[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 42239t450.jpg (9KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
42239t450.jpg
9KB, 450x360px
Have AVAYA S8500C
Got from friend

Trying to load Ubuntu on it, but it refuses to load from anything other than the red hat on the hard drive, even if you set it to load from removable memory first like I'm doing

If you take out the HD it refuses to boot
?????
How do I install new OS
>>
>>58640315
You have to unlock it in the BIOS first.
>>
>>58640329
>>58640329
this, but if all else fails, it's linux so you can take out the drive put it in your other puter, and install linux then put it back in the server and it'll boot without issue
>>
>>58640329
>>58640356
Do you have any idea how to unlock BIOs? A bit new to this.
Even if I specify that we need to boot from a different source it demands to boot from the HD

Thanks for the help
>>
>>58640494
Did your friend give you the BIOS unlock key? It's usually about half as long as a normal house key and you use it on the motherboard right underneath the battery to unlock.
>>
>>58640494
>>58640531
also if he didn't give you the key you can chainload from your bootloader (GRUB I'm guessing) to boot off a different device.
>>
>>58640494
It may just be an option that enables you to install a new OS, or change boot order.

If its password protected, you might be able to reset it, or at least guess what it is. admin, pass, stupid shit like that.

most companies dont bother actually putting passwords on the bios.

all else fails, look how to reset it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.