[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ubuntu is the comfiest distro. Choice of desktop environments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (350KB, 828x1403px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
350KB, 828x1403px
Ubuntu is the comfiest distro.

Choice of desktop environments
Best and friendliest community
Regular updates
>>
Can we stop already with the distro threads?
There's no fucking difference between the main distros. Stop with the minimalism meme.
You want to work? choose Ubuntu with whatever DE you want.
You don't have anything useful to do?
Install arch with a wm and try to have the less packages you need to shitpost and jerk off to your degenerate chinese cartoons.
>>
>>58631768
As long as autism exists, you will be stuck in this hell of a reality.
>>
>>58631579
If you think that's good, you should try Windows.
>>
Ubuntu GNOME is comfy. It's like Unity, but good. Only thing is that Anthy and Mozc seem to forget that they're supposed to make Japanese characters, and Firefox somehow disables audio in all other applications if I leave it open for more than a minute or two.
>>
File: 1472356410786.jpg (237KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472356410786.jpg
237KB, 960x960px
>>58631812
>GNOME
>>
>>58631579
you mispelled Gentoo
>using Unity and not KDE Plasma 5 Wayland
>using Xorg and not Wayland
>using SystemD and not OpenRC
have fun with your spyware
>>
>>58631768
/thread
>>
>>58631579
>LTS is supported for 3 years guise!!
>no one builds for them only a year after release

I've been had one too many
>>
>>58631579
too bad all the DEs are utter shit
How did they do it?
>>
>>58631841
>plasma with wayland and openrc
does that even work yet
>>
>amazon
>>
>>58631841
why would you want to use wayland at this point in time?
Is there any redeeming quality it yet?
I see a lot of stuff that is missing, but no advantages.
>>
>>58631994
yes
with elogind and a workaround i found on gentoo's forums, I use it
>>
>>58632045
yes, it's far faster and gets out of the way, speed and I can run literally any piece of software on wayland that can run on X
>>
>>58632045
not to mention it handles rendering, media and everything even faster than Windows, shit a game running with native Wayland and no calls to X runs faster than Windows 10 or macOS, it's quite literally the way to the Linux desktop becoming the next big thing (as long as a company makes a good distro and preloads it on computers along with making it not anything as terrible as most mainstream distros)
>>
>>58632064
>gets out of the way
I thought all applications were isolated to "improve security".
That means it gets in the way.
We loose synergy between applications, input handling and 30 years of work on tools that work really well.

Say you want to attach a secondary touch screen (but the first one is not a touch screen).
Stuff like that at most two commands.
Say you want to fix the idiotic keyboard mapping on your laptop.

And that doesn't even cover copy pasting, dragging objects and stuff like that.

It takes a lot of time to rebuild all this stuff.
>>
>>58631768

Work is best
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.