[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling every good goy that bought a 24"+ monitor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Calling every good goy that bought a 24"+ monitor
>>
>>58645747
I use a 70'' 1080p tv as second monitor.
>>
>>58645747
do you know how moving your eyes works anon
>>
>>58645852

>spending more to see less

I'd rather see everything immediately on a cheap small monitor
>>
>>58645953
no you wont see everything immediately cos the monitor and resolution are smaller, so you physically have to scroll/move stuff instead of just looking at it
>>
>>58645965

Everything in my central vision I will see immediately, or at least I'll see more detail in the image than I would on a larger screen

Resolution is not tied to screen size. You can buy a 7" 4K screen and a 70" 1080p screen, not that 4K is distinguishable from 1080p anyway (not until you get to 40"+).
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
I use a 42" LG IPS 60Hz UHD display (Microboard Korean brand). It's changed the way I work. It acts like a real desktop, where I can place my programs and docs and stuff around in it. I don't maximize windows on it, because it's pointless. Nothing scales to that size, so it doesn't matter. The physical size of the screen also means that I don't have to use shitty font scaling or anything either. It's amazing.

Try a 40" UHD display. It'll change the way you work forever.
>>
>>58645747
I couldn't even read the text in that box when the image was full screen on my 13" 768p monitor that was about 1 foot away from my face

I would much rather use a 27" 4k monitor
>>
>>58646017

>It acts like a real desktop, where I can place my programs and docs and stuff around in it

Ever heard of tabs?

At 42 inches, half the screen is outside even your semi-decent peripheral vision, assuming a standard viewing distance (sitting at desk).
>>
>>58646041

I set my resolution to 1366x768 and reduced the image size a further 50%

The text was still legible and anyone can test this

Optimal screen size for typical viewing distance is 21-24", not 13"
>>
File: angles.jpg (760KB, 1920x978px) Image search: [Google]
angles.jpg
760KB, 1920x978px
This is roughly what you'd see on a 27" monitor

The distance between the pupils (red dots) is taken to be 64mm (male average)

The semi-transparent red circles are fovea central vision (5 degrees each eye)

The semi-transparent green circles are macula vision (18 degrees each eye)

Anything beyond macula vision is 2% or less the acuity of the *edge* of fovea central vision, and is therefore poo vision

Note: Circles are used for convenience, only the width and not length is accurate
>>
>>58645747
Stare
nigger
anime
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.