[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC Build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: memeeeee.jpg (41KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
memeeeee.jpg
41KB, 800x800px
Alright, so I got this iBuyPowerPC that normally retails for $850 ish and found it for $449
(link : http://www.frys.com/product/8904323?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG).
Although out of stock, I found a place to get it guaranteed.
The question is that I want to remove Windows 10 and put in Windows 7, plus even replace the GPU with an RX 480.
Thoughts? Pic. Related.
>>
Take out the 1060 and put a 480?
>>
>>58633500
That's a minor concern, mainly focused on the OS atm.
>>
Why would you replace a 1060 with an Rx 480? It might be a little better off average, but no would consider that an upgrade.
Stick with Windows 10. Use one of the debotnet scripts that delete all the telemetry and built in garbage, and then just turn off automatic updates. imo the dx12 benefits are worth it.
>>
>>58633464

OMG, I hope you have another case somewhere.
>>
>>58633545

You cannot disable telemetry on windows 10. Those procedures are all placebos.

Replacing a 1060 with a 480 is a bit unnecessary indeed. Just save that money to buy another GPU later.
>>
Okay, but I've heard anons say that Windows 7 will run worse or bad in general with this build. Why?
>>
>>58633464
I wouldn't bother going to windows 7 from 10, you gain very little if nothing at all. Good PC, hope it serves you well. Just buy an SSD.
>>
inb4 motherboard isn't a Z series
>>
>>58633623

It won't. There's no magic in windows 10 that suddenly makes your hardware faster.

Don't be afraid you'll miss out on DX12, it's not the only API to become relevant in the near future.
>>
>>58633666

>I wouldn't bother going to windows 7 from 10

Nice try Satan. Yes you should. Especially on a new machine that needs to be configured anyways.
>>
i got a similar deal on an ibuypower. came with windows 10, worked great for a month then would have problems with connectivity. reinstalled a few times with same results after random intervals of time, updates on, updates off. installed win7 ultimate and have had no problem. i liked w10, might get another ssd and see if i can get it stable enough
>>
>>58633545

Sounds like OP doesn't like being watched. Gets rid of Windows 10. Gets rid of Nvidia. Now we just need to hope he doesn't end up playing Minecraft and install Java or something.
>>
>>58634027
Ha funny.
I'll just stick to the Nvidia 1060 for now, and finally succumb to W10 when W7 dies completely.
>>58633842
Also ^ is an obvious Windows 10 shill.
>>
>>58634130
When W7 dies, just get W8.1 with Classic Shell. 3 more years with most of the technology of Windows 10 and less of the botnet.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.