Yes, for productivity. It's great for reading text or typing code. Bad for watching movies.
>>
>>58649705
>it's objectively better for productivity tasks.
Literary opinions! The "hurr 3:2 is best for human eyes" has been debunked several times. It's literary how you use it yourself, most workflow will take advantage of wider screens.
>>
>>58649708
>the best
Provide evidence.
>>
>>58649697
>correct
>I'm so new I don't know what implying is
False. It's much better on macOS, Adobe optimises it much more for it.
>>
>>58647568
>connect iPad to iTunes
>disable syncing
>accept
>Now deleting Music, Video, Photos
>thanks applel
>>
>>58649739
Provide evidence it's not! Mr.Opinions.
I will write a blog with pictures of it saying it's the best, proove me wrong then.
>>
>>58646905
>Best consumer UNIX OS on the planet
This is subjective to the person using the actual operating system.

Most other higher end laptops win awards and receive acclaim as well.

>Doesn't get viruses unlike that bloated piece of shit Windows
Don't know about you, but I've never had a virus in the past 18 years of using Windows.

>A whole suite of professional level software, along with the best of GNU utilities
I don't use the software I assume you're referring to, however I assume the equivalent would be Adobe and/or MS Office.

>Bundled with the best web browser (Safari) and the best music player (iTunes) that can be found on a computer OS
Firefox, Chrome, Opera and even Edge. Also, Spotify is better.

>High quality aluminum and glass enclosures
Apple makes horribly ugly products, if the aluminum isn't a very dark grey or black it's disgusting.

>High quality display panels
...point at a Dell laptop.

>- The best warranty on the market
"Every Mac comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. Extend your coverage to three years from your Mac original purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan."
AppleCare is $349.0
Dell XPS 15 4 Year Premium Support is $299.00, 4 Year Accidental Damage Service is $159.00, for a total of $458.

>Name ONE other laptop that
>Runs the best consumer OS on the planet
You mean Windows.

>Uses the best designed logic board on the planet
Does this directly affect the end product in any noticeable way? Alrighty then.

>Has the highest quality 16:10 LCD panel on the market
Dell. XPS. 15.

>Has the best trackpad and keyboard on the market
Chiclet keyboards almost always suck, trackpads as well.

>- Is the most durable laptop on the planet without going into ruggedized military shit (inb4 shitty plastic ChinkPad)
Any normal height drop can still destroy a display on any laptop.
>>
>>58649759
So no evidence for your claims? Nice.
>>
>>58649692
can you memorize how perfect primary colors look, and based on that judge any display?
>>
>>58649708
>>it's not even in the top 50% for keyboard, it's straight up bad, worst physical element for the laptop.
>OPINIONS
tendonitis isn't an opinion, it's a bad keyboard, bad keytravel, noisy, meh actuation. Also the layout is all retarded, goddamn.
>>58649708
>Literary last better than ThinkPads.
literally, objectively doesn't.
>screen does not wobble
This isn't a problem unless autistic
>>58649727
Yes, I'm talking from a creator perspective. MBPs are as good of a media consumption laptop as you're gonna get, unless you need some kinda gamur pc.
>>58649730
>The "hurr 3:2 is best for human eyes" has been debunked several times.
not it hasn't. I didn't say 3:2 was best either. 4:3 or even 1:1 is. I don't see how you can debunk this. We consume data with mid and near periphery, which has a 1:1 aspect ratio, and travelling up or to the side is equally comfortable unless you have a really really big screen(in the 30"+ at normal seating distance).
So the best aspect ratio is objectively a taller screen. The only way you could prefer a wider screen is for media consumption(that benefits from the far periphery) or if you are simply used to widescreens and don't like leaving your comfort zone.
>>58649750
I know what Implying is. I'm saying the implication was accurate. also what you are saying is wrong.
>>
>>58646905
>Has the best trackpad and keyboard on the market
>The Macbook designed by Apple in California has the best keyboard in the market
Ok buddy.
>>
>>58646882
Years ahead (of a $300 Android phone)
>>
>>58646882
you guys driven by hate, when someone post bait threads about macbooks all you bluepilled retards start to hurd dur to fucking bait, the onli places where you can get decent discussion are at the Generals the rest of it is just shitposting to get bluepilled normies to respond, /thread

go all home
>>
>>58649993
>that broken English
>that brand apologism
How's the weather in New Deli?
>>
>>58646905
>best web browser (Safari)
Yeah no.
I have a Macbook Pro, but even I refuse to use Safari on any level. It's either Chrome or Firefox if you want an actual web browser.
>>
>>58646882
Cheeky as fuck PR guy.

>>58646905
>PCs
>Macs
Stop this shit. Any Macbook can run any other OS, while your could put hackintosh on most modern hardware too.

Obviously you're right about Macbooks being the best laptops though, for same cases SP4 or SurfaceBook can be the better option though.

>>58647885
Nobody sane gives any fuck about that shit if performance is good.

>>58649705
Anon please the difference between 16:10 and 3:2 is barely noticeable on such small screens.
>>
>>58652028
>Anon please the difference between 16:10 and 3:2 is barely noticeable on such small screens.
that just isn't true. just like 16:9 and 16:10 is noticably different.
>>
>>58647113
>Basement dweller shitposting on /g/
>Refers to normal people as autistic spergs
Ok.
>>
>>58649993
> hurd dur
GUYS
Let's fork GNU Coreutils and call it "DURR". Durable Utilities, Revolutionary Redeveloped.
THEN
We ship in with HURD and call it HURD/DURR.
What do you think?
>>
>>58652164
What's a hurd?
>>
>>58652057
>just like 16:9 and 16:10 is noticably different.
Usually because of the wasteful bezels that just look "wrong" as if someone cut off a part of the screen. Sure if you're really paying attention, you'll see the difference between 16:10 and 3:2 too but it's pretty minuscule.
>>
>>58652211
It's like TempleOS, but made by Stallman.
>>
>>58652230
>Usually because of the wasteful bezels that just look "wrong" as if someone cut off a part of the screen.
there are 16:9 screens with less bezel than the mbp
>>
>>58652296
Side bezel maybe but take a look at the abomination that is the lower bezel at XPS. Makes it look like the designers took a coffee break and never came back after doing the upper side. Then some idiot walked in and decided on the webcam placement.
>>
>>58648087
>>58652061
fuck off "normal people"
>>
>>58652336
only looks that big because the others are small in contrast.
>>
>>58652432
>>58652336
the premise is flawed anyways, the difference is tremendous when you actually look at screen real-estate.
>>
>>58652432
Eh, partly. It's still pretty big even compared to other bezels. The contrast only makes it look absolutely ridiculous, otherwise it'd be just "meh".

>>58652445
Given a similar resolutions, it's still a lot closer than 16:9 - 16:10 are.

Also a bit about what you do, displaying 3 pages side by side in office will probably work better on 16:10, while a pure text editor will profit from 3:2 more.
>>
>>58648179
>winamp
D E P R E C A T E D
>>
>>58646905
Epic meme
>>
Light is years ahead of Apple garbage.
>>
>>58646905
/g/ is the shittiest board on 4chan, not because it will argue against apple fags over apple, but because this conversation appears on /g/ at all.
>>
>>58646905
Anything with a USB port
>>
>>58649692
>99% RGB

RGB is not colour space you Ignorant idiot.
>>
>>58646905
I know this is copypasta but
>aluminium
>durable
>>
>>58649284
You look like edgy me, but unironically. Lurk moar.
>>
>>58646882
Apple would be dead without Microsoft.
>>
>>58653513
This time it's the other way around, I always install the fonts from Microsoft

I will not stop

never
>>
>>58653573
Nice blog post, really.
>>
File: Microsoft Surface Book.jpg (219KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft Surface Book.jpg
219KB, 1600x900px
>>
>>58653598
You're a disease.
>>
>>58653513
WTF I HAET MICROSOFT NOW
>>
>>58653625
Did they literally copy old Macbook base?
>>
>>58653678
No, it comes with a battery
>>
>>58653638
Sorry, I badly reacted to your post because this was totally out of scope of this thread and how I felt about my post.

That being said, 4chan can't be good for you if you have insecurities.
>>
>>58646905
Don't forget those amazing glossy highly reflective screens!
>>
>>58653694
WARNING: PHOTOSENSITIVITY/EPILEPSY SEIZURES

A very small percentage of individuals may experience epileptic seizures or blackouts when exposed to certain light patterns or flashing lights. Exposure to certain patterns or backgrounds on a television screen or when shitposting loudly may trigger epileptic seizures or blackouts in these individuals. These conditions may trigger previously undetected epileptic symptoms or seizures in persons who have no history of prior seizures or epilepsy. If you, or anyone in your family has an epileptic condition or has had seizures of any kind, consult your physician before posting. IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE use and consult your physician before resuming to shitpost. If you or your child experience any of the following health problems or symptoms:

Dizziness
Altered vision
Eye or muscle twitches
Loss of awareness
Disorientation
Seizures or
Any involuntary movement or convulsion

RESUME SHIT POSTING ONLY ON APPROVAL OF YOUR PHYSICIAN.

Use and handling of image boards to reduce the likelihood of a seizure:

Use in a well-lit area and keep as far away as possible from the front page of the internet.
Avoid large screen televisions. Use the smallest television screen available.
Take a 15-minute break during each hour of posting.
Avoid posting when you are tired or need sleep.

Stop using the system immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms: lightheadedness, nausea, or a sensation similar to motion sickness, discomfort or pain in the eyes, ears, hands arms, or any other part of the body. If the condition persists, consult a doctor.
>>
>wahh i have literally nothing else to do with my time but care about other products i won't buy

ayyyy

Posted from the NEW MacBook Pro 13" with Touch Bar magically unlocked with my Apple Watch Series 2 paired with my iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black currently charging next to my iPad Pro 9.7".

((im not even shitposting))
>>
>>58653860
I'm considering a Macbook but I think I need light gayming more, so I won't buy one.
I respect your choice but I don't believe it's the right one for me.
>>
File: 1.gif (2MB, 334x357px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
2MB, 334x357px
>>58652935

/FUCKING THREAD
>>
>>58653860
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>58653923
Thank you, anon. Whatever you decide on, I hope you enjoy it!
>>
>>58653718
Only partly true. Retina ones are bright enough to balance it out. All the new macbooks are perfectly usable in direct sunlight.

>>58653923
Pretty sure you should be able to do some light gaming on Windows. Even old ass HD4000 was good enough for that. Depending on what games you exactly mean of course.
>>
>>58646905
Can't argue with that
Not really, Toughbooks and "shitty plastic" Chinkpads are better at that
> Doesn't get viruses unlike that bloated piece of shit Windows
Remember Heartbleed? Macs DO get viruses
> A whole suite of professional level software, along with the best of GNU utilities
Cool
> Bundled with the best web browser (Safari) and the best music player (iTunes) that can be found on a computer OS
iTunes is good, but it's far from the best music player, Foobar is superior IMO. Safari is a shit.
> High quality aluminum and glass enclosures
> High quality display panels
Debatable
>The best warranty on the market
Now that's a lie

Macs aren't the worst thing in the universe, but they're light years from being the best.
>>
>>58655708
>they're light years from being the best
So what would be best? A laptop pretending to be a tablet? All the "business class" laptops with cheap screens and mediocre trackpads? Perhaps an used cumpad?

Most of your points are legit and some are indeed debatable and/or preference, and Macs are far from perfect but I find a hard time finding a better overall package, especially if you plan to use the laptop like a laptop and not a mobile workstation where it'd be possible to use mouse instead of Windows trackpads.
>>
>>58646905
The sky isn't always blue. Like during night
>>
>>58655816
AKSHUALLY .. it's always blue on earth, even if our eyes aren't good enough to tell it apart from black at night.
>>
>>58649804
You claimed it's bad first, so provide evidence of that.
>>
>>58649814
What are you talking about? There are devices for that.
>>
>>58646882
wtf is a turbo boost?
>>
>>58656697
Did you just wake up from a coma? It's pretty standard for CPUs for years.

Basically the processors adjust the clock to the workload. Say you do something in Photoshop, it jumps to 2.7Ghz, then goes to idle clock when you're done and so on. Depending on software, it might be always effectively 2.7Ghz but if there is something that needs constant clock, like encoding 4K it will stick to 2,7Ghz until the TDP forces it to go back to base clock of 1.2Ghz or even throttle.

It's not really specific to Apple or even Intel, just Intel does it way better and faster than others.
>>
>>58653491
Jelly?
>>
>>58646882
>muh gigahurtz
>>
who would wast money on a macbook when iMacs exist?
>>
>>58657051
Who would waste money on a car when planes exist?
>>
>>58657051
>desktop Mac
>desktop computer
btfo
>>
>>58649284

I'll bet the screen is still fucking glossy.
>>
>>58646882

Well, basically everyone in tech hubs use macOS. With Mac, I can have Windows and Mac and Linux. Mac by far is the best experience for programming and doing work.

If I want a high performance gaming computer, I will build a desktop.

Everyone is just butthurt that Mac is too pricey.
>>
>>58657105
t. Starbucks Barista
>>
>>58657144
Obviously, if you mostly use your laptops inside, glossy screens have way better blacks and color.
>>
>>58656697
i means your cpu is low powered until you use it for heavy tasks. then the macbook blows up because its only designed for social media and watching gay porn.
>>
>>58657051
many people don't have the privilege of staying in one place constantly, so they are forced to use mobile electronics
>>
>>58657206
I like bedposting, iMac seems somewhat inconvenient for bed use.
>>
>>58646882
>>58646905
>>58647113
MacBook owner here, I have a 2011 Pro. It's a really nice computer and I've been using it for a few years now. I'll be getting another Thinkpad after Applel drops update support in a year or two. Not sure yet if I'm going to hackintosh or go back to Debian, but I'm not buying another Apple laptop. This machine is not at all durable. It's made of cheap soda can shit on the outside which I can dent with my thumb nail. The keyboard isn't the worst I've used but is still a cheap piece of shit that feels mushy, but the backlight is nice I guess. There's also the problem of Apple going from useless ports to no ports. My computer has FireWire. After 4 years I still can't figure out what the fuck I could even use it for. It's an utterly useless port unless you need to use another Mac in target disk mode to transfer huge amounts of data. I think there are also hipster cameras use FireWire. Frankly I'd rather have a third USB type A port. But now the new Macs have all USB type C ports, meaning all of the users are in dongle hell. At least my current Mac is fully upgradable except for the CPU. The only good thing about Macs is the OS, which is why most iToddlers tolerate the mediocre and overpriced hardware. I just want a computer that doesn't require a case, has ports, and that's user upgradable. If I have to use a Thinkbrick to get these basic features, then so be it.

Fuck Apple.

t. Macfag
>>
>>58646882
>does 99% off what you need it to do
>uses 1/16th the power
not everyone needs an i7 689679796959kkk at 420ghz
>>
>>58657206
so they troll a indonesian koran forum while they are walking around? also how are is it to carry 12 pounds? also there is such things as a wireless keyboard with trackpads. fucking retards.

>>58657262
>2011
last acceptable year for macbooks and somewhat for imacs. at least imacs have ports and you dont get cucked on performance.
>>
>>58657262
>2011 Pro
Topkek, MBP 2012 or bust, 2011 a shit.
>>
File: 1465382362405.jpg (194KB, 988x802px) Image search: [Google]
1465382362405.jpg
194KB, 988x802px
>>58657301
>acceptable year for macbooks
Good joke.
>>
>>58657341
The older gen three i5 n i7 can't even thermal throttle, they will nicely run with the boost clock no matter what the temp is.
>>
>>58657262
No wonder you are so unhappy, the 2011 Pro is the worst.
>he doesn't even have USB 3.0
>>
>>58657262
Nigga, USB C is one of the best thing Apple ever did or that happened to the industry. It's literally THE perfect port replacing everything else and letting you decide. The only downside is that the majority of the market still didn't arrive there.

Once it's more available, there is not going to be any need for different chargers or different cables/ports for stuff. Just look at the DVI/HDMI/Displayport hell there is, 3 different fucking cables just for monitors and TVs.
>>
>>58657438
DVI is legacy.
HDMI is for home media.
DP is for computers.
>>
>>58657438
>Once it's more available

By that time the donglebook will be an ancient piece of shit that gets 30 minutes battery life.
>>
>>58657339
>implying there is a difference for light web browsing and programming
Pajeet please.

>>58657382
I don't use the USB ports to copy files larger than 1GB in size, so it makes no difference to me. I really only use them for flash drives, a mouse, and sometimes to charge my phone.
>>
>>58657438
Until that day comes, I'm not buying USB C shit. I don't want a million dongles, you faggot.
>>
>>58657466
You are the kind of faggots keeping back progress.
>>
>>58657453
>implying there is a difference for light web browsing and programming
obviously
>>
>>58657452
Modern phones went there already (ironically Apple didn't), most modern laptops have at least one USB C port too. It'll take two more years max.

>>58657466
One dock would be enough already and offer you more ports than any other laptop. It's not like you need that shit on the run.
>>
which cuckbook has the least bad keyboard?
>>
>>58657453
>I don't use the USB ports to copy files larger than 1GB in size, so it makes no difference to me. I really only use them for flash drives, a mouse, and sometimes to charge my phone.
so, you have 2 ports? what's the problem? one port for flash drives and one for charging, I don't even know why would anyone use anything else then a bluetooth mouse with a laptop

also
>copying 1GB files over USB 2.0 vs 3.0
>literary 2 minutes VS 4 sec
>>
>>58657519
2012-2015
>>
>>58657480
Good. USB C is stupid.

>>58657513
>hur dur u shud know
Not an argument.

>>58657519
None. They're all bad.

>>58657533
>I don't even know why would anyone use anything else then a bluetooth mouse with a laptop
Maybe I'm not interested in charging a mouse or fucking around with batteries. I already have 5 other things to charge.

>copying 1GB files over USB 2.0 vs 3.0
>literary 2 minutes VS 4 sec
Takes about 30 seconds to copy a 1GB file. And why do I need something that fast? Things like this make no difference to me in my day to day life.
>>
File: sony102.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sony102.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>58646882
Apple never invented anything.
Picrelated is Sony Vaio from 2003, with ethernet dongle.
>>
>>58657586
>Good. USB C is stupid.
>I like to have shitloads of different cables and connectors
k
>>
>>58657586
>None. They're all bad.
They're all equally bad in the same way?
>>
File: sony3.jpg (5KB, 250x129px) Image search: [Google]
sony3.jpg
5KB, 250x129px
>>58657587
The dongle itself. Sold separately.
>>
>>58646882
>>58646882
>wut is faster instructions?
>wut is better integrated graphics?
>wut is less power consumption?
>wut is lower heat dissipation?
>>
>>58657586
>None. They're all bad.
Source and proof?
>>
>Maybe I'm not interested in charging a mouse or fucking around with batteries.
I get around 8 months with a bluetooth mouse using batteries, daily, if that's a problem for you, Jesus.
>>
>>58657595
I don't mind that as opposed to having a tiny, cheap, flimsy and dangerous piece of trash like USB C. Remember to buy certified cables so you don't fry your shit, you cuck.

>>58657597
Yes.

>>58657614
I'm using one now.

>>58657620
I smell bullshit. Also, learn to reply.
>>
>>58657606
>low heat dissipation
>trying to cool down 5-7W with a flat slab of aluminium makes it throttle down to 300MHz after 15 minutes and burn your laps.
american physics curriculum 101
>>
File: kill_yourself.jpg (86KB, 552x589px) Image search: [Google]
kill_yourself.jpg
86KB, 552x589px
>>58646905
>>
>>58657641
>I'm using one now.
Proof! That you are using it is not proof, your opinions are not proof.
>>
>>58657641
>I smell bullshit. Also, learn to reply.
Seriously?

http://www.toptenreviews.com/computers/peripherals/best-bluetooth-mouse/

Getting 8 months out of a mouse that has "10 months on normal use" is bullshit? I smell autism.
>>
>>58657641
>Yes.
oh so it's something personal, like
>why can't all keyboards be like my first thinkpads! reee
>>
>>58646905
>the sky is blue
The sky is reflecting blue light, so that's what you see as the color of the sky, when in actuality, the sky is every color but blue.
>>
File: 1474259416552.jpg (29KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
1474259416552.jpg
29KB, 480x468px
>>58646905
>>
Volumetrically power:volume it is the best computer in existence to date
>>
>>58657694
See >>58657262
I own a Mac.

>>58657712
I don't give a damn about your bluetooth mouse. Fuck right off, you autist.

>>58657744
I just want a keyboard that isn't shit.
>>
>>58646905

>PCs
Cut this shit out right now. Macs are PCs. Every single Mac ever produced in the history of Apple as a company is and always has been a PC.
>>
>>58657957

The first PC was the Apple][
>>
>>58649284
Nice throttlebook pro, cunt.
>>
>>58657262
if you like thinkpad hackintosh
t430 with nvidia graphics is probably the most supported hackintosh machine i've seen so that's probably a solid choice (also you can get them for cheap and they are bretty damn gooD)
there is even a github repo with everything you need for the specific laptop
>>
>>58658185
>16:9 screen
Haram as fuck.

How does the trackpoint work with hackintosh?
>>
>>58646882

You autists always seem to forget that this spec-light notebook runs OSX out of the box. Literally the most efficient modern operating system to date.

OSX lacks the crippling bloat that Win32fags are accustomed to.

See Android Specfags vs. iPhone master race wars
>>
>>58653625

Looks like MS hired the MBP design team.

Why is shamless copypasta so widely accepted in /g/ ?
>>
>>58657163

lmao nice b8 senpai
>>
>>58658269
Lately iPhones had better hardware actually, specially when it comes to NAND they are light years ahead. Better single core performance too (and most software doesn't really profit much from multi threading sadly)

>>58658305
Everyone gets inspired by everyone, given how they copied all the positive parts it's a win-win for customers.
>>
>>58658210
quirky
you can use it 100% normally if you set the pointer speed to minimum, but that renders the touchpad useless
>>
>>58658321
Well, I guess a combination of both would be too much to ask for.

Being a macfag but wanting a thinkpad for the shits and giggles due their aesthetic feels so conflicting.

Does Continuity even work with Hackintosh?
>>
>>58646905
Actually my chink pad DID fall apart pretty badly after I treated it like I had my old tx2z. That old HP was a tank. Lenovo, not so much. (x230 tablet by the way)
>>
>>58658362
yeah someone did make a "continuity activation tool" that makes it so you can activate it with a bluetooth dongle
that's a downside of hackintosh on laptops, always needing dongles for things
also i should mention the card reader never works for pretty much any laptop (including any thinkpads)
and wifi works for very few laptops that exist because someone has to port the linux drivers unless you're that good then you can do it yourself
generally hackintosh on a laptop is actually probably a bad idea but i do it anyway
>>
File: religious-fanatic.jpg (462KB, 1053x588px) Image search: [Google]
religious-fanatic.jpg
462KB, 1053x588px
>>58646905
I understand how you feel...but I cant help you.
>>
>>58658305
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3-48SE2GqQ
>>
>>58658422
>generally hackintosh on a laptop is actually probably a bad idea
Practically probably but it still sounds tempting from the "why the fuck not" angle.

I only tried it on my old HP laptop once and it was buggy as hell but goddamn, it made the horrible trackpad actually usable somehow.
>>
File: 1470307025607.jpg (141KB, 700x880px) Image search: [Google]
1470307025607.jpg
141KB, 700x880px
>>58658472
>>
if I can't sit on my laptop, i'm not going to buy it.
>>
>>58646905
Best for development maybe. Everyday use and Servers and shit, Linux shits on it.

No. Reliability is one of the main faults.

>Doesn't get viruses unlike that bloated piece of shit Windows
Yes.

- A whole suite of professional level software
Yes.

>Along with the best of GNU utilities
?

>Bundled with the best web browser (Safari) and the best music player (iTunes) that can be found on a computer OS
Neither of those things are close to true.

>High quality aluminum and glass enclosures
It would be if it wasn't 50 degrees.

>High quality display panels
Sure.

>The best warranty on the market
Someone back me up with some images of Apple being assholes about warranty again thx.
>>
File: 1466785503299.jpg (479KB, 800x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1466785503299.jpg
479KB, 800x2160px
>>58659619
>>
File: 1477557064945.jpg (414KB, 1706x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1477557064945.jpg
414KB, 1706x1268px
>>58659654
>>
>>58646905
ThinkPad running gentoo. Now fuck off back to /reddit/
>>
>>58659619
>Everyday use and Servers and shit, Linux shits on it.
Nigga, what? Servers, sure but everyday use? Outside of Yosemite, it was stable as fuck lately and got a much better, consistent UI and doesn't need knowledge of terminal.

Also at least from efficiency POV, Safari is based and iTunes from the aesthetics POV.

>It would be if it wasn't 50 degrees.
What macbook actually reaches that? Even the fanless one maxes out at 44 under max load, which is not comfy but not balls burning either. In normal use outside of stress tests and gayming, they tend to stay cool.

>Someone back me up with some images of Apple being assholes about warranty again
Happens but it happens for all companies. Statistically they are definitely top and a big plus is that they tend to be easy to reach, without the whole mess of sending your shit in and waiting weeks.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/10/are-you-using-the-most-reliable-laptop/index.htm
>>
>>58659715
I thought almost all of their laptops can't handle sustained load, which is hilarious given the fact that they're touted as video editing machines.
>>
>>58659659
Just like the class action lawsuit to replace iPod video batteries that had half the life advertised.
>We'll replace the battery for $400
Kek
>>
>>58659736
>I thought almost all of their laptops can't handle sustained load
Memes, man. Hell, even the meme picture points out that it only throttle under Windows.
>>
>>58657024
I'm not jelly of your CPU no, LMAO
>>
File: thumbs_115.jpg (27KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs_115.jpg
27KB, 500x404px
>>58659772
Personal experience, actually, but yeah yeah muh personal experience sauce plz.
>>
>>58659900
Hey, shit happens with any hardware, wouldn't be too shocked over it. Just pointing out information from reviews.

Which was it, something from Retina times or older?
>>
>>58659920
Just over the years, uni friends with 'Apple Subsidies'
>>
>>58646905
O N T H E P L A N E T
>>
>>58657938
>Fuck right off, you autist.
>get good advice
>tell them to fuck off
you are the autistic cancer
>>
>>58657957
>>58658066
PC-compatible
>>
>>58658148
>this jealous
It does not thermal throttle, asshole.
>>
>>58658185
>t430 with nvidia graphics
And it's STILL a worse computer generally then the 2012 MBP.
>>
>>58658316
it's a fact, try it out sometimes in some computer shop
>>
>>58658719
You will be just cucking yourself.
If you have used a good MBP and go over to a hackintosh laptop, it feels like shit.
>>
>>58659619
>No. Reliability is one of the main faults.
Using my MBP without a case or bag and I carry it around all the time, easily getting 6 hours on battery and haven't had to shut it down in months, don't know what the problem with reliability is.
>>
>>58659619
>It would be if it wasn't 50 degrees.
50C under load at some spots under the laptop seems quite reasonable, looking at thermal reviews of thinkpads and similar shit they show the same. Watching YouTube or a HD movie, browsing the web, the CPU itself won't even go near 50C, yet alone the enclosure.
>>
I feel sorry for those who dont have a mac. Once you go mac you never go back
>>
>>58659736
>I thought almost all of their laptops can't handle sustained load
dunno about the new ones, but my 2012 MBP easily sustains the turbo clock of 3.1GHz for hours without problems, when running the CPU at max load, several virtual machines, etc
>>
>>58659895
>LMAO
you seem jelly
Thread posts: 175
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.