[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hackintosh shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 9

File: hackintosh.jpg (415KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
hackintosh.jpg
415KB, 3000x1688px
Anyone else have macOS installed on a separate partition on a PC? It's nice, I use it when I want to just sit back and browse the internet and play a casual game like Minecraft

It's funny to see just how triggered macfags get by these, pouting and reporting you to apple, are they just mad that you did what cost them $2000 to get while you did the same on generic intel trash?
>>
switching to x86 was a mistake
>>
>>58620698
compatibility and performance greatly improved
>>
>>58620654
never bothered, it's not that different from windows
>>
>>58620734
why do all hackintosh people gay?
>>
>>58620757
>not that different from windows
nigger do you even OS?
>>
I do, but as main OS.

Well, as the only OS currently. It's really functional and it does most of what I want. Most. I still have a few problems I never have on Windows, and to be fairly honest it always feels like the OS isn't using the hardware the right way. It feels sluggish at times, not with any slowdowns, but I wouldn't know how to put it.

But yeah this OS is really, really convenient. I can see why rich faggots use it.

Now, due to circumstances I will switch back to windows, maybe dual boot, although I'm not a fan of the practice to be completely fair. Even less considering the NTFS/HFS support on each. Linux+Windows is less of a headache I guess.
>>
>>58620773
i mean from a consumer view
>>
>>58620654
>not using windows xp kek
>>
>>58620654
Aren't hackintosh unstable as hell?

I tried it back in 2009 and it would crash constantly.
>>
>>58620819
>Aren't hackintosh unstable as hell?
Nope.
>>
>>58620819
>2009

Here is your problem. We are in 2017 grandpa.
>>
>>58620654
>launchd
no thanks
>>
>>58620779
Of course it isn't using the hardware properly because macOS doesn't actually support it.

Just buy a mac next time. Hackintosh is explicitly a temporary solution for poorfags until they can afford the real deal. Otherwise you're stuck with an OS that is broken as fuck, and needs extreme maintenance every so often (unless you don't update anything ever AND are using the exact build hackintosh forums suggest).

Hackintosh is even more of a NEET OS than any mainstream linux distro because that shit needs a lot of attention and care.
>>
>>58620819
That's the thing. In 2009 it was a terrible thing. I couldn't get sound to work and even a chinese distro would run better.

Today though it's like the real thing, I don't have any issues besides not being able to use my line in jack for some fucking reason. Not a terrible loss.
>>
>>58620819
I find that sleep (as in S3 suspend) makes it unstable, and when I update I have to make sure there's an update for the nvidia driver too. Other than that, it's pretty good. I'm using it as my main OS and doing commercial iOS dev. Still, if you need 100% fire and forget, get real hardware.
>>
>>58620883
it literally just werks, idk what you're talking about
>>
>>58620654
been using a real Mac since 2008

but since macs nowadays are fucking shit, i might go the hackintosh way when this mac dies
>>
>>58620883
I have had used Sierra for a while now and updated it. I don't see the maintenance. I just literally don't see it, I have spent maybe 3 months now and I don't remember the last time I was changing something.

You seem to think this is like Arch or some shit. You won't have many problems as long as you don't update to a major release (like El cap > Sierra) and that doesn't exactly happen every 2 months.
>>
>>58620948
Currently on elcap, I'm going to reinstall for Sierra. When I installed the recommendation was to use Clover and manually change settings with Clover Configurator/install some kexts. Is that still the correct general approach?
>>
>>58620819
>I tried it back in 2009 and it would crash constantly.
Man, I ran a OS X on a ThinkPad back in 2007, worked fine if you knew what you where doing and had the proper hardware.
>>
>>58620909
I think my 2014 15" i7 MBP will last me for years. After that, if Apple is still doing fucked up shit, I just abandon it.
>>
>>58620948
As I said, you won't see much maintenance if you're using recommended specs. So post yours.
>>
I've been using a Hackintosh as my daily driver for at least 3 years. Very stable even using Clover without UEFI, I get more crashes on my work laptop (2015 rMBP) than I do on this installation.
>>
>>58620883
Nope, it just works.
>>
>>58620969
The least headless inducing way of installing OSX is to use Unibeast, despite what InsanelyFags might tell you.
>>
>>58620654
>It's funny to see just how triggered macfags get by these, pouting and reporting you to apple, are they just mad that you did what cost them $2000 to get while you did the same on generic intel trash?

Desktop Macs suck and Hacintoshes are not worth it. Seriously, a used i7 MBP (with actual ports) is just a few hundred bucks, what's the problem?

macOS is an amazing OS, only on a portable Mac though.
>>
>>58620654
Nice optical disk drive lmao
>the year of our lord two thousand and seventeen
>>
>>58620654
too bad they'll be obsolete with the release of APFS in 10.13
>>
>>58621001
Using an i5 4460, 280x, 16gb of RAM. The motherboard is a MSI H81M-E33.
>>
>>58621043
Why would that make them obsolete? No seriously , go ahead.
>>
>$175 thinkpad performs just as well as a $400 MBP
>>
>>58620654
Why would anyone get triggered that you claim you are a poorfag? People with actual Macs are just happy for themselves because it's a far better experience.

>t. Mac and hackintosh user since 2006
>>
>>58621062
>El Capitan
>shit trackpad
>"just as well"
>>
>>58621027
It looks like that approach now uses Clover, right? If so I'll go with that. I do want a uefi bootloader.
>>
>>58621062
What shit is this? The MBP I'm using right now only cost me 240€ and looks and works perfectly.

Also
>no trackpad
>>
>>58621097
yep

You can choose between legacy or UEFI
>>
File: imokay.png (340KB, 800x675px) Image search: [Google]
imokay.png
340KB, 800x675px
>>58620819
of course they're unstable as hell. I guarantee you all these poorfags scour the tonymac forums, sweating and hoping nothing broke whenever there is a point update.

there just obsessed with how good macOS is that they continue running their unstable shitboxes while not even experiencing the tight integration of iCloud. stick to linux poorfags
>>
File: tajzxz.jpg (3MB, 4160x3088px) Image search: [Google]
tajzxz.jpg
3MB, 4160x3088px
When 8k monitors become affordable I'm going to build one. How hard was it to get everything working?
>>
>>58621118
I agree, Macs aren't that costly, a good MBP ain't much more than a ThinkPad.

>not even experiencing the tight integration of iCloud.
I have iCloud disabled tough, don't have any other Apple products, kinda useless.
>>
>>58621101
>MBP 2012 for 240€

Where

Even 2009 models cost twice that everywhere I looked.
>>
>>58621131
It's not "hard" you fucking dipshit, seriously going to ask such a noob question here?

It's just pointless.
>>
>>58621118
Nope. Only thing that has issues is sleep, which I never use. Even on my MBP i rarely use sleep since I don't pay for power here. Literally the only thing. I just set it to display my screensaver after 3 hours.

MPB + Hackintosh user here
It's the master race
>>
>>58621142
>Where
Bother to look properly next time? Seriously people.

>Even 2009 models cost twice that everywhere I looked.
Topkek, I literary have a 2009 13" with 8GB of RAM for sale at 200€.
>>
File: 00101what.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
00101what.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>58621149
>It's not "hard" you fucking dipshit
It's harder than just having MacOS working out of the box. The last time I tried to install OS X a normal computer it never even booted into the installer, despite the hardware apparently being fully supported according to other people (A ThinkPad).

I don't trust when people say things work. According to /g/, PCSX2 is "perfect", even though it's buggy as fuck on most games.
>>
>>58621087
>thinking Shiterra is any better
>implying i use the trackpad

>>58621101
Similarly specced (8Gb RAM, 250 GB SSD)
13 2011 macbook pros go for $300-500
15 2011 macbook pros go for $300-800
on eBay.
>>
>>58621175
Sierra is better than El Cap, subhuman. If you ever used a MBP trackpad, you'd realize are cucked you are hackintoshing on a faggotpad. At least you saved $10, right? Kek, subhuman retard.
>>
>>58621175
>thinking Shiterra is any better
Sierra fixed all the issues of El Cap, you do know that El Cap even had a hard time getting the UNIX certification and Apple fucked up RAID on it? It's buggy as hell.

>implying i use the trackpad
Obviously you are not, you don't have a proper trackpad.
>>
>>58621174
how long ago did you try it?
>>
>>58621198
I got my first Mac in 2014, so probably 2013.
>>
>>58621175
You didn't even bother doing the MBP trackpad replacement for your ThinkShit?
>>
>>58621203
yeah, you probably weren't using clover. it makes everything super easy
>>
File: 8 magnitude kek.jpg (88KB, 571x542px) Image search: [Google]
8 magnitude kek.jpg
88KB, 571x542px
>>58621175
>comparing a chinkpad to a MBP
>>
>>58621174
Obviously it's not compatible, buggy and useless. Ruining the whole point of macOS. But it's not hard, just a few hours of work.
>>
Mac shit really excels from a build quality/aesthetic perspective. I'm not the biggest fan of all the other stuff, the OS, the pricing, itunes, etc.

Eventhough the Macbook Air is an often duplicated never replicated meme now its still my favorite laptop design.
>>
I sort of have a Hackintosh. It's a Mac Pro that has been upgraded far beyond Apple's original intentions.

Mac Pro 4,1 flashed to 5,1
2 x 3.46ghz 6 core
32gb ddr3
512gb pcie ssd
gtx 970
bluetooth 4.0
3tb hgst hdd for time machine
28in 4k dell monitor

The flash lets you use newer processor architecture. The computer itself was going to be recycled. I brought it home and invested about 1k into it. It benchmarks the same as a base spec latest gen Mac Pro or slightly higher than a current gen 5k iMac (which is what I had before).

The only annoying thing is you have to wait for nvidia to release web drivers when there's a system update, so I usually have to wait a week to update to whatever the latest OSX iteration. Otherwise it's a nice computer.
>>
>>58621219
I was using clover. I also tried unibeast or something. I also saw guides where I had to download firmware files to load up or something, though I never got to the point where I would have actually done that. It seemed like a hassle back then.

>>58621224
I had a T510. Various forum posts, /g/ retards and even wiki articles said it should have ran OS X natively with DSDT patches or whatever.
>>
>>58621224
Mine is compatible and without bugs. It's great. The funny thing is that I built this desktop without even the slightest intention of hackintoshing, but trying to program in windows after being used to NIX tools thanks to my MBP was painful, so I decided to give it a shot. And lo and behold, everything except sleep works. Shit's insane
>>
>>58621175
>Similarly specced (8Gb RAM, 250 GB SSD)
I just got a MBP 2012 13", stock specs, threw in 8GB of RAM from my parts drawer and two 240GB SSDs in RAID0.

Why the fuck would you look on eBay? People jew out on there all the time, don't you have any local pages? Apple retards buy new Macs all the time and stash their old ones away, they are in great condition and people sell them for real cheap if you bother actually looking for one.
>>
>>58621225
macOS is great, far better for everyday tasks and home workstation use than Windows or Linux. The only time I use Windows is for "muh gaymes".
>>
>>58621210
I have never seen that, only heard people talking about it on here and i cannot find one post about it using google.

>>58621250
I live in the middle of nowhere. It is truly the land of walmart laptops.
>>
>>58621286
>I have never seen that, only heard people talking about it on here and i cannot find one post about it using google.

Because it's not that hard.

It's a stupid idea anyways, you can get a far better specced MBP than a T420 or X220 for almost the same price, if you're really going to cry over a hundred bucks over a item you want to work and be reliable, then sure, keep Hackintoshing, it's as retarded as ricefags who don't actually use their computers.
>>
>>58621174
This entirely. People on /g/ claim things work without ever fucking realizing when shit goes wrong.
Fuck, most Windows users wouldn't even notice windows explorer STILL has a bug where black boxes appear under the title bar when moving the window around.
>>
>>58621331
>Because it's not that hard.
Then why has NOBODY blogged about it?
>>
>>58621339
Obviously they can't compare it to the real thing if they have never had the real thing.
You can say fucking a guys asslhole is the best thing ever if you never actually fucked a womans pussy.
>>
>>58621365
>Then why has NOBODY blogged about it?
Because it's literally just solder on USB leads and remove old trackpad and solder on new one
>>
>>58621386
It is for the old shit ones from the non unibodys. The unibody MBP ones have the controller on the logic board itself.
>>
>>58621484
>It is for the old shit ones from the non unibodys. The unibody MBP ones have the controller on the logic board itself.

2009-2010 Unibodies had glass multitouch trackpads, same ones used until the MBP that got force touch.

The older MBPs still have the touchpad controller on the touchpad, it merges with the keyboard controllers USB controller.
>>
>>58620654
no, I got a mac
>>
Topkek, where did "muh desktop thread" go?
Wooooops!
>>
>>58620819
>Aren't hackintosh unstable as hell?
>I tried it back in 2009 and it would crash constantly.
kek. they're rock solid. even imessage works.

get one of the mobo's that has been tested & approved by ppl on Tonyx86 site and you're good to go.

Even bluetooth works (something I can't get working under Linux).
>>
>>58621595
No thanks, I'll stick with MBPs
>>
>>58621595
>lying on the internet
why tho
>>
>>58621631
To help him sleep at night for being a idiot.
>>
>>58621631
she's not though, everything literally just works
>>
I have a OC'd haswell based hack with a 970. I built it to make music because DAWs tend to be far more stable with "questionable" software than windows. OSX really excels in audio production, they have a ton of exclusive software that is top tier stuff because of apples deal with logic.

I haven't had any problems whatsoever, ive actually had more problems with windows than my hack. Sleep state works great, rock solid stable, working bluetooth, I use carbon copy to create a bootable backup of my system drive for when I make changes. If something really goes to shit I can rebuild the entire machine from scratch in an hour using an internal drive with time machine. The only thing that was difficult was generating a patch for the power states for an overclocked CPU because it only allows a max clock multiplier of 42 instead of 45 like i needed with my 4.5ghz hack.

The thing benches better than a 5 thousand dollar iMac, I don't game anymore so who gives a shit about MAH FPS but it does get decent FPS in games but nowhere near windows levels. Anyone who isn't hackintosh masterrace and says its shit is trying to justify the fact they are too lazy to make it work properly.
>>
>>58621663
why continue lying tho
pls seek mental help
>>
>>58621664
>Sleep state works great,
>he's still lying in 2017
grow up man
>>
>>58621231
I wanted to go this route but fuckers caught wind that those Mac Pros can be upgraded with best in socket CPUs, SSDs and Ram and now they sell for like $1000 bucks minimum. I tried to scope a deal on craigslist but pajeets on there are constantly posting wanted ads to pay like 700 bucks for them. I am keeping my eye out for one thats going to the garbage but ill never find one.
>>
I have a hackintosh x220 and the only problem is the shit IPS screen. I'm gonna buy a 2016 mbp (no meme touchbar) and just put linux on my x220 mounted to a dock with a 4K monitor
>>
>>58621693
Keep justifying your inferior pleb tier OS wincuck.
>>
kek
it just doesn't fucking work.
i tried for over a week with absolutely no success because macOS hates my motherboard's USB ports.
>>
>>58621631
what am I lying about exactly?

there's literally thousands of videos on YT showing you how easy it is to build a hackintosh.

you can even build a small hackintosh of the slightly larger than Mac mini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRX-6rWkuzk

here's a vid comparing performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ZJWPi_CBc

I run a Hackintosh because I make apps for App Store. That;s my primary source of income now.
>>
> Can't even install Mac OS in a virtual machine because ayymd
> I need to use Xcode this semester
End my fucking life familia
>>
>>58621693
Funny thing is my windows sleep state never worked because I installed a multi monitor manager and the thing fucking broke sleep state and even after uninstalling I couldn't get sleep states back. I had to reformat just to sleep my computer again.

Wincucks on suicide watch.
>>
If I was to hackintosh my desktop PC, would it just werk like my macbook pro?
>>
>>58621773
Most likely, desktops usually have less issues than laptops for that specific purpose.
>>
>>58621773
It will work just like it aside from some minor bullshit that is gimmicky as fuck like airdrop, imessage and handoff. They can be made to work, imessage is pretty simple fix if you spend the time. airdrop and handoff needs 40 dollar official wifi card adapter combo to work perfectly. I never bothered since I will just take my phone calls on my phone, not my desktop.
>>
Ever since I switched to hackintosh, I have more tools, less time, less patience and I'm a bit lazier.

I'm not sure.
>>
>>58621131
is that a 21.5" or a 27" model?
>>
>>58621773
It would. However, it depends on your hardware if it works at all. There are a lot of hardware guides online. Just check one out of you're interested. If anything causes problems, it's most likely the GPU. I couldn't get OSX to run on my Radeon 6870 for example (Yes, I'm a poorfag. Bought it 6 years ago and still use it). Also, don't use an AMD CPU.
>>
>>58621932
got an i7 4790k and no gpu
>>
>>58621932
honestly if your using and AMD CPU you shouldn't be on this board
>>
>>58621925
Has to be a 27. The keyboard would be way wider than the 21.5
>>
>>58621768
Install an older version of macOS with a AMD patched kernel? Do you need the latest and greatest Xcode?
>>
>>58621773
You have a MBP, what's the need for a desktop "mac"?
>>
>>58621910
How does that work out?
>>
>>58621947
>/g/ is full of faggots trying to get most out of the least money, like THIS thread or /tpg/
>DON'T USE AMDDDDD REEEE
>>
>>58622217
I quite like macOS, have nothing in particular that I *need* to use windows for

Would only go for a hackintosh if it's stable and just werks though, can't be arsed with having to spend time fixing obsurce issues with my machine anymore
>>
>>58622234
Like I said, I'm not sure.

I have less of a drive to do actual work and it's killing me. Because I do have the tools.
>>
>>58622238
If Windows just werks fine too, then why bother? Obviously it won't be as stable as a good Windows installation is, if you don't really have a particular program you need to use macOS for, then what's the point? You already have a MBP anyways if the need arises.
>>
>>58622252
>then why bother
having same OS on both machines would be kinda nice i guess but it's not a huge deal

i'll probably stick with windows, might add a dual boot or something though
>>
>>58622238
Even if you buy 'recommended' hardware from various hackintosh forums, you'll still be putting in some effort setting things up and ensuring there are no problems. Afterwards, it's relative smooth sailing. However, when problems arise, it's tricky because you have to debate whether it's something to do with the actual website/app/etc. or if your hardware is just fucking with shit.
If comparing to a windows installation, it will never be that stable. Granted, Windows 10 has made things oddly not that stable.

>>58622247
Oh, so kind of like a depression situation? Where you have everything you need to get what you want, but you don't actually do it for internal reasons. I was thinking somehow the mac platform was causing you to be less productive.
>>
>>58622270
>might add a dual boot or something though
Good idea.
>>
>>58620654
Does FileVault work with hackintoshes?
>>
>>58622281
I've got an i7 4790k with no GPU (i don't play games), seems like it should be fine with my few minutes of research
>>
>>58620855
You have to be 18 to use this website.
>>
>>58622293
Lmfao no, that and lock your mac remotely are actually really dangerous. As brick your install and reinstall dangerous.
>>
>>58622363
Figures. I run macOS on a mac, I was just curious.
>>
Dual booting is my shit

Last month I was both dual booting hackintosh and windows, and using that installation of windows on parallels. It was nuts. I'm not doing it anymore though, because I got a legit windows license and virtual machines are penises.
>>
>>58622381
Filevault is actually really good on a legit Mac from a security perspective because if you put a BIOS lock on the most recent MacBooks it's next to impossible to get access to do anything worthwhile to the machine.
>>
are there any working vm images? i remember it used to be simple af.
>>
>>58620819
El Capitan was the most stable OS I ever used on my PC. And I used Debian Jessie for some time.

I always used to link OS X's stability due to the fact that it was only released for limited hardware, but it works so well.

I only stopped using it as my main OS because the NTFS support is bad.
>>
>>58622466
You could always grab tuxera from a questionable place
>>
>>58622433
Macs don't have BIOS
>>
>>58622433
Thinking about turning it on on both my mbp and on my android phone.

Researching the respective platforms performance penalties and other drawbacks atm.

Is there any drawbacks of locking the BIOS on macbooks? I understand that it will make any stolen macbook useless since it can't even be wiped.
>>
this is the year of hackintosh desktop
>>
>>58622460
>what is tpb

>>58622466
El Capitan is actual real shit, Yosemite or Sierra are way better.

>I only stopped using it as my main OS because the NTFS support is bad.
Even if you don't want to use cracked software, you can get buffered R/W working with NTFS great, even with just brew. You don't seem to be that savvy with it in the first place if you didn't know that.
>>
>>58622519
>>58622433
>tech board
>people are talking about BIOSes on Macs
kek
>>
>>58622560

I'm
>>58622519

and I had to stop for a sec to think what it was called on macOS, forgot for a sec so I went with BIOS.

It's EFI, isn't it?
>>
>>58620654
I all honesty, hackintosh is the best thing I've done to my PC after SSD. macOS is really convenient and functional, doesn't break at all, supports all the software I need, and I'm so very surprised it just works despite being "hacked" onto supposedly unsupported hardware. TRIM works, CPU power management works, GPU drivers work, even my PS/2 keyboard works.

iTunes and Photos are actually really damn useful to me as I have an iPhone.
Built-in software from Notes and Calendar to Disk Utility and Dictionary feels polished and very well thought through.
Mission Control, Dock, Finder Spotlight and Launchpad are a great combo.
3rd party stuff like Spectacle, iTerm2, homebrew (>inb4 chocolatey) and some other utilities are something I never had the pleasure to experience on Windows.

It's a good middle ground until I can really afford a not-so-outdated Mac. I'm glad I tried it out, there's no way I'm going back to Windows. And while I use Linux at work all the time, it's not something I'd like to use on my personal machine.
>>
>>58622503
UEFI whatever, EFI, same fucking shit you sperg
>>
>>58622541
>tfw hackintosh is gaining more popularity than linux in the desktop space

linuxfags on suicide watch
>>
>>58620654
I dual boot with os sierra and win10 enterprise
Ask me anything
>>
I use Yosemite as my daily driver on my thinkpad
>>
>>58622609
It's EFI.
>>
>>58623400
>UEFI whatever, EFI, same fucking shit you sperg
nope
>>
>>58620654
what's a cheapo laptop I can hackintosh?
Main usage would be just casual stuff like pages, and maybe a bit of logic/ableton on the go. Also DJing
>>
>>58623597
Hackintoshing a portable computer is just plain stupid, loosing all the idea of macOS on a laptop, specially if good MBPs are so cheap these days.
>>
>>58623631
>mbp
>cheap
You either got the choice of the 2016 model which is super expensive for no real spec update
Or you can chose from a macbook with shitty core m processors and 1 usb c connector, a mbp which is great but has a terribly outdated screen or a used 2015 13 inch model.
All of those run you about 1k, which isn't cheap for normal fags
So any cheapo hackintoshable laptops?
>>
>>58623627
if you want to get the full experience that makes it so good on laptops, then buy a MBP
>>
>>58620654
>install macOS in computer
>feel void inside because my rig doesn't cost $3000 and is nowhere near as powerful as a genuine Mac Proâ„¢ designed by Appleâ„¢ in Californiaâ„¢
>>
>>58623677
see
>>58621101
so something like a i7 with retina and actual ports, which is about half the price you said, is crap?
>>
>>58623572
Why?
>>
>Build hackintosh
>Use hackintosh for months
>Have to use Windows for some shit
>Accustomed to better font rendering, now Windows looks like a substantial upgrade

Ah. Fuck my eyes.
>>
>>58623775
>>Accustomed to better font rendering, now Windows looks like a substantial upgrade
>Ah. Fuck my eyes.
wyd
>>
>>58623749
one for work and general use, the other for occasional cs go with friends
Also Rhino3d works better with winblows
>>
>>58623797
Do you find the hack side particularly stable for work use? I mean I know it can do general stuff like web browsing easy regardless of hardware, but I'd also want to do my graphic design stuff also on the hack side rather than rebooting constantly.
>>
>>58623871
what wouldn't be stable? As long as you own Adobe CC ( CS6 has problems with sierra) it's smooth sailing. The only thing you might have trouble with after installing updates is the onboard sound. Since I hook my pc up to an audio interface anyway I don't have that problem
>>
>>58623893
Guess I'll be getting CC in that case. Thanks.
>>
>>58623871
>>58623893
forgot: my hacki is more stable than windows but that being said there are some weird quirks.
For instance occasionally after putting my pc into sleep mode it needs to restart although it should actually be in a sleeps state. Now I'm not sure if that's hackintosh related or just cause my mobo is acting all weird n shit. Might have to ask reddit about that actually
Apart from that there's really nothing serious.
>>
I'll revisit Hackintosh when it supports my manly GTX 1070
>>
>>58623893
>CS6 has problems with sierra
What? I have been using CS6 after updating to Sierra, what problems does it have? I haven't encountered any.
>>
>>58623893
Every build is different, saying that he might have trouble with sound is misleading, might be something completely different depending on hes configuration, he might have sound out of the box but something else broken.

Stop telling people shit.
>>
>>58624018
It supports 1080, why wouldn't it support 1070?
>>
>>58623913
I also have weird sleep issues with hackintosh, including random restarts when or shortly after I resume from sleep. My solution is to just leave it on; it's quiet enough that it doesn't bother me and my system is quite power efficient.

I have a Gigabyte GA-H81M, which is not on the recommended parts lists but, being a Gigabyte haswell board, worked well overall and hasn't given me issues except for sleep mode.
>>
>>58624269
I don't think there are any Pascal drivers yet. Source for 1080 support?
>>
I'm building a tiny office/home PC and I thought of using Hackintosh. But I play a lot of old games and emulators and I'm not sure if they can work on mac OS. I really didn't want to resort to bootcamp just to play Pes 6
>>
>>58624405
I can answer the emulators question: PCSX2 does not work at all, Dolphin works fine but is probably better off on Windows due to iffy performance from OSX's OpenGL drivers, and anything earlier than that is perfect.
>>
>>58624454
>iffy performance from OSX's OpenGL drivers
macOS OpenGL support has always been better than any other platform, what are you talking about? It also has always higher OGL version support for the same hardware.
>>
>>58624405
>>58624454
2012 MBP, Sierra, PCSX2 and Dolphin both work fine, as in, maximum performance a title can get. Are you running an hackintosh?
>>
>>58624454
well I'm going to have integrated graphics so PS2 emulation was never in question anyway and I've never even played those consoles in my life. I just found out that everything I want works in terms of emulation, but when you say that Dolphin has iffy performance you mean on Wii games, right? N64 and Gamecube work fine?
>>
>>58624405
Just for reference, I do use hackintosh and a 280x, I love emulation and all, but the only thing worth using there is RetroArch. OpenEmu would have been nice but it actually does this nasty frame skipping and stuttering at times, even with genesis games.
>>
>>58624522
The best gamecube game (that is, TTYD) has graphical issues on it. Speed is fine though, but yeah, pretty useless when x-nauts are invisible.
>>
>>58624503
>>58624519
obiously they will work great on real hardware, opengl on actual mac hardware will surely be better than any other system using the same GPU, but we are talking about hackintoshes, iffy graphics drivers, mods, etc, just to get it running, obviously graphics won't be perfect
>>
>>58624454
whats your config? using a integrated gpu and I use both emulators, working excelent
>>
>>58624503
I'll admit I'm quite ignorant of the historical situation, but as of right now only GL 4.1 is fully supported. Applications like Dolphin take advantage of a lot of recent extensions so the lack of those features really hurts those apps.

>>58624519
I found that performance in Dolphin was kinda-sorta-okay-mostly on OSX (fullspeed mostly but dips and stutters) and rock solid under Windows on the same system.

As for PCSX2, isn't it WINE-only right now due to the x86_64 situation?

>>58624522
Dolphin isn't normally used for N64 games. I was referring to both GC and Wii games, which usually require similar amounts of power to emulate.

I suggest giving it a try anyway because apparently other anons have had better success than me.

>>58624591
Okay, maybe I should give it another try. I got used to just rebooting to Windows for games, including Dolphin.
>>
>>58624612
>As for PCSX2, isn't it WINE-only right now due to the x86_64 situation?
>I can't compile my own shit
case closed, nevermind, obviously your not the person to talk
>>
>>58624671
Very happy to build things if I need to. My impression was that modern OSX cannot run 32-bit native (darwin) binaries anymore. If this is incorrect, and it's just a linking/distribution issue, I will investigate. Can you confirm?
>>
>>58624714
>My impression was that modern OSX cannot run 32-bit native (darwin) binaries anymore.
Where did you hear something THIS stupid?
>>
>>58624400
No pascal support. The guys in the hack community think that it will come when the 1080ti drops.

Its going to be interesting what happens to the hack community now that eGPUs are becoming a thing. The biggest hurdle to hackintoshes is always GPU support since apple uses fucked up bastardized AMD GPUs that are wildly different from their PC counterparts.

Too bad Apple fucked over the mac mini because a nice i7 mac mini with a eGPU would be the ultimate official desktop mac outside of wasteful iMacs and 4 year old Mac Pros.
>>
>>58624762
late 2014 mac mini middle and top models with iris graphics can do some gaming
and how are iMacs wasteful?
>>
>>58624959
I need multi monitor support for PLP monitors, so basically alot of mac options don't work because they are limited to 2 monitors max(onboard+1 thunderbolt to display adapter)

eGPU fixes this issue entirely since most modern cards have 3-5 outputs.

iMacs are a huge waste because im stuck with that monitor forever because my computer is encased behind it, plus its has terrible thermals so its going to annoy me when its running real loads. Its just dreadfully limiting for power users compared to a standalone tower.
>>
>>58625109
Use a Thunderbolt GPU?
>>
>>58625158
one day when im not a poorfag, until then i have to live by the mercy of OS updates and hack community with my haswell+maxwell hack.

In an ideal world id have rackmount i7 mac mini with a fanless eGPU for my music production PC so i don't have to worry about everything going to shit in an OS upgrade.
>>
>>58620654
I used to have one, just for some fun. Was pretty chill and I really like the OS. I ended up moving back to Windows to play video games, though.
>>
>>58625895
Same, I have a MBP and use my desktop for gaymes.
>>
>>58625895
Why didn't you just dualboot?
>>
>>58626056
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>58626105
Why? If Windows works fine and you don't need anything from macOS specially?
>>
>>58625895
>choosing an OS based on manchild timesink pursuit
kys
>>
>>58627330
>hurrr, anybody wasting time playing gaymes is an idiot
>like life itself isn't a big game and it does not even matter what you do, specially if you enjoy wasting time with games
>>
Its been a while.
In 2015 I built my first PC and installed Yosmite Zone on a spare HDD a few months after the build. Kept it for a month but hardly used it so I switched to Ubuntu on the spare disk.

Fast forward to last month and I tried again. Same OS X version and hardware and couldn't get the thing to boot after installation. Don't think i'll go back anytime soon.
>>
macOS supports so few GPUs now, the hardware choices are limited.

You pretty much are stuck with 900-series GeForces (which are disappearing from store shelves) because no drivers for 1000 series or R9 290/290X, R9 300s, or RX 400s.
>>
Hackintoshing isn't worth it. Any update can just suddenly break your system, and even when you get it working it's very unlikely that everything works perfectly.

Just get a mid-2012 macbook pro. I have a 13" one, they were in production until late 2016 and can be had pretty cheap, have ethernet, can take two drives, have the amazing trackpad... and just werk.
>>
>>58624269
>>>58624018 (You)
>It supports 1080, why wouldn't it support 1070?
Umm no it doesn't
>>
>>58627452
keep justifying the fact you are settling for mediocrity and become nihilistic as a defence mechanism like an intellectually impoverished subhuman.

maybe if you put in real effort, life wouldnt feel like a game that you are always losing
>>
I want to make one but I don't have a desktop of any kind and planned to build a kaby-lake with a 1060 6gb, neither of which are supported. As it seems, the 1060's may never be supported.
>>
>>58627650
why would you even update? macOS hasn't added a substantial feature in ages.

I don't update my hack because it would break all my cracked music making software. hell, music producers don't even update their legit macs for this reason
>>
>>58627705
I already have a great job, great family, girlfriend, several cars and a great home. I'm happy with my life and how I spend my free time.
>>
>>58627725
For security updates.
>>
Just hackintosh a thinkpad.

My thinkpad runs Win 8.1 Pro/Linux Mint/macOS Sierra 10.12.2
>>
>>58621035
>Seriously, a used i7 MBP (with actual ports) is just a few hundred bucks, what's the problem?
That the MBP is a gutless wonder and useless when you need to do anything more serious than spew out javashit into a text editor?
>>
>>58627838
You use desktops for that.
>>
>>58627838
Specs wise those machines are no better or worse then any other non-gamer laptops.
>>
If I took the hard drive out of my 2010 MBP and just used it in a hackintosh build and made it the boot drive, what effect would that have?
>>
It could be possible if you could use clover on a USB drive with the proper kexts loaded the first time but there are so many variables that need to be in order to get the thing to boot right.

You are better off to load it up on a new drive and then use the migration assistant to migrate the data from the macbook to the hack after the fact.

Fun fact, migration assistant and time machine work flawlessly on hackintosh
>tfw baked in backup software just werks and windows needs 3rd party software.
>>
>>58620654
>It's funny to see just how triggered macfags get by these, pouting and reporting you to apple,
You have a vivid imagination.
How often do you imagine you have been reported to Apple?
What makes you think that Apple cares about what you run OSX on? They aren't Microsoft, you know.
>>
My ex girlfriend from 6 years ago can't let me go and I wanna fuck with her for cheating on me on every chance she got and she tried to contact me 7 times during these years including yesterday :)
>>
>>58620654
I hackintoshed my desktop and I dualboot with Ubuntu. comfy as fuck desu
>>
>>58621707
I got one im selling on ebay right now actually. The 2010 model with the dual cpus
>>
>>58629287
enjoy your winfall
>>
>>58621168
Link?
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.