[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Future Of SD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1480599661143.jpg (297KB, 1214x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1480599661143.jpg
297KB, 1214x1500px
When will this ever be a thing /g/?
>>
>>58641199
When your balls finally drop
Saged
>>
128 GB microsd cards are a thing.
>>
>>58641624
>I cant read
>>
we'll have cards but they won't be SD
>>
>>58641199
We'll I remember picture related 10 years ago being mind blowing at the time.

I think we'll easily see into the TBs in the next 10 years but 128 might be pushing it. But if you told me 10 years ago we would have 512gb the size of your finger nail I wouldn't of believed it at all.
>>
>>58641199
I don't believe that speed will be a thing for at least 20 years. The capacity might happen in 10-15.
>>
>>58641745
>But if you told me 10 years ago we would have 512gb the size of your finger nail I wouldn't of believed it at all.
lol they were promising terrabytes worth in such small form factors.
the faggots decided to collude their pricing and milk the fuck out of the customers as they realized dumbfucks will continue to pay $50 for twice the size of last years chips (which started out at like 32mb) so yea, we're waaaay behind on schedule if you ask me.
>>
Absolutely not, SD card specs only goes up to 2TB. After that we have to develop a new spec that probably won't look like an SD card.

Most likely we will develop some kind of optical cards similar to micro SD cards that will store memory as light somehow.
>>
>>58641987
Holographic cards? They actually developed holographic discs but didn't release them because the knew they wouldn't sell.
>>
>>58641199
no, sandisk was bought by western digital
>>
>>58641199

>not xqd
>>
>>58641987
retard
>>
>>58641199
It doesn't matter when it will happen. You still have to convince the camera manufacturers to support it. Knowing them they'll jew you by releasing new cameras in increments where the only major difference is what size sd card they support and a massive price hike.
>>
>>58641199
It can already be a thing.In fact, how about we do 700TB in a space smaller than an SD card.

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/20622/20160410/dna-hard-drives-can-store-up-to-700-terabytes-of-digital-files.htm

ETA is 2040.
>>
>>58642949
Dna drives will require enormous electronic devices to read it. And it will be slow. Veeeery slow.

This will never be a thing (for users), because proteins are so fragile.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.