[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Gaming Laptops worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: razer-blade.png (82KB, 824x644px) Image search: [Google]
razer-blade.png
82KB, 824x644px
I'm considering buying the Razer Blade (QHD with GTX 1060 and 520GB SSD)

I want to build a computer but having the option to carry it around seems very helpful. What do you guys think?
>>
>>58569551
If money doesn't matter to you
All laptops become obsolete because you can't upgrade them and the excessive heat of gaming laptops kill them even faster

I'd build a desktop for gaming and buy a cheapo laptop for basic shit
>>
The desktop equivalent literally costs half to make. Laptops have gotten a lot better compared to even a year ago, but you must consider if mobility is as important as the 200% markup.
>>
I think you should buy an actual razor blade and use it to and kill yourself.
>>
>>58569551
>Razer
>Blade
Those guys are flakes!
>>
Gaming is not worth it.
>>
good from factor and battery life > than good performance. If you want performance get a desktop, you don't need it on a laptop, just get a Chromebook, put Linux on it and upgrade the SSD/ram. way cheaper and good battery life.
>>
>>58569551
Razer ones are total garbage. Their keyboard and trackpad are complete and utter shit. Keyboard is so bad that every key is inconsistent and of different weight which means you can never type well on it. Trackpad is even worst.
>>
>>58569551
Anything you want to do on the go won't require that much power

If you absolutely need gaymin everywhere you go and every single second of your life, you can still achieve it with cheaper hardware that will last longer than some heavy ass 100C meme machine

If you're considering a gaymen laptop simply because tearing down your computer setup is a hassle when you travel, then you're already lost.
>>
>>58569551
Gaming on a touch pad just sounds awful, build the desktop and get a cheap laptop, rig and refurbished thinkpad is how I went
>>
Be honest with yourself
You don't need the power of a gaming PC wherever you go
You need a web browser and maybe, *maybe,* a text editor
Build a kickass desktop and buy a Chromebook or something if the botnet doesn't scare you
There's a good video on this called "Never buy a gaming laptop for college" or something like that
>>
>>58569678
That gun lighter was the shit though
>>
>>58569776

my nigga
>>
>>58569764
>wanting to wait less then 5 mins for a simple render

i want it to render simple scenes at least, and run blender easily
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.