[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple sues Qualcomm, saying chipmaker withheld $1B as “extortion”

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: applestore-640x425.jpg (89KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
applestore-640x425.jpg
89KB, 640x425px
>Apple sued Qualcomm today, alleging that the chip company charges billions in patent royalties "for technologies they have nothing to do with."

>Apple's lawsuit seeks unspecified damages while stating it has been "overcharged billions" by Qualcomm. The lawsuit notes that law enforcement agencies around the world are investigating Qualcomm, which "has been declared a monopolist by three separate governments" in the past two years. Last month, Korean regulators slapped Qualcomm with a $850 million fine over its patent-licensing practices. The US Federal Trade Commission sued Qualcomm earlier this week, again over patent issues.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/01/apple-files-1-billion-lawsuit-against-qualcomm-over-patent-licensing/
>>
>>58592672

Wonder how /r/apple are defending this
>>
>Patent trolls complaining about other patent trolls
>>
>>58592672
If any monopoly should be stopped it's Microsoft. Can't wait for them to die.
>>
>>58593017
them and apple will slowly become less and less relevant over time because jobs and gates aren't at the helm anymore, nobody to push out good ideas. maybe they'll somehow survive like IBM has with focusing on enterprise software/hardware but lol @ that with apple since they've effectively killed their professional market.
>>
>>58593058

You've obviously never used a surface book
>>
I wonder when people will wake up to the fact that patents keep the richest companies in the world from monopolizing every technology.
>>
>>58593776
No one has, no one wants to.
>>
>>58592672
Ironic
>>
It looks like Qualcomm is fucked if there if proof of their alleged machinations and there will be.

Apple don't pick fights they can not win.
>>
>>58593839
chinks on my course do
its pretty comfy
>>
File: 1484124621098.jpg (236KB, 1024x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1484124621098.jpg
236KB, 1024x1022px
>>58592672
>you can't patent troll us, only I can patent troll you
>>
>>58593817
Patents have expiration date. GPL license don't.
>>
>>58594301
That comic is hate speech, and it's problematic that you have it saved on your hard drive.

You might wanna consider attending a local Racists Anonymous meeting.
>>
>>58594383

Copyrights DO expire, you fucking moron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain#Expiration_of_copyright
>>
Basically apple is complaining that they are in the wrong side of the overpricing gun.
>>
>>58594530
Yes, I'm sure this time Disney will definitely let their copyright on Steamboat Willie run out instead of bribing every politician in Washington to extend its duration.
Totally.
>>
File: 1481821460063_0.png (261KB, 1039x559px) Image search: [Google]
1481821460063_0.png
261KB, 1039x559px
>>58594518
>>
File: ahah.jpg (13KB, 231x363px) Image search: [Google]
ahah.jpg
13KB, 231x363px
>>58593776
>dude in my class has a Surface Book
>get to sit behind him
>watch interfaces and taskbar shit get stuck on-screen while he's writing emails
>endless ghosting
>>
>>58597019
>ghosting
I own a surface book and have no clue what you're talking about.

interfaces and taskbars getting stuck has nothing to do with the surface book and everything thing to do with Windows.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.