[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

odd how 0 (zero) of the men in pic related are attempting what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 9

File: richest-people-759.jpg (48KB, 759x422px) Image search: [Google]
richest-people-759.jpg
48KB, 759x422px
odd how 0 (zero) of the men in pic related are attempting what elon musk is despite have 5x more wealth
>>
>>58615448
the one on the left did far more for humanity than musk has, without shoving it in your face
>>
They have played their roles. Not everyone has the inclination nor the vision for bringing it all together.
>>
Middle two will presumably donate a fortune eventually, if we can trust their word.
Gates has done more than Musk, Buffman will donate his fortune to further enable people like Gates.
Tbh generating wealth the way he has is a serious contribution to the world in itself
>>
>>58615448
They've already made their money, now Musk is making his.
>>
File: Blue_Origin_Coat_of_Arms.png (167KB, 300x285px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Origin_Coat_of_Arms.png
167KB, 300x285px
>>58615448
I'd say Bezos is doing a bunch of stuff. They're just not as sexy as sending rockets into space.

(and that's before I remembered he has a
>>
>>58615617
(and that's before I remembered he has an aerospace company too.)
>>
File: 1483369021993.png (1MB, 2481x4806px) Image search: [Google]
1483369021993.png
1MB, 2481x4806px
>>58615468
The one on the left has the least humanity of four
>>
Because Musk is axtually intelligent and cares about the future of humanity. The other guys are shekel whores. Musk is a man of the future who even admits robotics and AI will likely kill capitalism.
>>
>>58615631
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_%26_Melinda_Gates_Foundation
>>
File: 3ZlIuHW.jpg (65KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
3ZlIuHW.jpg
65KB, 431x450px
>>58615631
>actually making the world a significantly better place doesn't count because he made fun of my toy OS
>>
>>58615695
Bill Gates is unironically trying to depopulate the earth.
>>
>>58615727
What kind of conservative, Christian cuckold, "save the black children so they can impregnated my wife" conspiracy does this stem from?
>>
>>58615795
can you do 5 seconds of research on the gates foundation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc16H3uHKOA
>>
>>58615727
>Bill Gates is unironically trying to depopulate the earth.
Good.
>>
>>58615827
Alex, take your super male vitality and shove it up your ass
>>
they are jewish
>>
>>58615727
He's been pumping Africa ful of food for two decades

there's going to be 10 billion Africans by 2100, he is a maniac cuckold
>>
>>58615827
birth and death use up a ton of energy. If you live longer and don't fuck like rabbits, projected energy use goes down. the same applies if you advance medical procedures. the more efficient the human body is, and the more healthy and stable the population growth is, the easier it is to control emissions. now a far more effective method to reducing emissions is to eliminate any who can't contribute to society (old, crippling mental/physical defects), but that's an ethical issue.
>>
>>58615907
yikes. is this what normies think he's doing?
>>
>>58615907
Not enough for the average Alex Jones viewing, African semen guzzling cuckold.

They want every uneducated and retarded black to make dozens of children so they can become good Christians
>>
>>58615695
>making the world a significantly better place
sounded like a true SJW
>>
>>58615631
is this just some advanced 'bait', or are you really paranoid and autistic enough to believe that ms has paid shills here trying to get anonymouse posters to argue over who should be the 'mascot' of this shithole?
>>
elon musk has run several companies that leverage mechanical engineering expertise, and he's been successful at it.

gates and bezos have run companies that did some stuff with consumer electronics, but they're all in the same boat of having basically no talent on hand that could do anything like build a rocket or a car. they're all software people.

stop expecting people to do everything just because you're an autistic little faggot. let people focus on what they're good at, retard.
>>
File: smug.jpg (19KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
19KB, 250x250px
>>58615695
>making more niggers
>world a better place
>>
>>58615631
LMAO tell me you're not serious
>>
>>58616523
bezos has a rocket company, it's more successful than space x.
>>
>>58616523
>elon musk built his rockets and cars himself
He didn't though. He hired people to do it for him and then sold everything. SpaceX, HyperLoop etc are no longer ran by Musk at all.
>>
>>58615695

>sending money to niggers in Africa
>instead of investing in his own nation, much of which is poor and just getting by

Back to plebbit.
>>
>>58616933
Found the Trump supporter.
>>
>>58616933
>investing money in a high tech company
>poor americans are still poor so they don't have the necessary education and skills
>tech company brings in cheap indian labour instead because few americans are qualified

At least Bill Gates has donated money to schools and universities within the US and is a strong supporter of free higher education and waiving tuitions and student loan debts.
>>
>>58616933
>>58616942
yeah but he's not wrong. you have a refutation? if so would be interested in reading it.
>>
>>58616972
maybe the US could employ people in it's tech sector who were actually from the US if they stopped giving secretary of education to idiots.
>>
>>58616972
See >>58616963

Creating jobs that require college degree do little to nothing to help the poor and uneducated. The US' real problem is that unskilled labour is rapidly being phased out in favour of automation, meanwhile there are plenty of skilled labour jobs to go around but americans drop out of the race after high school and compete for the few unskilled labour jobs left.
>>
>>58616993
>>58617004
cool thanks. ill go do some research on this topic.
>>
>>58616942

You say that like its a bad thing. Donating to Africa is always the retard publicity stunt thing to do.
>>
>>58615690

He is now giving away money which he took away from another corporation, monopolising PC software market, which caused that a lot of people lose their jobs. And now he has too much money from this people.
>>
>>58617018
This is why Trump's plan to bring production and industry back into the US will do little to help the poor. The manual labour has been replaced by robots and machines a long time ago, and this will only save a handful of jobs.

Companies moving their factories and plants out of the US is because of other countries' industry taxes, cost of electricity, cost of property, building regulations and requirements etc. In other words, it has very little to do with workers' wages at all.

Factories that used to have 1500 workers can now operate with only 300 workers. Trumps plan to bring factories back into the US will definitively have a short-term positive impact on the economy (long-term is more uncertain due to his plans on tariffs and boycotts and increased taxes which may [or may not] lead to a trade war), but it definitively not lift the working class / poor people into the middle class or bring more jobs.

>>58617029
See above
>>
>>58616963
>Bill Gates has donated money to schools and universities within the US

Most schools are nothing more than cuck factories.
>>
>>58616993

But muh cheap labor
>>
>>58616927
isnt he the CEO and CTO of spaceX?
>>
>>58617140
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why the alt-right has been trolled into thinking that God Emperor Kek aka Trump will save them from poverty and make them great, while in reality he doesn't give two fucks about them.
>>
>>58617152
Only symbolic, Tom Mueller is the real CTO and Gwynne Shotwell is acting CEO. But yeah, you're absolutely right, he hasn't left SpaceX and still is formally the boss.
>>
>>58617102
>>58617004
>>58616963
Implying that underaged alt-right memesters manage to see the connection between an undereducated population and why the tech industry relies on h-1b visas.

To them, it's a jewish conspiracy because outsourcing factories saves the jew money because american salaries are so high and bringing indians in on american salaries somehow also saves the jew money because american salaries are so low.
>>
>>58617158

Have you been to a modern day American public school and seen the shit they tell the kids?
>>
File: 1485075351580.jpg (23KB, 439x290px) Image search: [Google]
1485075351580.jpg
23KB, 439x290px
Wake up goys! He wants to shoot white people on Mars so non-whites have the earth for themselves.

Enjoy living in tiny tin boxes on a boring uninhabitable planet while Tyrone moves into your old home.
>>
>>58617193
Yes, the state of American education is indeed bad. But this should be a motivation for them to fix it, not elect some shady billionaire with a questionable business practice that appoints some filthy rich Christian lobbyist that aims to defund public education and strengthen Christian private schools so children can learn about good Christian values rather than stuff like science and mathematics.

The state of American education is so bad that Silicon Valley companies are bringing in fucking poo in loos, because even they have literally better education than a vast majority of Americans.

Rich people, of course, go to good schools, and then good universities. But there's not so many of them, and most of them become lawyers or go to business school and don't study STEM.
>>
>>58617191

But thats the reason why things get outsourced: cheap labor and little to no regulations. Some even think its a good idea to import cheap labor and then we get things like illegal mexicans ans h1b visas.
>>
>>58617216
I would rather live in a tin box on Mars than have Tyrone next door anyway, so I'm down with that.
>>
>>58617233
Illegal Mexicans and H1B visas are two different things. The former is doing unskilled labour, and those jobs are already dying out in favour of robots and machines and automation in general. H1B visas are because American universities are only pumping out jewish lawyers and MBAs, not people who do a degree in STEM.

See >>58617102 and >>58617004
>>
>>58617224
Yeah, I'm sure the reason why foreign workers that studied in shitty little universities and worked the call centres are being brought in to the west because of their superior education and intelligence, not because they cost less to the companies that employ them and have a pool of workers 5X the size due to population alone.
>>
>>58617224
>The state of American education is so bad that Silicon Valley companies are bringing in fucking poo in loos

No, it's because they can treat them like indentured servants.
>>
>>58615448
they are trying to make money while Elon is trying to impress reddit
>>
>>58616933
>I'm a NEET loser so Gates should give me free money
sad desu
>>
>>58617289
Importing people literally doesn't make any sense if it's because they're supposedly cheaper. Not only are companies obligated to assist in housing and need to spend time and money on administrative issues, they also are required to pay them the same as for an american worker. And in addition, multiple companies are competing for the same workers, so they often enjoy competitive salaries as well. I mean, well above half of H1B-visa recipients are from European countries, but of course /pol/ tells you that it's just a bunch of brown people.

Meanwhile, the US has the smallest tertiary educated population among all of the western countries despite actually scoring quite high international tests on primary and secondary education quality.

Outsourcing works as you say indeed.
>>
>>58617293
But they actually can't. Have you even read the H-1B requirements?
>>
>>58617365
If you think a big corporation gives a flying fuck about the "requirements" you're very naive.
>>
>>58615631
Probably Gates doesn't even know what windows version is the newest one lol, he's just the honor president and does literally nothing
>>
>>58615448
"Oooh Musk. I want to suck your cock. Take me in your arms and carry me to Mars while I lewdly gaze at your squarish face" said the OP while schlicking xer tranny pussy.
>>
>>58617415
>If you think a big corporation gives a flying fuck about the "requirements" you're very naive.

H-1B visas are tightly regulated and controlled, and there is also a relatively low numerical cap on the number that is granted every year. Don't participate in spreading /pol/'s ignorance on the subject.

The US seriously needs to boost its educational system for STEM fields, stop thinking that import tariffs for factories that moved overseas and preventing brown people from entering your country is going to do anything at all, it's not the real issue here.
>>
>>58615468
>kids actually believe that
>all they know about bill is how nice he is for saving africans from mosquitos
>they literally have no idea how fucking brutal he was before 'leaving' microsoft
ugh

>>58615564
Actually, I'd say Facebook has done more than Bezos already. He bought out whatsapp and actually made them start using signal's initiative. I assume largely just because Zuck himself wants a secure line of communication. It's probably the premier secure channel due to how hugely popular the service is. Installing Wire, Signal, or whatever else on your phone just paints a giant target on your back unfortunately.
>>
>>58617415
>i don't trust big corporations
>so i'd rather trust filthy rich billionaires that came from such big corporations appointed by a filthy rich real estate mogul to make america great again
>>
>>58617454
>H-1B visas are tightly regulated and controlled, and there is also a relatively low numerical cap on the number that is granted every year.

None of this affects what I said. So there's a number limit? Big deal, the companies gets as many as they can.

>H-1B visas are tightly regulated and controlled

The regulations aren't correct to stop the kind of abuse I'm talking about, no matter how well they are enforced.

>stop thinking that import tariffs for factories that moved overseas and preventing brown people from entering your country is going to do anything at all, it's not the real issue here.

Not even my argument. Don't be fallacious.
>>
>>58617224

>some shady billionaire

There's nothing shady about him. He's been a known public figure for much longer than you've been alive. Eight years of Obama haven't improved schools, you now have shit like common core. Maybe someone who's the opposite of Obama can make things go the other way and improve. Crazy thought right?
>>
>>58617479
I didn't vote for Trump. Turns out there's more than two package deals for all policy. I'm not a partyline cumslut.
>>
>>58617479
If a person is rich, he's smart. Avoiding paying taxes, finding legal loopholes is considered admirable in the US. They are simply living the American dream.

If companies do the same, they are considered evil and bad in the US. They are greedy jews that exploit people.

Learn the difference.
>>
>>58617489
Being a known public figure doesn't exclude him from being shady. Wasn't he asked to release his taxes but still hasn't? At least obama released his birth certificate when people got angsty.
>>
>>58617500
>They are simply living the American dream
The american dream was the single worst thing to happen to America.
>>
>>58617502
>At least obama released his birth certificate when people got angsty.

After months and months of badgering. Nice memory hole you have there (or more likely you hadn't hit puberty yet)
>>
>>58617289
>>58617293
Live and work in tech in Silicon Valley for over 5 years.

These guys are absolutely right. They give them subsidized housing cram 5 Indians into a 2 bedroom suite and pay them 36k salaries opposed to higherING Mr.American fresh out of college for 70k starting, just as the system he was trained him told him he would be making
>>
>>58617352
This is false. They have no obligation to pay them what others get.

They sign on the dotted line and agree to the terms they were given
>>
>>58617524
Months and months of badgering and Trump still hasn't released his. What's your excuse now? I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something. :)
>>
>>58617488
>None of this affects what I said.
What you said is "you're naive if you think big corporations follow rules and regulations" which is just a baseless claim.

>So there's a number limit? Big deal, the companies gets as many as they can.
Yes, but there's still a small number compared to the actual number of tech jobs in the US.

>The regulations aren't correct to stop the kind of abuse I'm talking about, no matter how well they are enforced.
The kind of abuse you're talking about does not exist, but feel free to prove otherwise.

>Not even my argument.
Fair enough.

>>58617489
>There's nothing shady about him.
Then explain the vast number of lawsuits against him. I know that people in the US sue other people over stuff like spilling a cup of coffee, but still a lot of them ended in settlements even though he claims he never goes for a settlement.

>He's been a known public figure for much longer than you've been alive
Neither of these things make you qualified for making decisions that affect an entire country, if not the entire world.

I mean Bill Cosby is also a known public figure and been alive longer than me, but I wouldn't vote for him to be my leader.

>Maybe someone who's the opposite of Obama can make things go the other way and improve. Crazy thought right?
Why do you have to go the complete opposite direction every time something is shown to be imperfect?

Also, Trump is a guy with a bunch of crazy thoughts and no concrete plans. For fuck's sake, his secretary of education appointee got the job because she donated millions to the Republican party and have no relevant experience.
>>
>>58617415
Your forgetting it's companies that have bigger revalue the most countries GDP, they have the money to swing the pendulum their way

Even if h1 are limited it's these major corps getting the majority of them
>>
>>58617502

A birth certificate and tax information are both very different things you stupid fuck.
>>
>>58617550
>This is false. They have no obligation to pay them what others get.
They do, you retard.

https://www.uscis.gov/eir/visa-guide/h-1b-specialty-occupation/understanding-h-1b-requirements

>Requirement 4 - You must be paid at least the actual or prevailing wage for your occupation, whichever is higher.
>>
>>58617565
>What you said is "you're naive if you think big corporations follow rules and regulations" which is just a baseless claim.

As it "it doesn't affect them" not "they break the rules". Learn to use context, please.

>Yes, but there's still a small number compared to the actual number of tech jobs in the US.

Citation please. "Tech jobs" is very ill defined, so I have no idea what numbers you're using.

>The kind of abuse you're talking about does not exist,

You seem to be confused what I'm actually talking about, so how the fuck would you even know?
>>
>>58617565

>Why do you have to go the complete opposite direction every time something is shown to be imperfect?

For politics, that's how it is. 8 years of retarded leftist policies get reversed when you have a conservative, its not hard to understand.

>Also, Trump is a guy with a bunch of crazy thoughts and no concrete plans.

Yes, yes. Trump is a raving lunatic, he has no idea what he's doing and he's just a mess who can't control or organize anything. He just became a multi-billionaire by luck. We know.
>>
>>58617569
Yes, birth certificate is important because of some archaic system to prevent that the US becomes a British colony again and under British rule. Tax information is necessary to show that you don't have any economical conflict of interest.

>>58617524
See above.
>>
>>58617601
>For politics, that's how it is.
That doesn't make it the best way to do things.

>He just became a multi-billionaire by luck. We know.
Nobody really knows how much he has, because he refuses to release his tax returns.
>>
>>58617602
>some archaic system

Liberals sure get butthurt when the law is in their way, huh? "muh electoral colleges", "muh presidential qualifications".

Funny how this is only an issue when you lose.
>>
>>58617594
>"Tech jobs" is very ill defined,
Any job that requires a bachelor degree or equivalent or higher within a field of science, technology, mathematics or engineering.

>so I have no idea what numbers you're using.
The number of graduates from American colleges and universities and the number of h-1b visas (65,000 a year) vs the actual number of people hired in the relevant sectors every year. Also, unemployment numbers for people with a bachelor degree or higher in a STEM field.
>>
>>58617624
I'm not a liberal, but Obama did in fact go public with his extended birth certificate, whereas Trump has still to release his tax returns and has outright said that he never intends to because he believes nobody is interested in them.

His reasoning was literally that he got elected, therefore it must not matter.
>>
>>58617635
I want the actual study, please.
>>
>>58617650
Even if those things were equivalent, his certificate was released almost at the end of his first term. So Trump still has 3ish years to change his mind before he's "worse" than Obama in that area.
>>
>>58617676
Whatever numbers or studies I'm going to come up with, you're going to counter it with "it's too vague" or "that's not what I was talking about".

Be specific, what exactly do you want to know?My claim was literally that "the number of h-1b visas issued every year is vastly lower than the number of tech job positions posted every year". This should be pretty self-evident considering that there are a maximum of 65,000 H-1B visas issued every year and there were over 5000 senior developer positions in the US posted on LinkedIn last month alone. That's only one type of tech job requiring a college degree for only one month of the year.
>>
>>58617712
>Even if those things were equivalent,
My argument is exactly that they are not equivalent. Tax returns are obviously more important, which is why every fucking presidential candidate since Gerald Ford has released them, during the primaries.

>his certificate was released almost at the end of his first term
That was the extended birth certificate. The "normal" birth certificate was always available, but the "birthers" didn't find it proof enough because "he might be a muslim that prays five times a day to Mecca" according to prominent "birther" Alex Jones.
>>
>>58617740
>Whatever numbers or studies I'm going to come up with, you're going to counter it with "it's too vague" or "that's not what I was talking about".

In other words you don't have one.

>what exactly do you want to know?

Give me officially (or peer-reviewed) collected data that supports the exact claims you made in the post I replying "I want the actual study, please." to.

>maximum of 65,000 H-1B visas
I also would like to have this number as well. Would this include renewals, for example.

>there were over 5000 senior developer positions in the US posted on LinkedIn last month alone.

We are talking about jobs, not job postings. There is not a one to one correlation between postings and jobs (unless you want to try to prove that property correct, which would be mildly entertaining), so this argument isn't very compelling to me.
>>
>>58617352
Absolute garbage. It is near impossible to enforce the kinds of wage regulations you're talking about. This is just like saying how companies can only pursue H1B candidates if no local workers exist. The company just says no local workers exist after advertising an underrated job with ridiculous requirements.

Chinese, Mexicans and Indians make up the majority of visas while Europeans make up less than 10% of immigrant and non-immigrant visas

You idiot.
>>
>>58617792
>In other words you don't have one.
>Give me officially (or peer-reviewed) collected data that supports the exact claims you made in the post I replying "I want the actual study, please." to.

This looks at unemployment rates among newly graduates in various STEM fields, but also points out differences in demand and supply for different location and among fields. It also outlines a model of why the numbers are the way they are:

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2015/article/stem-crisis-or-stem-surplus-yes-and-yes.htm

The US Bureau of Labor Statics project that the employment rates within Science and Engineering fields grow beyond that of the rate for all fields.

Almost 60% of the projected increase is within computer science and mathematics, which is what we care about on this board, right?

It is estimated that there are between 5.8 million and 6 million people currently working in science and engineering jobs, and between 4.3 and 5.4 million of these people have at least a bachelor's degree: https://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind14/index.cfm/chapter-3/c3s1.htm

The US Department of Commerce has estimated the unemployment in the STEM fields to be way below the national average unemployment rates: http://dpeaflcio.org/programs-publications/issue-fact-sheets/the-stem-workforce-an-occupational-overview/

>I also would like to have this number as well
https://www.uscis.gov/eir/visa-guide/h-1b-specialty-occupation/understanding-h-1b-requirements

>There is not a one to one correlation between postings and jobs
No, because unfilled positions remain fucking unfilled.

>>58617806
>It is near impossible to enforce the kinds of wage regulations
The market already regulates itself. Remember that these workers are in demand and sought by multiple companies.

>Chinese, Mexicans and Indians make up the majority of visas while Europeans make up less than 10% of immigrant and non-immigrant visas
We're talking about H-1B visas, but post feel free to post numbers.
>>
>>58616550
literally, unironically kys
>>
>>58617947
>http://dpeaflcio.org/programs-publications/issue-fact-sheets/the-stem-workforce-an-occupational-overview/

You should probably take note of the following:

>Tech industry lobbyists often claim that the visas make it possible to bring in the “best and brightest” workers to combat shortages of U.S. workers in STEM industries. Yet, there is no labor market test to ensure that unscrupulous employers do not replace U.S. professionals with temporary guest workers. According to the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, “no one who has come to the question with an open mind has been able to find any objective data suggesting general ‘shortages’ of scientists and engineers.”[37] Labor market indicators do not demonstrate a supply shortage and the evidence suggesting a need for more H-1B workers is anecdotal. [38] Estimates indicate that close to 50 percent of STEM graduates in the U.S. are not hired in STEM-related fields, suggesting the claims of a shortage in STEM is largely rhetorical and not supported by the data.[39]

>Despite the provisions stating that H-1B visa beneficiaries must receive the prevailing wage, guest workers generally make less than their U.S. counterparts. As far back as 2001, the National Research Council of the National Academy of Sciences and the National Academy of Engineering warned the “size of the H-1B workforce relative to the overall number of IT professionals is large enough to keep wages from rising as fast as might be expected in a tight labor market.”[40] The Academy’s warning bears true in current wage data.

>Similarly, for computer programmers, the median hourly wage increased from $30.49 in 2005 to $38.24 in 2015, which, after adjusting for inflation, represents a three percent decrease in buying power.[42]
>>
>>58617987
/thread
>>
>>58617947
>wage regulations
The market already regulates itself. Remember that these workers are in demand and sought by multiple companies
What's sought is cheaper labour. If a company can pay someone much less because they provide basic benefits, housing and the opportunity to live in the US then they're going to prefer that.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports%2520and%2520Studies/H-1B/h1b-fy-12-characteristics.pdf
>64.1% of all H-1B beneficiaries were Indian
>7.6% were Chinese
>Canada and UK made up only 4.3% combined
I guess Oxford, Cambridge and University of Toronto can't compete in education standards against Poo in Loo technical college.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-23_15-41-57.png (120KB, 1111x606px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-23_15-41-57.png
120KB, 1111x606px
>>58618049
>https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports%2520and%2520Studies/H-1B/h1b-fy-12-characteristics.pdf
That link leads to a 404, pic related
>>
>>58617460
>As of 2007, Bill and Melinda Gates were the second-most generous philanthropists in America, having given over $28 billion to charity;[98] the couple plan to eventually donate 95 percent of their wealth to charity.

Gates was a ruthless businessman, nothing changes that. but that shouldn't devalue his philanthropy.

if you're going to make billions by shitting up tech indefinitely you might as well do some good with that money.
>>
>>58618085
Then look up h1b FY 12 characteristics

Idiot.
>>
>>58618104
No bully ;_;
>>
>>58617947
Well I wrote out a reply, but I hit back on accident and lost my work. I'm too lazy to retype everything. Thanks for the paper. Skimmed it, too lazy to read atm, will probably dig into it later. I like that they modeled it with queues, although it seems fairly shallow (theres a lot of analysis you can do with queuing theory) and focused on PhDs positions. The "newspapers" cite is a tad worrying, but hey, I'll wait until I read it thoroughly.

>https://www.uscis.gov/eir/visa-guide/h-1b-specialty-occupation/understanding-h-1b-requirements

Didn't really answer my question, but it did provide one case where candidates do NOT count towards the cap. Mostly inconclusive.

>No, because unfilled positions remain fucking unfilled.

I had a long argument for this, but tl;dr there are more reasons than that, but even that does not mean that the labor isn't there. It's more complicated than that.
>>
>>58618099
God damn I hate this retarded morality of "feed the starving black children".

I consider these types of people immoral, definitely not moral.
>>
>>58617954
>person wants people they don't like to die
>I don't like that or that person
>that person should die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9muK2M36c
>>
>>58618114
>Didn't really answer my question, but it did provide one case where candidates do NOT count towards the cap. Mostly inconclusive.
See: http://dpeaflcio.org/programs-publications/issue-fact-sheets/the-stem-workforce-an-occupational-overview/

Includes all types of foreign worker visas, not only H-1B. In FY 2015, 531,000 guest worker visas were issued to employers for categories H-1B, L-1, optional practical training, O, TN (NAFTA professional), and E3 workers
>>
File: 1482179745421.jpg (118KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
1482179745421.jpg
118KB, 569x802px
>>58615631
>$21.5b through his foundation to developing and impoverished nations
>providing the necessary capital for resources subbed at the eradication of polio, guinea worm,elephantiasis,river blindness, andblinding trachoma
>Along with Warren Buffett have $732 billion pledged by 139 individuals that they will spend majority of their wealth (>50%) on philanthropy.

You were saying?
>>
>>58618158
Did you swallow the bogpill?
>>
>>58617535
i don't think it's the employer that's exploiting them, it's some sort of intermediary. I think it's the consulting firm back in india, through which these workers are hired.
>>
>>58618153
>Although skilled guest workers make up a very small percentage of the overall U.S. workforce, they are disproportionately concentrated in STEM industries. Among all STEM workers, 11.3 percent were not U.S. citizens in April 2016, (over 1,000,000 workers). In computer and mathematical occupations, 13.8 percent of workers were not citizens. In life, physical, and social science occupations, 11.3 percent were not U.S. citizens. Among architects and engineers, 6.6 percent of the workforce were not U.S. citizens.

That's not a small number.

>Despite the provisions stating that H-1B visa beneficiaries must receive the prevailing wage, guest workers generally make less than their U.S. counterparts.

Wait whose argument are you supporting here?
>>
>>58618271
>That's not a small number.
No, but we were initially discussing H-1B visas only, because these are predominantly used in tech industry. Other visas have other requirements.

>Wait whose argument are you supporting here?
I read it and had to stand corrected, based on the conclusion presented in that summary I was obviously mistaken.
>>
>>58618316
So you admit you were wrong??? HAHAHAHA loser faggot, next time check the facts first
>>
>>58618421
Hey, at least he was open minded and admitted he changed his mind. Most people here would have argued themselves into a corner and then started acting like a retard to derail the thread.
>>
>>58618835
Hahaha weak minded faggots are slowly realizing they were wrong all the time

These are great times
>>
>>58616933
Make Africa great
Blacks go back to Africa
America is white paradise
>>
>Gates is trying to bring water to the world
>Bezos is just trying to make money
>Zuckerberg just wants to own all the land around him 24/7
>Buffett just laughs to the bank and bank
>Musk wants to make cars drive themselves and go to Mars

Honestly Gates is the only one doing something useful.
>>
>>58615448
Baby has never heard of personal priorities, ambitions and goals?
>>
File: aassddff.jpg (206KB, 763x1021px) Image search: [Google]
aassddff.jpg
206KB, 763x1021px
they know something Elon doesn't know
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.