[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lavabit returns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: bg2.png (17KB, 372x206px) Image search: [Google]
bg2.png
17KB, 372x206px
https://reason.com/blog/2017/01/24/lavabit-snowdens-encrypted-email-service
https://lavabit.com/index.html
>>
why would i use this over protonmail?
>>
I wonder if I'm going to remember my old lavabit password or anything else that will be enough info to recover. Wouldn't mind having the account back even if I'm a bit wary to trust it.
>>
>>58644921
for when proton's host has your entire network in their RBL

IT WAS JUST A SCAN YOU PRICKS
>>
>>58644937
care to explain why you think that?
>>
>>58644901
>use an email provider!
>NSA and other government agencies have a secret pact with said company to read your emails
>we promise we will secure your own shit for you!
I just host my own mail, I don't trust anyone but myself
>>
>>58644965
The open source client encrypts your mail with a key that it doesn't share.
>>
>>58644991
lavabit blew it, why would anyone trust them ever again?
>>
>>58645002
Did you reply to my post without reading it, or are you just retarded? You do not need to trust them.
>>
>>58644901
I'm tired of /g/'s shitty gimmicky proof of concept recommendations with an expiry date.
And I'm not only talking about email providers.
>>
>>58645018
>You do not need to trust them.
of course i have to. oss does not instant spawn trust. first, someone has to audit the code and confirm that it's legit and second i have to trust them that they won't fuck around server side.
>>
>>58645002
Original Lavabit did the right thing. This is probably an NSA honeypot.
>>
>>58645056
You don't have to trust the server side, because the client side does not send plaintext mail or your key to the server.
>>
>>58645076
maybe. anyways, i've settled with protonmail and never looked back. to think you can have a mailprovider like this within the graps of the us feds was stupid in the first place.
>>
>>58645136
that's true, but i always have a look at who is running the server and in this instance, it's a company that already worked with the fbi, so no thx.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.