[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Google Maps >Apple maps Which is better and why ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: lost-man-opinionatedmale-com.jpg (44KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
lost-man-opinionatedmale-com.jpg
44KB, 640x425px
>Google Maps
>Apple maps

Which is better and why ?
>>
Here wego (formely known as nokia here).
Best offline maps there are. And i only need gps when going abroad, where i don't have data.
>>
>>58616406
in my country yandex navigation is better than those two
>>
>>58616406
>Goygle maps
Slow. Kinda clunky.
>Applel maps
"I'm thinking Arby's" turns into "Arby's is in the fucking ocean because we said so."

Use Here. Here is actually nice.
>>
>>58616406
Openstreetmaps offline maps on a GPS
Or Android
I think is great
>>
>>58617161

This.

I use it with OsmAnd. Best offline navigation ever.

Also, no botnet.
>>
>>58616548
Are you russian?
>>
>>58617380
no turkish
>>
>>58616406
>doesn't know about OpenStreet maps
>>
>>58616406
Most shops and business show up on Google maps so im fucking forced to use it.

Otherwise, Here Maps is perfect for offline maps
>>
>>58616406
>>58616419
>>58617113
>>58617161
>>58617372

Are there any superior apps that DON'T require me to download maps constantly?

I do a lot of delivery work so I don't want to constantly have to update my maps like it's fucking 2004 and I have a Garmin.
>>
>>58617944
Here We Go

and Google Maps lets you download a portion of the huge area you want but it needs to redownload it like every 3 months or so
>>
HERE maps
>download one bigass map of your whole country once
>can use offline forever
I think it changed names now but I haven't updated it in ages since it just werkz
>>
>>58616406
Depends on the country.
Australia and I prefer HERE Maps, it has the speed limit of every road, speed/red light cameras and works great offline.
When I was in Japan, Google Maps shits itself occasionally, Apple Maps was rock solid for Transit, HERE maps doesn't even work in Japan.
>>
Can we all agree that Waze is the fucking worst, at least?

It used to be okay before Google bought it out and now it's god awful, and now Maps is just integrating SOME of the useful features of Waze, which probably won't exist much longer.

>I see you need to make a left at this 4-way stop light
>How about I route you through this side street instead so you can try to make a left turn from a stop sign across four lanes of busy traffic, instead of just waiting for the light and getting a guaranteed turn to go
>This is how we alleviate traffic congestion, by purposefully routing people to retarded streets instead of the ones that make sense

>I see you missed your turn
>How about instead of routing you to the closest side street to make a turnaround I re-route you 4 miles out of the way and have you make a u-turn there, instead

The only nice thing is being able to report police/accidents/etc but Google will never add that functionality (at least not the police part) because they're friends of the state.
>>
>>58618075
>Waze doesnt know how to do turnarounds
I fucking hate it! I think Uber frowns upon them too since we use Waze mandatorily to drive people around
>>
>>58616406
I use Apple, Google and Yandex maps interchangeably, some are better for certain types of travel, another may be more up to date, and another may give better routing, etc. trusting just one program is setting yourself up for trouble.
>>
>apple
>>
>>58617161
>>58617372
i used to use osmand, but it doesn't have house numbers...the search sucks
>>
>he doesn't own a map book
>>
Just ask for directions, man.
>>
>>58617387
Didn't know cockroches could navigate.
>>
Google maps is retarded most of the time.

It will literally have you drive circles around your destination instead of just going straight down the street
>>
Google Maps in LA

>In 17 miles, take the exit for I-405 North
>In 1/4 mile, take the exit for I-405 North
>attempt and fail to cross seven lanes of 85+ MPH traffic in the distance of a city block
>Recalculating route

Apple Maps in LA

>In 17 miles, take the exit for I-405 North
>In 4 miles, take the exit for I-405 North
>In 2 miles, take the exit for I-405 North
>In 1/2 mile, take the exit for I-405 North

Google Maps isn't designed to deal with the realities of interstate traffic in LA. You HAVE to keep looking at your phone or keep constant vigil over road signs because it doesn't give you enough warning. At that point, why bother using it at all?

Apple Maps' interface is slightly better as well.
>>
>>58616406
Google Maps is maps mixed with google earth and StreetView.
Apple Maps doesn't have earth and StreetView.
They're pretty different senpai
>>
In Japan at least, google maps is 500x times better.

No idea about driving though, but in terms of looking things up and walking / train directions, apple maps is nowhere near quality.
>>
>>58623789

And I just remembered. Google Maps hides the ability to avoid toll roads two layers deep in a menu that's only accessible right before you choose your route. AND you have to select "Avoid Tolls" every single fucking time before you start navigation.

God damn that shit is annoying.
>>
>>58623815
>Apple Maps doesn't have earth and StreetView.

It does have 3D satellite view with modeled terrain and buildings just like Earth. It lacks Street View, though. Personally, I never used it on my Android phone despite regularly using Street View on a desktop browser.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.