[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMD Coolers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: Ther're not vey cool.jpg (823KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Ther're not vey cool.jpg
823KB, 3264x2448px
AMD Coolers
>>
>>58607185
Like putting a ice cube in a bon fire
>>
>>58607185
the equivalent of have a tiny man, constantly screaming inside your computer.
>>
>>58607185

that's because stock coolers are still for some reason made for processors used in light environment like offices where people do fuck all, even if it's stronk processor
>>
>>58607185

My AMD athalon x4 runs 24/7 stock cooler (similar to picture) with no issues. Computer is getting on 5 years with about 100% uptime.

It's reasonably quiet too.
>>
THEBEST
THEBEST
THEBEST

srsly big guy tho Owo!
>>
>>58607323
Those coolers were practically built for the athlon so u all good anon
>>
File: 1483446517259.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483446517259.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>58607185
>>
File: amd_new_cooler_wraith_slide.jpg (363KB, 1423x761px) Image search: [Google]
amd_new_cooler_wraith_slide.jpg
363KB, 1423x761px
>>
>>58607739
>less than one-tenth
Lol anyone that doesn't understand that sound is measured in magnitudes of 10
I almost fell for the AMD meme but everyone said they were shit in this current year and I haven't regretted it. Only wish I'd gone i7 instead of i5
>>
>>58607185
I put the 8 core cooler on a 6 core FX chip, runs cool and quiet even under load. the thing has a copper base and heatpipes.
>>
>>58607824
>copper base and heatpipes
You don't say?
>>
File: Real.jpg (23KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
Real.jpg
23KB, 308x302px
>>58607797
>>
>>58607894
>old one was probably around 50dbA
>new one claims 39dbA
>a 50dbA is ten times louder than one at 40dbA

As for amd's shit bulldozer CPU's going up against a Skylake, for gaming, kek. Sorry not gonna throw down for an AIO to cool a shit 95xx!
>>
>>58607185
Better than a stock Intel cooler.

Wraith is almost 212 Evo levels of cooling, which isn't bad.
>>
>>58608013
and isnt it a freebie cooler if you get the amd cpus that have special clock speeds on them?
>>
My 8350 runs fine with stock. I don't get this meme
>>
>>58607323
Have a athlon x4 with a stock cooler. Shit doesn't get above 60c
>>
>>58607984
>2011 CPU
>Vs 2016 CPU

wtf i hate amd now
>>
>>58608033
I believe they're just being shipped as standard now with all new CPUs. Have been for some months. Of course this relies on how much of the old stock that retailers have in.

Scan have some new stock in with wraiths.
>>
>>58608231
What exactly are the gaming benefits of AMD CPU's?
>inb4 >>>/v/
Besides, the saved electricity would end up equaling the cost to step up to Intel over the life of the chip anyways.
Not making any innovations for 5 years isn't my fault. I know Intel are da joos but idc
>>
File: AMDcooler.jpg (471KB, 1686x1533px) Image search: [Google]
AMDcooler.jpg
471KB, 1686x1533px
>>58607890
yes
>>
File: mounted.jpg (104KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
mounted.jpg
104KB, 620x414px
>>58607185
Is the new one much better at all?
>>
>>58607824
I bought an fx 4170 back in 2017 and an 8320 a few months ago. I'm almost certain they have the exact same cooler. In fact I believe the only difference with the wraith cooler is the fan.
I didn't use either stock cooler though so I couldn't tell you how well they work.
>>
>>58608286
>What exactly are the gaming benefits of AMD CPU's?
In terms of performance?
Depends on the games.
New games that makes use of multiple cores will have no problem. Older, intensive games, that only utilise single cores will give some pause, but only in select cases will it really show.

Benefit overall of AMD CPUs?
AM3+ has been supported for 4 years now. Before that, AM3 was here for 2. All AM3 processors are supported on AM3+ boards to boot.
The increased core count demolishes hyperthreading. Physical cores will always win that battle; Now, before some smart ass-licking shite comes along comparing an 8350 to a 7900k, let me qualify by adding - assuming the product compared is of a similar age.

AMD CPUs overclock very well, and motherboards are cheap, even higher end boards are really more than $120. Less of a silicon lottery going on. Hell, even AMD manage to get 8350 chips up to 5Ghz in the factory, hence the 9590 existing.

Finally, they're just cheaper. If you just need a CPU for an office rig, or a HTPC, something you don't need to spend much on, then there's your answer. Mobos are cheap, CPUs are cheap.
>>
>>58608369
A ton better. It competes with other third party low profile coolers.
>>
>>58608369
A couple of reviews done on it put it within spitting distance of the Hyper 212+ in terms of performance, just a bit louder due to the smaller fan.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10500/stock-cooler-roundup-intel-amd-vs-evo-212

For a stock cooler thats pretty damn good.
>>
>>58608417
nope, the 4 and 6 cores got smaller coolers. and I was referring to the Pre-Wraith units. They might have upgraded the 4 and 6 cores with the old 8 core cooler when the wraith came out, I haven't bought a CPU since Wraith's launch.
>>
>>58608418
amen
>>
File: amd-wraith-side-by-side[1].jpg (99KB, 1100x550px) Image search: [Google]
amd-wraith-side-by-side[1].jpg
99KB, 1100x550px
>>58608417
Far from.
>>
>2017
>using any stock cooler
>>
>>58608418
Good response, thank you.
I just made my first build in august so I was looking at it in those terms. I was thinking of making a light budget build but the power consumption and my applefan (((cousin))) swayed me to Intel. Definitely different comparing an AMD to a 2011 Intel though, just sucks they have taken so long to make the next chip because Intel has stangated as we all know.

>>58608445
Looks cool but I'd much prefer something blowing air out the top/back instead of pushing it to the side
>>
>>58607984
Here's something to learn.
When ever you are in a loud area lets say.. 80 db. You can stay in the area for half an hour before you get your hearing damaged. Every 2 db increase, the time you're allowed to stay in the area is decreased by half. (I dont exactly remember how risky 80 db is. Just used this as.An example.)

Source: they teach you that in courses where you are going to work in loud areas.

So in a way, 50 db is 10 times louder than 40.
>>
>>58608418
None of that is good for gaming you mong.

I have an 8320 at 4ghz and it bottlenecks the shit out of my fury in almost all games. The only game I've seen it actually give a boost over my old fx quad core was, amazingly, metro 2033.

In just about any other game I can watch my gpu usage stay well below 100%.

The fx chips were server parts that AMD had to make work for the consumer market because they had nothing else to work with. Zen is actually kind of the same story except this time around single core performance won't suck ass.
>>
>>58608530
>Looks cool but I'd much prefer something blowing air out the top/back instead of pushing it to the side
So would I, but for the most part the cooler is good enough that going with a third party tower heatsink is optional. HTPC and SFF builds could definitely make good use of it.

AFAIK only Intel's super high end stock coolers for their Workstation/Extreme chips can claim the same, and since you're buying those separately anyways, might as well spend the additional $5 for a proper 3rd party heatsink. AMD's giving you the Wraith standard.
>>
Ultra Durable
>>
>>58608539
So what if you work with a Chainsaw that's 102dB without ear protection?
>>
>>58608593
I have an fx 8300 at 4.2 ghz and gta 5 goes down to 40 fps when driving on high settings
>>
>>58608926
I had to get my FX 8120 to 4.6GHz to get a solid 60FPS, but by then my VRMs were melting
>>
Why does AMD still use the horrible two point clip system? I thought that shit went out with the Pentium III, but poorfag AMD is still using this obsolete, and fragile clip
>>
>>58608969
As opposed to the fucking pushpins?
>>
>>58608969
there's no evidence of it not working properly. it worked well enough that the new mount for AM4 is a similar system
>>
>>58608918
It depends upon the exposure, but it's highly recommended. I just took a course on industrial health and safety and we went over shit like this. Hearing protection I think is recommended either at 80 or 90dbA.
There's a threshold limit to the the duration of exposure for a given intensity per week, any more and you're supposed to be in a lower intensity environment so it will average out.
That's why some workplaces cycle employees on various tasks to prevent the overaccumulation of hazardous stuff
>>
>>58608969
SecuFirm should be standard considering how piss easy it is to install coolers with it.
>>
>>58608997
Pushpins might be shit too, but at least it created a standard that the mobo has 4 holes, and a backplate for after market mounts.

I dont know how people talk shit on the push style. I never had issues because I know how they work, and to be gentle. fucking retards go in with a massive flat head screwdriver and turn shit the wrong way.

I personally have removed at least 200 pushpin style stock coolers to reapply thermal paste, and I never broke any except the ones that were already damaged.

I have broken the AMD style socket clip twice. probably 100% my fault, but those things are horrible.
>>
>>58609123
>but at least it created a standard that the mobo has 4 holes, and a backplate for after market mounts.
the AMD mount has 4 holes when you remove it, and most motherboards have a backplate
>>
>>58608286
Old AMD CPUs are shit and you shouldn't buy them. Zen might be interesting.
>>
>>58609138
those are not standard sizes no?
>>
>>58609190
the holes on the mount are a standard size, and the threads on the backplates are standard as well. the assembly is designed by AMD, it only changes if some board maker is retarded and wants to be different.
>>
>>58609158
Maybe AMD wouldn't suck if everyone wasn't CPU-shaming
>>
>>58609230
So why do AMD manufacturers waste money on that stupid plastic bracket instead of having AMD ship bare CPUs, and let the user choose an aftermarket cooler that takes advantage of the mount holes?
>>
>>58609366
some coolers do
I believe you need to remove the bracket to mount a Hyper 212 as well as a bunch of Thermaltake units.
you can blame Asetek for the poor mounting solutions for AMD on most of the market's AIO water coolers
>>
I remember I bought AMD Laptop at a pawn shop. It was a blast. Centurion it was called as a tired knight . It worked for a day and night and then it collapsed.
>>
>>58609237
this a cooler shaming thread not cpu shaming thread all cpu's were created equal
>>
>>58608480
I stand corrected on the wraith cooler but I'm almost certain the cooler for my fx 4170 was exactly the same as my fx 8320. I compared the two when I opened the box to my 8320 out of curiosity and they had the same heatpipe design. Maybe the 8320 had a more dense fin design and I just didn't notice though.

If this thread is still up after I get off work I'll look for them and post a picture.
>>
>>58607726
I wonder if having a fan like this would allow me to OC to insanely high clocks like 7ghz????
>>
>>58611753
No.

Meanwhile Heat is a big problem you will have the Mosfet and VRM problem.

Also that the CPU wont short or blow up for the intense load it wasnt designed for.
>>
i just use an alpine arctic 64 pro r2
>>
>>58607185
Isn't that thing a big fucking dust magnet?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.