[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just installed linux Mint, how do i change the ugly as fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: zune theme.png (59KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
zune theme.png
59KB, 600x375px
I just installed linux Mint, how do i change the ugly as fuck green to orange?

I want it to look a bit like the zune theme for windows xp
>>
>>58572754
>Mint
you dun goofed
>>
>install Mint instead of Ubuntu
how do I turn this orange wtf??
>green is a worse theme colour than orange
>zune
>XP
I don't like you
>>
>>58572754
>mint

I dont understand praise for this leakiest of leaky distros

https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxmint/comments/58o92b/dirty_cow_vulnerability_in_linux_mint/

Seriously, hours and days for babies first exploit. you're mental if you use this distro for anything else than /g/
>>
>>58572754
Install gtk-theme-config. You can change accent/highlight colors of GTK themes from there.
>>
>>58572781
>>58573041
>>58573074
Is Buntu Mate better then?

>>58573093
Thanks
>>
>>58573105
Don't listen to them, mint got hacked once and and it discourages you from kernel upgrades, but they cleaned up their act. As fine as any Ubuntu remix.
Just remember to upgrade your kernel from time to time.
>>
>>58573105
Mint is fine. Just look for a gtk theme that you like.
>>
>>58573128
>>58573131
First i was gonna install Ubuntu Mate but then Youtubers told me Mate is filled with bugs, then /g/ told me to install Mint and now that's shit too.

What's the difference between Mint and Mate?
>>
>>58573140
one is a distro, the other is a DE
>>
>>58573131
>>58573128
>Mint is fine. Just look for a gtk theme that you like.

observe the priorities of rice faggots.
>>
>>58573140
Mate is a desktop environment, Linux mint is an Ubuntu-based distro that offers the cinnamon and mate desktop environments. Ubuntu mate is an Ubuntu bases distro that only uses mate as a DE.
Mate is stable last I checked, why don't you like mint?

>>58573168
Read the OP, it's literally a ricing question.
>>
>>58573168
Remember you're on a thread about changing a particular shade of green to orange
>>
>>58572754
You go into the settings and change the color to orange.
Did you even try?
>>
even when you must rice, stand with a solid base. which is not, never has been and certainly never will be mint
>>
File: 1381805858730.jpg (167KB, 550x544px) Image search: [Google]
1381805858730.jpg
167KB, 550x544px
Don't listen to /g/, Mint is fine.
Use it till YOU feel like distro-hoping.

If you listen to /g/ you'll go from Mint, to Xubuntu, to Fedora, to Debian, to OpenSUSE, to Arch, to Gentoo and finally, to LFS.
And when you notice, you will have turned into a wizard whose only priority is compiling some shitty obscure program from source that I'll break some something on your system.
>>
>>58573296
*will break

Sorry for my englando.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.