[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...software engineer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

so freecodecamp and no job after 2500 hours?

I heard there are no jobs for coders and even if you are a software engineer... you have to be better than the indians...
>>
>>58630258
>I heard there are no jobs for coders and even if you are a software engineer
You heard wrong.
>>
WTF is he a Black Chinese????
>>
>>58630384
No, he's just an African with mongoloid facial traits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Ping
>>
>>58630258
If you know the basics, and are willing to work remotely or move to the SF area, there are jobs. Unemployment is under 3%, and places are desperate for people.

I interviewed a developer today who didn't understand how shared libraries work, or what "ldd" does. We're probably going to hire him anyway, since at least he could explain simple loops and case statements.
>>
>>58630408
>I interviewed a developer today who didn't understand how shared libraries work, or what "ldd" does. We're probably going to hire him anyway, since at least he could explain simple loops and case statements.
I sincerely hope this is bait, otherwise I'm going to relocate to apply for a job at some SF company this fucking instant and earn 4 times what I currently earn
>>
>>58630416
I'm not joking. The guy was a "Senior Software Engineer" at his current workplace.

As far as I could tell, his job consisted for searching stackexchange and github for things related to the problem he had to solve, and mashing them together blindly until they worked.

Still, he at least had a hint of understanding what was going on, so we'll probably try to hire him and train him, since he wasn't completely hopeless.
>>
>>58630439
What is the position he's searching for at your place?

I'm almost tempted to ask if you'd be willing to interview me, although I'm currently on the other side of the Atlantic ocean though :/
>>
>>58630469

Software Engineer (not senior) with a focus on database connectivity.

Basically someone who can code a bit, and knows enough SQL that they won't piss off the DBAs by doing massively stupid things.

According to the DBA who interviewed him, he has decent SQL skills; so I guess as long as they are happy, he can be the interface to them on his new team.

You don't want me to interview you. HR keeps trying to get me off the interview panels, but managers keep fighting to get me on them. I have the bad habit of trying to figure out if people can do a job, rather than talking about feelings for the entire time. I guess that offends some candidates.
>>
>>58630536
I don't know SQL, but I know a lot of other languages and can program. You willing to interview? IDC dude I just want a job.
>>
>>58630590
I'm not a "hiring manager" so I don't get to pick who gets interviewed.

I suggest making sure your LinkedIn and JobVite accounts are up to date, and mention that you are looking for work in the SF bay area. The thundering horde of recruiters should discover you quickly.

It seems like everyone I see has come through one of those two sites.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.