[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

IR Receivers with Raspberry Pi and OSMC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: F8111284-01.jpg (66KB, 444x295px) Image search: [Google]
F8111284-01.jpg
66KB, 444x295px
So normally I have my Raspberry Pi hooked up to my LG TV as a multimediacenter running OSMC.
Together with my TSOP7000 433mhz receiver I am able to control my multimediacenter with my Beo4-remote.

The problem occurs when I want to switch from my LG TV to my Projector to run the multimediacenter on a larger screen.

When I switch the HDMI cables the great and fast response from the TSOP7000 stops. When the Raspberry Pi is connected with the Projector through HDMI as screen output, the Beo4 remote isn't able to control the multimediacenter smoothly anymore. Something is going wrong, when I switch the video output.

I have already tried to disable "SIMPLINK" which is LGs name of HDMI CEC - to test if the TSOP actually works, which it does without HDMI CEC enabled.

So I know that the TSOP7000 works smoothly and receives signals from my Beo4-remote when it's connected my LG TV.

Also I can see through the terminal running the command "irw", that the signals from the Beo4 is received when I press the same button multiple times. But not smoothly when I press the buttons once. So I have to be lucky atm if I want to navigate into anything.

Could anyone suggest a solution the my problem?
>>
>>58633199
No one here is able to help?
>>
File: yatse-1.png (111KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
yatse-1.png
111KB, 600x338px
>>58633199
>controlling a mediacenter running OSMC

Why not just use Yatse ?
>>
>>58633447
Hi, I also do have the Kodi App installed, but I would like to be able to control everything from one remote. With my Beo4 I am atm. able to control radio/audio, light and my LG tv. So now I do only need to fix the connection with the Projector..
>>
>>58633199

The only thing it comes to mind its a possible voltage dropout when switching cables, i used to work on A/V installing and connecting projectors and its a common problem with cheap cables.

If the cable its longer than 10mt(30ft) i would use a Redmere cable, another alternative its using a HDMI switch with its own power supply.
>>
>>58633474

Probably some problem with interference ? Magnetic fields caused by the projector ?
>try turning it on without connecting the hdmi, and keep operating with the tv, see if remote still works
Try moving your equipment.
Also, try with a different hdmi cable.
>>
>If the cable its longer than 10mt(30ft) i would use a Redmere cable, another alternative its using a HDMI switch with its own power supply.

This made no difference. Tried with a 1 meter cable.

>Probably some problem with interference ? Magnetic fields caused by the projector ?

The Beo4 remote is able to control the multimediacenter on LG TV while the Projector is running close to the Raspberry Pi.

Any other suggestions?
>>
Are you using the same conf file for both situations?
>>
>>58633751
Yes
>>
>>58633576
>another alternative its using a HDMI switch with its own power supply.

Also I don't think this could be a problem, because the XBMC App is able to control the multimediacenter smoothly, when it's on the projector.
>>
OT:
How is osmc compared to kodi? I mean, is retarded like kodi, that keep ignoring media file that can't index. Can recognize that some samba file don't have to get displayed if the share is not available ?
>>
>>58633760
Have you watched irw's output in both configurations? Is there any difference in behavior?
>>
>>58633812
Yes there is a big difference as I wrote in my topic the buttons gets recognized smoothly in the irw when the raspberry pi is hooked up to the LG TV. When I change the HDMI cable to the Projector the irw just stops working normally. It only reacts when I'm pressing the buttons multiple times.

Actually I think the "interference" was a possibility, but not sure. The Projector is a small Philips PicoPix 4010.

So there is a big difference receiving signals from the Beo4 with the LG TV connected compared to the Projector.
>>
>>58633851
Would you care to describe the difference more eloquently than 'not smooth'?

Can you confirm that you aren't pointing your projector directly at the TSOP7000 chip?
>>
>>58633916
Well it is pretty difficult to describe the way the "irw" reacts.

But yes, the projector ain't point directly at the TSOP7000 chip.

Imagine a remote lagging while you are trying to push a button. When you push it multiple times to make it work it suddenly works and then you have pushed the button 10 times, so the navigation in the multimediacenter is going to move "UP" 10 times instead of 1..
>>
>>58633971
So it NEVER reacts on the first try? Does it ALWAYS react on the 10th?

If its basically random you're blinding the IR decoder with visible light from the projector. Relocate it in the room if you can, or try your luck buying a different chip that might have better visible tolerance.
>>
>>58634043
Never reacts on first try, maybe on 4th.

I don't think the problem is the "visible light from the projector", because while projecting the projector straight away from the chip, still doesn't work..
>>
>>58634078
What happens if the projector is on any displaying but you're still wired up with the TV?
>>
>>58634146
Nothing happens, not even when pointing the projection directly at the chip. The beo4 remote works fine still on the TV.
>>
I can't come up with anything else than light interference. Did you try with the projector hooked up but not lit up? Or with the lens covered?
>>
>>58634314
Yes it doesn't make any difference.

Mystic..
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.