[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FSF's new priorities include DIVERSITY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 35

File: kikes.png (28KB, 180x176px) Image search: [Google]
kikes.png
28KB, 180x176px
>Encourage contributions by people underrepresented in the community

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns/priority-projects/contribute

>Free software relies on contributions from community members. But systemic barriers often prevent interested individuals from becoming contributors, especially when those individuals are from groups that have been historically marginalized.

>The free software movement is a movement for everyone's freedom. It cannot succeed if it does not expand and make the effort to welcome all people.

>Initiatives like Outreachy provide support and opportunities for underrepresented people to engage with free software projects and become active contributors. By actively working to empower many kinds of people to contribute to free software, the project introduces entire communities to the concept of software freedom, via members of their community. More contributors and users, and a greater diversity of thought and experience, make the free software community stronger.
>>
lol its ded
whats a similar project to GNU?
>>
File: 1461023414490.jpg (34KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
1461023414490.jpg
34KB, 600x399px
What's so bad about this?
>>
So what?
>>
>>58560488
>>systemic barriers often prevent interested individuals from becoming contributors, especially when those individuals are from groups that have been historically marginalized.
So IQ
>TFW free software is kill
>>
>>58560488
HAHAHAHA LOONIXFAGS BTFO
>>
Good. Supporting free software should the world's number one imperative. Not including myself, of course.
>>
wtf is "systemic"?
when did this word get invented?
>>
>>58560517
They are explicitly looking for women, people of color, people from other races like asians, Indians and possibly non-heterosexuals.

Yes, you guessed correctly: they are sexist, racist and... (do we have a word for those who make a big deal about someone's sexuality?).
>>
>>58560642
stop trying to silence your opposition, sick brownshirt shithead
>>
There goes all my respect for them.
>>
File: file.png (47KB, 689x195px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
47KB, 689x195px
The girl who wants this.. Isn't even a programmer? Why do people fucking do this?
>>58560665
This is a technology board, take your nigger loving ass somewhere else.
>>
Fuck. And here I thought RMS would stand his ground, as examplified when he kicked out the libreboot dramaqueens.

What are the remaining icons of technology you can name still respecting the ancient computer geek rules of merit-above-all?

Linus, but who else?
>>
>>58560736
Sounds like sexual frustration or an attempt to make oneself feel morally superior to others.
>>
File: QAQAQAQAQA FAGGOT.png (68KB, 224x207px) Image search: [Google]
QAQAQAQAQA FAGGOT.png
68KB, 224x207px
>average and well performing companies go down the shitter when they diversity hire
>an already broken and clusterfucked organisation's product is going to break itself even more from diversity hiring
>>
>>58560488
Was stallman involved in this decision?
>>
>>58560805

>was the head of the FSF involved in this large thing

Why do I even visit this retarded place?
>>
>>58560841
Could just be a rogue contributor, Ima go ask him

"by Georgia Young — Published on Jan 13, 2017 02:57 PM "
>>
>>58560736
She recently got a CS degree according to her linkedin, so she has enough domain knowledge to do the job. Aside from that, she's a program manager, which isn't a technical role. This is fussing over nothing.
>>
File: 0d8.jpg (31KB, 604x608px) Image search: [Google]
0d8.jpg
31KB, 604x608px
>Diversity:
>Transracial
>transsexual
>white males
>incoming
>>
>>58560895
I think I've actually met this bitch at KDE Akademy in Brno. She definitely can't code, but her position otherwise seemed legit.

IIRC "inclusivity" in legit context mostly means getting sponsors to pay for plane tickets & get hotel rooms for poorfags and such, basically the decent kind of AA where the playing field is only leveled, but not the "remove triggering master/slave from glibc" or diversity quota sort of thing (that was the libreboot tranny who exploited FSF as a personal tumblr blog).
>>
File: Stallman E-mail.jpg (608KB, 1901x1188px) Image search: [Google]
Stallman E-mail.jpg
608KB, 1901x1188px
This is what I'm about to send him
>>
>>58560488
this is bullshit, the only bar to entry to contributing to or starting your own free project is ability and interest. and if you have the interest, you'll acquire the ability.
>>
>>58560622
Heterophobic?
>>
>>58561201
Sounds pretty well worded. Maybe try to work on some clarity when it comes to geek feminism, the sentence is a bit meandering to read, though I can't really think of how to put it shorter.
>>
>>58560488
The FOSS community is progressive and forward thinking. Diversity and inclusion is part of a better future.
Pls. confine you're racism frog posting to you're containment board. Fucking deplorables.
>>
>>58560488
>le gnJew
>>
>>58561201
>>58561281
added

The website promoted above, Outreachy has this posted on their website
https://www.gnome.org/outreachy/#participants

"Currently, internships are open internationally to women (cis and trans), trans men, and genderqueer people. Additionally, they are open to residents and nationals of the United States of any gender who are Black/African American, Hispanic/Latin@, American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander. We are planning to expand the program to more participants from underrepresented backgrounds in the future."

Clearly this would not help everyone and anyone get into a movement like the FSF or others, It only assists those a deemed "oppressed" despite those individuals having the same rights/opportunities as anyone else. Which is clear discrimination against anyone not in that list of groups.
>>
>>58561201
What kind of retard quotes like that?
>>
>>58560745
You've obviously never taken a look at stallman.org's political notes section.
>>
>>58561201
What about:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy

Maybe we could ask explicitly about that:

>December 2015 round, the program opened to people of color from groups underrepresented in technology in the United States, in addition to being open to women (cis and trans), trans men, and genderqueer people internationally.

"Does it mean because I happen to be eastern european white hetero cis male living in debilitating poverty, will I be excluded from the outreach program because I'm not black, woman or LBGT? And if so, what is the reasoning behind calling this program 'inclusive of disadvantaged groups'".
>>
>>58561367
Just need to move some of the quotes around

>>58561281
Changed to

As for the final bit on the page:
"Adopt a code of conduct for your free software project's community, and enforce it. Geek Feminism offers a useful anti-harassment guide for technical communities."

These types of policies seem to assume guilt, and attempt to put in place rules for interaction and speech that only exist to protect a person's ideals or feelings, when feelings and ideals need to be challenged for progress to occur. It is simply unnecessary as the only such policy that need exist is already within most individuals being something to the effect of "Don't be a dick".
>>
>>58561281
Yeah it's an email. Cluttering it with commas and verbosity is fucking annoying.
>>
>>58561388
I did, I'm oldschool commie like him. He used to cover his ass from all sides, similiar to Zizek.

Which is why his sudden change in stance from "social justice for all" to "social justice for arbitrary subset of disadvantaged groups" so baffling.
>>
File: Stallman E-mail2.jpg (732KB, 1901x1188px) Image search: [Google]
Stallman E-mail2.jpg
732KB, 1901x1188px
>>58561392
going a bit off topic there...

Round 2
should be short and concise enough now
>>
>>58561201
>https://www.fsf.org/campaigns/priority-projects/contribute

you're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>58561487
HARASSMENT !!
HOMOPHOBIA !!

get out of here shit lord this is a safe space where feelings come before logic.
>>
>>58561458
you forgot to sign your name and include your contact info
>>
>>58561510
That's already in my e-mail address, I've had a number of interactions with RMS before, I'm sure he somewhat recognizes me by now

the last thing I sent him was a few articles when NVIDIA added telemetry to their drivers
>>
>>58561507
calling me a shitlord when you're the one plowing the local YMCA

why don't you go join the women's march with your slacktivist faggotry.

if you care about something and have any balls, start a fire or stfu.
>>
>>58561399
Fair enough, your version does not need to descent into a car analogy.

>>58561458
I think it conveys the message of this thread across pretty accurately. gj anon.
>>
>>58561528

i'm sure he never bothered to read anything you sent.
>>
>>58560775
Having seen this first hand in startups, it makes me sad as he'll to think FSF is going through same way.

I'm still liberal, but we can help those communities more with a great free as in freedom product than we can lowering standards and placating people who think they deserve praise for being darker than the average contributor.
>>
File: RMS depression.png (14KB, 462x389px) Image search: [Google]
RMS depression.png
14KB, 462x389px
>>58561550
I don't think you understand, RMS reads everything sent to him
>>
Why can't I just get free software. I don't want any of this commie bullshit.
>>
File: RMS and D&D.png (41KB, 1099x703px) Image search: [Google]
RMS and D&D.png
41KB, 1099x703px
>>58561550
>>
>>58560488
Good news. Free software would be worthless if it stayed stuck in the past.
>>
File: _.jpg (2MB, 1333x1897px) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
2MB, 1333x1897px
>>58561201
>>58561458
Watching this thread for the reply. Gj anon
>>
So what? Diversity is a trait of community. I see nothing wrong here if what the FSF is focusing on is community, because free software is all about community.
>>
>>58560488

Because getting more people involved in Free Software is bad.

Uh huh.

Take your shit back to /pol/ and never come back.

Because you clearly don't fit in here.
>>
>>58562880

Follow-up

It's like a mental illness among the /pol/ crowd that encouraging one group means discouraging others, when nobody said anything at all about discouraging "white hetero male cisgenders."

It's probably that instead of being "discriminated against" you're an asshole and nobody wants to deal with your drama.
>>
Looks like the Jews finally found a way to destroy FOSS.
>>
>>58562835
>>58562880
Give one instance in which forced diversity has NOT been detrimental to a company.
>>
>>58562962
>>58562880
It says plainly exactly who is allowed into the program

https://www.gnome.org/outreachy/

Currently, internships are open internationally to women (cis and trans), trans men, and genderqueer people. Additionally, they are open to residents and nationals of the United States of any gender who are Black/African American, Hispanic/Latin@, American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander. We are planning to expand the program to more participants from underrepresented backgrounds in the future.
>>
>>58562995
>Latin@

Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>58562991
>>58562962
>>58562880
Yahoo is currently getting fucked for trying to force diversity

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/07/lawsuit-yahoo-ceo-tried-to-get-rid-of-male-employees.html
>>
>>58562995
>Latin@
>>58563010
Is that a real thing or just a typo?
>>
>>58563029
I've seen Latin@ and Latinx before. These goddamn feminists are raping the Spanish language harder than any Puerto Rican or Dominican ever did.
>>
File: niggers.png (59KB, 649x509px) Image search: [Google]
niggers.png
59KB, 649x509px
I can't believe it, what happened to you 4chan?

the only people who don't hate niggers are those who have never had to deal with them

and yes, I have actually been assaulted in the past. guess what race they were?
>>
>>58561639
>I'm still liberal
kill yourself
>>
>>58563055
I was wondering what that poster said. I got to that thread too late. We really need a purge of SJW mods. It's one thing to ban someone for spamming "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" all over it's another to censor their opinion because you've been indoctrinated by Jews to love primitive, violent apes.
>>
>>58563055
phone posting redditor niggers flooded in. CTR targeting 4chan also didn't help.
>>
>>58563055
This post is hate speech.
>>
>>58560488
Fuck off back to your containment board
>>>/pol/
>>
>>58560622
homophobic?

almost
>>
>>58560622
>They are explicitly looking for women, people of color,

The main point he is making is that they are looking for these people regardless of their skill and at the detriment of others.
>>
>>58560622
trying to help underrepresented people is now racist, sexist.. How the fuck do you come to that conclusion? And I don't necessarily agree with this shit, I mean they're not really underrepresented if they're a minority. But your comment is just retarded
>>
>>58563424
>how the fuck do you come to that conclusion?

you've said it yourself
>they're not really underrepresented if they're a minority

you can't expect to have half the building you work in be undesirables if there are only so many of them in the general population
>>
Stallman is a red commie Atheist so what did you expect?

It's time to go back to your Unix roots m80s.
http://harmful.cat-v.org/political-correctness/girls-in-CS
>>
>>58563424
They shouldn't be actively trying to help minorities. There are standards and expectations and if a person meets those standards, they should get the job. No company should be looking specifically for a DeShawn Jackson or a Malala bint al-Qunbula just to meet quotas.
>>
>>58563055
>I can't believe it, what happened to you 4chan?

The election put it on the radar, we're being shilled. And some true believers useful idiots probably do it for free. Entryism, the oldest leftist trick in the book. The traditional media has declining influence, infiltrating online communities is the 1st priority for psyops now.
>>
>>58563680
>gov't isn't responsible for that
>companies aren't responsible for that
>NGOs and NFPs aren't responsible for that
>no, we don't believe the poor should get fucked, that's just gommie propaganda
>>
File: 1410439291410.jpg (108KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1410439291410.jpg
108KB, 900x900px
So sick of /pol/ shilling their anti-SJW memes on /g/ constantly

Fuck off, we get it, you don't like diversity initiatives.
>>
>>58563777
Waste of trips.
>>
>>58563824
>le epic trips! praise kek!!!!
Fuck off to /pol/ or whatever reddit shithole you came from
>>
>>58563836
What organization do you work for?
Where can I apply to the job?

Do they at least pay 7.25?
>>
>>58563836
>is a white knight PC faggot
>tells anyone to go to Reddit
Thanks for joining us tonight, Anon.
>>
File: 1483746813120.png (73KB, 1056x869px) Image search: [Google]
1483746813120.png
73KB, 1056x869px
>>58563860
I'm not PC, I'm just sick of /pol/ invading /g/ with these shitty threads trying to "redpill"

Now fuck off back to your containment board
>>
>>58562490
something about the shape of her nose bothers me
>>
>>58563860
This has nothing to do with being left or right-wing. This is about being a decent human being, i. e., not racist. The right isn't about racism. You can be conservative without attacking blacks gratuitously by calling them the n-word. I don't know why you guys do that, it's not even funny.
>>
File: libreboot.jpg (115KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
libreboot.jpg
115KB, 500x491px
>>
>>58563777
This post his hate speech.
>>
>>58563930
>forever XY
>>
>>58563903
Do you not understand why there is a sudden return in /pol/ types and racist types? Things are getting out of hand. Deny it whether you want, there is one thing that is NOT subjective, and it is the statistics which are continually released by the DoJ, the FBI, and other similar state-backed outlets (not opinionated)

The amount of crimes that blacks commit is ridiculous, considering they are only 13% of the population. If you love them so much, go to detroit, go to chicago, go to camden, go to DC, go anywhere that they congregate and watch their behavior - if you even live to tell the tale

growing up it always made my stomach feel uneasy to hear racist talk and prejudices, but then as years go by and you actually witness what they do, what they are capable of, you realize that there is a genuine reason that our nation is divided, and that these views are so prevalent

again, the only reason anyone would not be "red pilled", is because you haven't actually suffered at their hands yourself.

go tell rape victims that blacks are nice
go tell the murdered that blacks are nice
go tell the people that have been mugged and robber that blacks are nice
go tell the average college student or grad that blacks made it true via merit, and not affirmative action

hard mode: go to a black community and tell them that you think they're nice, see how long it takes before they start to play with you like a cat and yarn
>>
>>58564032
Do you understand that evangelist-style posts like this are the reason /pol/ has such a bad reputation?

Why the FUCK do you think I give a shit about Camden? Go away back to your containment board now.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>58563877
It's important that everyone get exposed to the ideals of free software, not just those that are "underrepresented in society" or some shit
>>
Havn't they observed what happened to other open source community projects when they started including CoCs, and putting SJWs into important positions? It has pretty much always ended in some hissy fit, with people claiming that they had been harassed or raped.
>>
>>58564058
>Why the FUCK do you think I give a shit about Camden?
Why do I think you give a shit? I KNOW you give a shit, because you took the time to reply, you're hurt about the meanies at /pol/ being "racist"

If you did not care, then you would not have felt the need to speak up. Do I care about this topic? I certainly do, because I cannot fathom how someone could have lived in a bubble where he has not yet been exposed to reality over the course of his entire life.
>>
>>58564124
Go away, nobody cares bud.
>>
File: misnamed.jpg (11KB, 226x166px) Image search: [Google]
misnamed.jpg
11KB, 226x166px
Man i can't wait for the white race to shatter under its own negative birth rates.

When blacks, Muslims, Chinese, and others from societies and cultures with positive conservative birth rates take over, all this feminism and LGBTPQBBQ faggotry will be erased,
and only the science and technology will be adopted.
Just as the white barbarians did to Rome when it went down the drain with faggotism and female tramps being given power;
so will history repeat itself with those same barbarians who now turned into Rome at its worst.
>>
>>58564209

Leftism is the social manifestation of entropy.

It must be constantly staved off, otherwise society crumbles and gets invaded or replaced.

Whites dropped the ball.
>>
>>58564252
you say that like it would be different with any other race in charge
>>
>>58564209
Copypaste

but do you not realize the irony in what you are saying?

>When blacks, Muslims, Chinese, and others from societies and cultures with positive conservative birth rates take over

Chinese will be fine, they actually have culture and traditions, but the blacks and muslims will be too busy killing each other and themselves to actually be able to progress. This isn't even something I have to speculate about - Africa and the ME are actual war zones
>>
fsf died before it even got popular.
>>
File: aniki_is_awake.jpg (38KB, 473x357px) Image search: [Google]
aniki_is_awake.jpg
38KB, 473x357px
>>58563424
To hire someone because of their race means rejecting someone else because of their race. Same goes for gender etc. How is that not extremely discriminatory? Besides, some groups of people are underrepresented because they are a small minority or because of biological reasons. It's not the white man's fault that faggots and women like to work at clothing shops and hair salongs instead of technology companies. Why force an equal outcome when we already have equal opportunity? Stop being retarded
>>
>>58564352
>To hire someone because of their race means rejecting someone else because of their race

don't say that, they don't have an argument for it

these guys are idiots, they don't realize that diversity and racial quotes is actually reverse discrimination and racism
>>
>>58564309

Not at all, everyone is potentially liable.
>>
>>58564372
>reverse racism
There's no such thing as reverse racism. Stop using that word. It's just blatant racism
>>
>>58564312
>but the blacks and muslims will be too busy killing each other and themselves to actually be able to progress.
Quite the contrary.
When collectives are killing each other, the inevitable bloodshed only poises them to stabilize faster and advance faster to get an edge on their enemies, otherwise they might as well off themselves if they allow discipline and advancement to stall. The best outcome is when the two colliding collectives are in balance.
The same philosophy followed with the Cold War and the massive leaps between USA and USSR.
When USSR crumbled, USA also stagnated.
It was also the same rivalry between the Islamic world and the Christian world which had both Christians and Muslims at their finest in technological and scientific aspects during the Middle Ages contrary to popular fedora-belief.
Once one side went to shit, the other one followed, as evident in modern Christians being too retarded to build architecture and civil engineering marvels that they were capable of before because (muh science is the DEVIL!!!11!!), same with Muslims.
Rivalry is THE best motivator for advancement, whether from a biological or sociological standpoint.
>>
>>58564312
>themselves to actually be able to progress.

To be fair he didn't talk about progress, just taking over. Muslim do have experience on that.
>>
>>58564401
Very well thought out, I didn't see that coming from (I presume) a leftist-type

Then I have no doubts that the Muslims will survive, simply because I've read the history books too and I know that they were once thriving with culture, technology, we even have our numerical system thanks to them

The blacks will not prevail though, and since we are going to be bringing up history, do you recall that the blacks enslaved themselves? It is true that the concept the Europeans and their descendants had of slaves is different from what the Africans had, but nonetheless, they were warring amongst themselves, as well as enslaving their own. Even before the colonial periods, it is also true that there was involvement of Arabs, Euros, even Romans, but the point still stands. The Muslims and Chinese would survive then, the blacks would pass due to self-destruction.
>>
>>58563375
That is false for the case of the FSF.
>>
>>58563680
The FSF won't hire people if they are not competent to do the job.
>>
>>58564397
Then you will have to accept that there is racism against whites, and those who are not part of "marginalized" or "disenfranchised" groups
>>
Honestly, the whole "being qualified" for a job is a meme

Yeah sure there are some people out there who really stand out, and they'll get hired regardless of race, gender, etc

If companies really cared about "skill level" they wouldn't outsource and offshore everything

So my point is, I don't think you shouldn't be worried about diversity quotas as that will most likely not cost you a job whereas outsourcing probably can

t. currently employed IT worker who works heavily with indians
>>
>>58564584
Of course. Reverse racism means "I will discriminate on whitey because of the fact he's white". That's the textbook definition of racism.
>>
File: 1479843705512.png (230KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
1479843705512.png
230KB, 300x297px
>tfw white people are starting to wise up and becoming too smart to procreate / have babies so they will go extint while the mudslimes & blacks breed like cockroaches and do nothing but have wars over muh jebus / alluh
>>
>>58564032
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>58564519
>we even have our numerical system thanks to them

Invented by Indians. They, too, are capable of civilization.
>>
>>58564624
go back to /leftypol/
>>
>>58564626
I agree, and the current state of India attests to that
>>
File: Asian telling it like it is.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Asian telling it like it is.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>58564519
I'd like to argue that blacks failed because of geography, but the truth is that Sub-Saharan Africa is filled with more diamonds and oil than the barren Muslim world has managed to make wonders with, while they also have rich rivers with surrounding earth composition that is a blessing compared to the Nile in terms of farming potential.

It could be said that they are failing in the present because they have become lazy due to the free benefits they get from the moronically altruistic West,
and that they have no power-balance between themselves to push them from that laziness, while every conflict ends in a swift genocide rather than a prolonged enough war to force all sides into entrenching and advancing for every scrape of a living minute.

The Chinese are now becoming the new colonizers of Africa in any case.
Also webm related.

I'd also add onto my past post an addendum for the Russian Peter the Great.
I don't know if Peter was even aware of the genius move he made by building Saint Petersburg,
but moving a capital and your nobles and government to a frontline capital is basically ensuring an advancing nation.
The effect of those politicians and nobility being a few miles in distance from death (their enemies) forces them to forgo corruption by a vast margin and work their jobs and manage their country as if their lives depend on it, because they do if those few miles are ever crossed by an invader.
Just a mere capital city placement like that can serve as dumping a mountain of adrenaline into your country. This is also one of those great effects of stuffing humans on a line close to danger, but not quite.
>>
>>58564748
>diamonds
bad argument pal

de beers (founded by white british imperialist) monopolized the diamond market and also gave them (false) value

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rohin-dhar/diamonds-are-bullshit_b_3708562.html

so basically a white guy came to africa, stole their resources, and then sold them to gullible westerners

imperialism did more harm then good in Africa's overall case, not just talking in diamonds
>>
>>58564032
Wait a second, so you are complaining that blacks are unequal, but when we try to make them equal, you don't want us to do that. Sounds weird, it's almost as if you WANTED blacks to remain "inferior"...
>>
>>58560488

Free software foundation is getting BLACKED
>>
>>58564352
>It's not the white man's fault
Yes it is. You can't expect people whose parents are extremely ignorant and uneducated due to being discriminated for centuries by the WHITE MAN to be easily into tech careers. That's why there are scholarships and programs to help them catch up
>>
>>58564372
>To hire someone because of their race means rejecting someone else because of their race
where were you when this was the normal thing to do? Less than 50 years ago, people were rejected because of their (non white) race all the time.
>>
>>58565474
Actually, yes I can. There is no more discrimination of black people from polite society any more and this has been true for decades. The biggest predictor of individual success is the amount of self-control an individual maintains as a child. A black child who has no father, who lives in a society where you get magic money for being useless and pumping out children, this child isn't likely to exhibit self-control as a child. This will therefore not grow up to be anything more than a useless sack of meat who holds no respect for anybody who is not a brother.
>>
>>58565496
Yes, but you've completely missed the point

So to solve racism, the solution is to perpetuate racism?
Do two wrongs make a right?
>>
>>58560488
>white, virgin autismos create computer science and fsf movement
>whole solutions are developed, tested, and deployed through faceless forum posts and email chains
>2017, lel women, pajeets, and beaners want to take it all over

where did it go wrong?
>>
File: RMS.png (19KB, 615x494px) Image search: [Google]
RMS.png
19KB, 615x494px
He replied, breaks my heart, they got to him /g/.
>>
>>58566427
Wait, was that all he said?
>>
>>58566427
Ask him to elaborate, what he feels these barriers are and how the fsf can legitimately address them.
>>
>>58565980
It depends on the field. The difficult ones are still just like they were before. Go develop codecs, crypto, compression, compilers or other fun C-things and avoid web dev etc. like the plague
>>
>>58566461
that's the entire e-mail response

>>58566465
don't really wish to bother him further, he'll probably just reference the same things the other leftists do
>>
>>58566488
>>58566427
>tfw even your autistic hero falls to the trap of leftist thought

why???
>>
>>58566557
What did you expect, he's commie scum
>>
>>58566557
>just want free as in freedom software
>get social outreach and diversity
JUST
>>
>>58564624
b-but i just came from there you fucking nigger cuck,
>>
>>58566617
GNU hasn't given a shit about software for the 10 years at least
>>
>>58566557
>>58566617
The free software movement is literally about social justice, and the GPL is basically left-leaning borderline communist

Does this really surprise you?
>>
File: 1484794228341.jpg (36KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1484794228341.jpg
36KB, 800x450px
They jumped on the bandwagon awfully late. Why do this now??
>>
File: CHI.jpg (54KB, 474x508px) Image search: [Google]
CHI.jpg
54KB, 474x508px
>>58560488
>tfw gay mestizo
It's a good feeling.
>>
>>58566664
I realize that Stallman is basically a commie, but FSF and GPL itself isn't inherently a left-wing concept. Advocating for user freedoms is universal.
>>
>>58566692
This is actually how i felt too, I thought we were all computer nerds here, not pink haired assfaggots
>>
Stallman is socialist, not communist.

Learn the difference.

>inb4 l-ll-LL---LLIBERAL! LIBERAL! GO AWAY!
>>
>>58566692
>forbidding someone from doing something unless their end product contributes to the community as a whole
Yes, it is a commie license.
>>
>>58566746
Nobody cares pinko
>>
>>58566746
l-ll-LL---LLIBERAL! LIBERAL! GO AWAY!
>>
>>58566753
If you want to use GPL code, you must follow the terms of its license.

>wah why can't I steal your code and release crap proprietary ware
Deal with it.
>>
>>58561439
Maybe he's desperate. Does anyone but /g/ even give a shit about FSF and rms?
>>
>hating community enough to call any attempt to be social 'communist'
I'm not that liberal but this is extremely stupid
>>
>>58566805
Stallman supported a self-described democratic socialist for president. At that point, you're splitting hairs and it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>58560488
They were a leftist communist group anyways who agrees with forcing everyone to use free software which is communist, the GPL isn't communist, it's capitalist but GNU has very few good packages anymore, they still have coreutils, Bash, GPG and some other cool things I guess but it has all been replaced with better replacements and it's best to avoid GNU like the plague at this point, if there is a replacement that is equal, better or suffices your needs then use it, they made dangerous shit like GCC and GNUTLS too, I trust them to not sell my data but their code is shit and so is their standards, I do still use Linux-Libre though because I don't want a closed source kernel but them making whole outdated forks just because of MUH NONFREE ARTWORK or JAVASCRIPT is retarded and actually making it harder on themselves to make friends or act normal.
Gentoo is everything GNU hates, it promotes choice which isn't possible in their standards, you must run ONLY free softwarez!
>>
>>58565138
Diversity isn't equality. There's a huge difference between hiring the best people for the job and hiring one person of each race and gender.
>>
File: RMS political notes.png (109KB, 1077x779px) Image search: [Google]
RMS political notes.png
109KB, 1077x779px
Is this legit?

https://twitter.com/RMSPN
>>
>>58566897

What are you going to use BSD?
>>
So Linus is our guy then?

"Some people think I'm nice and are shocked when they find out different," Torvalds said in response (quoted via multiple Twitter accounts of the event). "I'm not a nice person, and I don't care about you. I care about the technology and the kernel—that's what's important to me."
... and on diversity, he said:
"the most important part of open source is that people are allowed to do what they are good at" and "all that [diversity] stuff is just details and not really important."

https://archive.is/9wb2V#selection-2427.0-2439.170
>>
>>58566692
No, the GPL reflects a gift economy which is a communist concept. You just agree with some communist concepts but have been brainwashed to hate communism since an early age while not knowing what it is. Just try reading more about it.
>>
>>58567045
No, Linux
GPL isn't communist, the FSF is
I use Gentoo
>>
>>58567074
>get paid to write GPL code
>gift economy
How about no.
>>
>>58567078

Well then whose coreutils are you using?
>>
>>58567012
rms mentioned himself on his website that he would never use social media, and even goes so far as to ask that people who takes pictures with him not post them on social media sites

no, that is not him.

>>58567069
pretty badass, I know its been a meme to throw random names out there at who the new sticky should be, but no bullshit, torvalds should be sticky now that RMS has gone muh diversity
>>
>>58567098
I still use SOME GNU shit like the coreutils only because busybox is a botnet
>>
>>58560488
I told you guys Stallman is a commie kike but you wouldn't listen
>>
>>58567069

I bet you that the Linux Foundation's opinion is something that closer matches the standard corporate opinions.
>>
>>58567104
>pretty badass, I know its been a meme to throw random names out there at who the new sticky should be, but no bullshit, torvalds should be sticky now that RMS has gone muh diversity

RMS has an official twitter account he never uses
I don't know if it's ran by stallman, but the twitter does link to his site

https://stallman.org/archives/2016-nov-feb.html#19_January_2017_(Ethics_Committee)

8 June 2016 ("Diversity programs")

Many companies adopt "diversity programs" to overcome bias in hiring, but they don't reduce the bias, they only convince the staff that there is no bias.
>>
File: to berncucks.png (213KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
to berncucks.png
213KB, 640x359px
>>58567069
he is unironically /ourguy/
why the mods decided to sticky an image of that fat commie meme instead of the God of Computing is beyond me
>>
Writing was on the wall when they let that genderfluid weirdo into the FSF.
>>
>>58564352
>To hire someone because of their race means rejecting someone else because of their race. Same goes for gender etc. How is that not extremely discriminatory?
The practices are already discriminatory, moron. It's just the premises used aren't questioned by racists and so they blindly think their judgment is objective. You lack the critical thinking skills to recognize your biases.

>"Here we have applicant Jim. Hmm... he doesn't have all the certs HR asked for. Good for him to know they normally just pile those on, and that he should try to get to the decision maker where he can be judged on skill! That's the smart, go-getter attitude I want!"
>"Here we have applicant Jamal. Hmm... he's seems to be missing the certs we asked for. Who the fuck does this guy think he is, wasting our time? Why the hell would I want an unqualified applicant? I bet he thinks he's going to get special treatment because of his race! Well he's in for a shock since I only judge based on merit!"
>"Ok, so Jim got 60 out of 100 questions right. That's pretty good! I remember how worried I was when I started out that my inexperience would torpedo my chances, but that's not really a concern since we can teach him what he doesn't know! We can get him up to speed pretty quickly.
>"Hmmm... Jamal got 80 out of 100 right. Jesus Christ, the nerve to even hand in such a piece of shit. How could we hire someone who's wrong that fucking often? What if it was a critical situation? Would 80% be good enough? I demand better out of myself and I'm not going to lower my standards for anyone!
>"Jim answered this question in a different way than I would have. But he still got it right. Good for him!"
>"Jamal answered this question in a different way than I would have. WTF. Doesn't he know we have standards for a reason? Does he think we're just going to accommodate him going off the rails like this? He should've done it MY way, because that's the only right way!"
>>
>>58567299
Look, I'm not even trolling when I say this, this is not a legitimate scenario as blacks don't even apply to jobs

Again, I'm not bullshitting. I realized that this isn't a meme either after I drove through a major city (and the actual heart of the city too, the commercial/downtown district with skyscrapers and everthing) one morning, and there were black guys everywhere just walking around during standard work hours
>>
>>58567299
>Jamal got 80 out of 100 right
*Jamal got 08 out of 100 right
WE
>>
>>58567323
>turned away in favor of the white guy
>stop trying so hard
>"LOL, look, they ain't even trying! I didn't have a problem getting hired! There's no actual racism here, it's just they're lazy because they're black!"
>>
Given the fairly limited funds of the FSF and the amount of charlatanry seen in these areas, I don't expect much. We can hope though.
>>
>>58567299

Are you expecting rational discussion here? You're talking to people who are completely ignorant of the hiring process and like to scapegoat indians and women for all that is wrong in the tech industry, all while naturally thinking they are gods gift to the industry if only anybody recognized their "intelligence"...
>>
>>58567299
The burden of proof is on you to actually prove this happens on a large scale basis. And no, differences in outcome is not proof of your stupid fantasies about everyone secretly being racist.
>>
>>58567391
Tell me more about the hiring process, as you appear to be an expert on it.
>>
>>58567365
again, you're missing the point

they DO NOT apply to begin with

when was the last time these guys applied for a job?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Joq5ZhTkp0s\

or this guy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea_Gy3lo9mM

or this fine gentleman?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdtfDaCUk_o

what world do you live in, that professional black men are constantly applying to jobs? I'm not sure if it exists. Are there black guys with jobs, black guys who are professionals? Of course there are, but the are a minority within a minority - nearly nonexistent

and I can assure you, those guys are actually getting jobs, most EOE settings are more than happy to have them on board, it makes them look better
>>
>>58567299
Company A skips Jamal, hires Jim the shitter
Company B, competing with Company A in the same market, hires Jamal
>>
>>58567412
Recognizing your own biases is something you do yourself. Once you do that you won't be asking for proof, because you'll have it.
>>
>>58567476
>just listen and believe
again you need proof
>>
>>58567432
Company B hires Dave.
>>
>>58567489
Who wouldn't, what a dreamy hunk
>>
File: applyingtojobsallday.png (958KB, 1271x714px) Image search: [Google]
applyingtojobsallday.png
958KB, 1271x714px
>>58567476
these poor saps apply to jobs all the time
>>
>>58567486
Recognizing your own biases is something you do yourself, child. You're already starting on the wrong foot thinking that Truth is up to your judgement and that anything that doesn't force its way in is false. You need to recognize you are an ignorant fool who builds houses on sand, and learn to get past that. I can't do that thinking for you.
>>
>>58567545
My own biases have literally nothing to do with this discussion.

Again, offer facts and evidence that support your claim.
>>
>>58567545
Insulting somebody just makes them dig their heels in. Did Jesus insult the people he wanted to save?
>>
>>58567553
>You must make me believe it or it is false!
It's something you'll understand when you grown up.
>>
File: 14778680.jpg (244KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
14778680.jpg
244KB, 1300x866px
>>58560622
For real. I live out in the fucking sticks. I got a business degree but a shit job is all I can get around here. Made about $32,000 last year. Poor as fuck. I got no broadband at all. My choices are: 1. Tether cell phone, 2. Satellite shit, and 3. "DSL" over phone modem. I'd say I qualify as underrepresented, marginalized, and have significant barriers to getting a job in Silicon Valley. You think they are thinking about someone like me when they talk of "diversity"? Also, let me know if they are partnering up with AARP to get more senior citizens involved into programming. Somehow I doubt it.
>>
>>58567557
Taking it as an insult just proves their immaturity. That they treat their opinions as their identity and so cannot question them.
>>
>>58567365
I can't tell if you're baitposting or actually are this dumb
>>
>>58567564
>>58567545
you still haven't addressed me here >>58567431

are you going to pretend that the people who live in ghettos and peddle drugs all day don't exist? are you going to pretend that most blacks live in these sorts of areas and are on welfare?

again, yes, there are professional blacks out there, but they are a minority within a minority. you don't see them in the workplace because they aren't looking for work
>>
>>58567564
Yes you must provide a reasonable argument for your wild made up stories or I won't believe them.
>>
>>58567582

Now imagine you were in the exact same situation, but you were black, without the help of affirmative action. You would be even more fucked.
>>
>>58567615
>black unemployment is 100%!
That didn't warrant a response.
>>
>>58567545
Nice ad hominems familam
>>
>>58563055
Hiroshima nagasaki took over after mo "luggage lad" ot aka cuckmaster decided that backstabbing the community and then lying about it was the best way forward.
>>
>>58567631
What ever made you think your belief was meaningful?
Just another premise you have failed to question.
>>
>>58567640
How so? My county is majority black and American Indian, btw.
>>
>>58564940
And the nignogs couldn't do it because...?
>>
>>58567664
>attacks the very premises of his reasoning
>"ad hominem"
>>
>>58567675
I can't tell if you're trolling or just an idiot.
>>
>>58567687
>Child
>Ignorant fool
>Not adhoms
Wew
>>
>>58564940
>huffingtrash
really?
>>
>>58567696
You're under the impression the world revolves around your believing something. That makes you the idiot.
>>
>>58567582

That' doesn't mean that what exists isn't necessary. If anything, you're making a good case for widening its scope.
>>
>>58567710
That's a completely false assertion.
>>
>>58565146
winnetka is a super liberal, super rich, and super white suburb of chicago. it would be more surprising if they weren't nigger lovers.
>>
>>58564940
>HuffingtonPost
>HUFFINGTON POST
This is bait
>>
>>58567700
>he thinks he knows everything
And you question that you are a child?
>>
>>58567718
You seem to find the negation impossible.
>>
>>58567731
I didn't question anything, i'm not the guy you were arguing with familam
>>
>>58567675
This is enough, I sincerely apologize on behalf of all of /g/

I concede that you've been right all along. Blacks are pretty cool guys - they doesn't afraid of anything. I think you should move to a majority black country in Africa, where there are no discriminatory practices. Your quality of life will improve vastly. I'd even be willing to pay for your airfare and shipping for your furniture

How about Liberia?
>>
>>58567741
Are you going to support your case any time soon or just continue to accuse me of things and sidestep the issue? I'm not sure what your aim is, but you have indeed annoyed me, so good job.
>>
>>58567679

Wait, you're telling me that the people who were able to move and find better opportunities moved, while those who didn't have the means were left behind, and are somehow disproportionately black and native american?

I am shoked. Shocked I tell you. Thanks for making my point for me.
>>
>>58567742
You took issue with the combination of "ignorant fool" and "child." A true adult recognizes that we are all ignorant fools as we are not born with perfect knowledge nor the tools to acquire it. Your ignorance of even this means the label "child" fits quite well.
>>
>>58567696
>What ever made you think your belief was meaningful?

I'd say troll
>>
https://www.fsf.org/about/staff-and-board
>>
>>58560622
>people from other races like asians
kek, no

Asians are over represented, possibly even more than whites. The government just sued Oracle for hiring too many Asians.
>>
>>58567757
>Are you going to support your case
It's your case. You're just incapable of seeing that, and it's pretty sad.
>>
>>58567805
Oracle hires a shit tonne of Friends From The Subcontinent, for sure. I don't know why they're being sued over it. The government opened that door, after all.
>>
>>58567821
OK troll confirmed then.

Prove that the widespread racism you made up actually exists.
>>
>>58567848
See
>>58567848
Why would you think the ignorance of the population at large would be any less than the ignorance you are showing?
>>
>>58567847
The government filed a bunch of discrimination lawsuits this week because they wanted to get them started before Trump shuts that shit down (he can tell them to fuck off on new ones but it would look pretty bad if he interferes with lawsuits that have already been publicly filed).

I was surprised at the asian part of the lawsuit. It included that standard "you're paying white males too much" but also went after them for having the wrong ratios of minorities.

Fuck affirmative action rules for federal contractors (aka every single large company).
>>
>>58567868
Not an argument.
>>
>>58567878
You think that all others are special to have not been born with your racism? That's a pretty tall claim.
>>
My only encounter with FSF volunteers was kxra back in my Reddit days. She was insufferable. It's no surprise that strain of temperament has worked its way up through the levels of the FSF heirarchy.
Just took a peek at her Reddit profile. Jesus, she's moderating half the libre world still.
https://www.reddit.com/user/kxra
>>
>>58567897
I'm still waiting for an argument.
>>
>>58567772
Then why point it out if it's a universal truth, lest of course you were using such words to insult, perhaps as a child losing an argument with some guy on the internet would
>>
>>58567902
>offmychest
that's a red flag
>>
>>58567877
It's a real mess and one that's just going to get more vicious I think. Government should bear the responsibility of those it jumps into bed with rather than forcing warped anti-freedom "justice" upon private entities.
>>
>>58567908
>Then why point it out if it's a universal truth
Because the greatly ignorant haven't grasped it.
Knowing that your system of logic is full of potential errors allows you to start working to build a more robust system. Thinking that you stand at the center of the universe as the Determiner of Truth is failing to question your underpinnings.
>>
Diversity just for diversity sake will be the end of Western civilization

http://www.recode.net/2017/1/19/14321530/twitter-diversity-report-2016
>>
>>58567972
>Muh objective morality
Obviously if you had any sense of self worth you'd realize how this shitily this viewance of life works but obviously you haven't, good goy
>>
>>58560622
Autistic. The word you are looking for is autistic.
>>
>>58568004
Valid logic is objective. No one has said anything about morality.
>>
>>58567998
http://emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-content/uploads/The-decay-of-Western-civilization-final.pdf
>>
>>58568037
It's not so bad. China rising could be fun.
>>
>>58568046
China has no chance to rise though, all they know to do is to copy and steal from the west. If china became independent, the only thing I see them do is crumble.
>>
>>58568021
Cancel that "no one has said anything about morality" as I see what you were getting at.
Your morality is based on false, unquestioned, self-serving premises that you would naturally move beyond if you could only understand that's it's nothing but confirmation bias applied to protect the ego.
Enlightenment isn't a claim of having attained objective morality, it's just reaching a truer version of your own.
>>
>>58567299
Nice made up story you got there friendo.
Did you get that one from reddit fellow redditor?

upboated
>>
>>58567299
t. rape ape
>>
>>58568220
>racism doesn't exist, guys
>tr-trust me, I'm white
>>
>>58565928
(((they))) don't care, they profit from the divide and conquer, and the ones they convinced to want this are just out to become the same monsters they claim to fight.
>>
>>58564058
So being concerned about the Free Software Foundation wasting their money on outreach program is not revlevent to /g/?
>>
>>58560745
Theo de Raadt.
>>
>>58568310
Let me know when you have some valid points other than your nigger slash white guilt wet dream because nobody is taking your delusional posts seriously
>>
File: book.jpg (84KB, 401x589px) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
84KB, 401x589px
>>58568375
>delusional
Read a book anytime, kiddo.
>>
>>58567365
Why don't you create your own startup and only hire negroes instead of whining on a Manitoban mosquito repellant reviewing forum?
>>
this post is a repost

high priority doesn't actually mean anything, it doesn't mean they're assigned more resources to it

"outreachy" has been a thing for over a decade
>>
>>58568367
He said "merit above all" not "demerit above all"
>>
>>58568387
>his every post includes kiddo and child
>liberal commie in 2017 telling someone to read a book
L M A O
calm down faggot and stop crying, go help a nigger and fuck off a tech board with your diversity fantasies
>>
>>58568391
That's what the FSF is doing and you're whining about it on a Crimean matryoshka waterboard.
>>
>>58568387
>commit crime
>get arrested
>???
>Profit
>>
>>58568426
>commit crime
>get arrested
das raciss
>>
>>58568416
>go help a nigger
When we try to, you stop us.

It's ironic reading something like this on a thread like the one we are in right now, namely, a thread created to condemn precisely what you're telling us to do.

I mean, I knew conservatives were walking contradictions, but geez...
>>
>>58568426
XE WAS A GOOD BOI GOS TO CHARCH EVY DAY TRYNA GET XIS LIFE ON TRAK
>>
can i get a job there im a tranny
>>
>>58568442
I don't care what you do with your money and spare time

I don't want my donations to the FSF going to diversity bullshit

Same with tax payer money
>>
>>58568064
Don't be so sure of that. They're developing more and more of their own things, bit by bit and piece by piece. They went from unironically failed state in the middle of the 20th century to a functioning country today. They've still got a long way to go, but they're on the path - provided they stay stable.
>>
File: info_1_disparity.jpg (118KB, 748x529px) Image search: [Google]
info_1_disparity.jpg
118KB, 748x529px
>>58568430

Strawman. As always, you show us how much conservatism is built on ignorance.

The book never says what you're implying it does. In reality, it talks about how crimes more usually committed by African Americans carry longer sentences and harsher punishment for no reason than the ones committed by whites (i. e. cocaine possession vs. marijuana possession), and how blacks are disproportionately stopped and searched more often, etc. etc. etc.

Study more.
>>
>>58568442
Why do you feel you need to help them?
Can't they help themselves or are they actually subhuman so they need others to help them?

Now in 2017 diversity is being pushed from all sides, that story with jamal was such a retarded piece of shit that doesn't make any sense in today's society

If any company did what you described it would end in public outrage
>>
>>58568466
Depends, post some nudes, we shall see
>>
>>58568477
Tax payer money goes wherever we vote it to go, whether you like it or not. Go live innawoods or something if you don't like it.
>>
>>58568466
You can get an unpaid internship
>>
>>58568484
That simply means white people are far better at hiding their drugs and drug usage
>>
>>58568500
i want to get paid money though
like the entire point is to exchange services for money isnt it
>>
>>58568484
Funny graph you got there.
Seen any of those crime per race graphs?
Or maybe those black on white violence graphs?
>>
we tried to warn you
but noooooooooo
>>
>>58568515
Which are based on police reports? Which are provably racist? Nice circular argument there.

Does it hurt being this dumb?
>>
>>58568484
Is this illegal drug use or what? Nice infographic.
>>
>>58568520
>police reports
>racists
too much bait for me, off I go
>>
>>58568520
>Which are provably racist?
Prove it then.
>>
File: 1462155322690.png (54KB, 454x439px) Image search: [Google]
1462155322690.png
54KB, 454x439px
>>58568387
>>58568442
>>58568515
>>etc
>/g/ prefers this over /pol/
gas this board
>>
>>58568557
>>58568557

See >>58568484

Read the book >>58568387 for the source.
>>
>>58567074
The gift economy is communist, but as the GPL coerces people, it's socialist, since coercion and gifts are mutually exclusive. The MIT licence allows for a gift economy though. Technically, public domain is most compatible with a gift economy.
>>
>>58568572
>a cherrypicked graph and some propaganda is proof
I can explain the apparent discrepancy in the graph in a ton of potential ways. You have to do better than simply show an unequal outcome to prove racism.
>>
Non-white people ruin everything. It's so fucking obvious and yet were continue this bullshit.
>>
File: crime_statistics_01.jpg (375KB, 650x2018px) Image search: [Google]
crime_statistics_01.jpg
375KB, 650x2018px
>>58568572
>read my shill book that proves jewish occupied government's statistics that promotes diversity wrong
U ok buddy?
>>
>>58568587

>implying your "crime per race" and "black on white" infographs are not propaganda
It's like I'm arguing with George Wallace here!

>>58568601

>le jewspiracies meem
This is satire, right?
>>
>>58568596
See now you've swung all the way into Nazi territory
>>
>>58568408
Please explain your word salad.
>>
>>58568606
It is easy to demonstrate that different races commit crimes at different frequencies. That should be taken into account when crafting public policy.
>>
>>58568606
The only satire here are your posts I'm hoping. But don't worry just read another book so we can continue having this conversation with some actual facts you didn't pull out of your ass
>>
>>58568609
I don't care. It's completely true. There is no benefit to racial diversity; it only causes tension. America wouldn't need to be great again if we didn't have minorities dragging us down.
>>
>>58568632
You should have stayed in school.
>>
>>58568665
I did except not in your USA liberal brainwashing institutions. I feel sorry for you anon
>>
>>58568664
Last time I read the stats, you have a lot of minority households which do far better than the median White household. Chinese, Indians, I think Filipinos too.
>>
I've long since ceased to argue with my friends here, but I will reiterate my point here >>58563055

You are all still bleeding heart types because you've never been forced to interact with the black. Are all of them bad? Of course not, but the vast majority of them are - and when the majority of a minority consists of bad people, most of your experiences with them will be negative

I imagine that you must live either in a bubble or a very progressive city where everyone gets along, and haven't actually been exposed to the grime and grit of life. It isn't pretty, and when you finally witness the behavior of the black male, you will be forced to do some serious introspection and reconsideration over what you believe
>>
>>58568625
>>58568632
He's right that blacks commit a disproportionate amount of violent crimes on whites. It doesn't include adjusting for wealth though. How often do you hear about a rich person committing violent crimes?
>>
>>58568625

If you had studied, you'd know that is explained factors such as immigration status and neighborhood context.

https://130.154.3.8/content/dam/rand/www/external/labor/seminars/adp/pdfs/adp_ajph.pdf

>Our findings are consistent with the hypothesis that African Americans are segregated by neighborhoods and thus differentially exposed to key risk and protective factors, an essential ingredient to understanding the black-white disparity in violence. The race-related neighborhood features predicting violence are percent professional/managerial workers, moral/legal cynicism, and the concentration of immigration. We found no systematic evidence that neighborhood- or individual-level predictors of violence interacted with race/ethnicity. The relationships we observed thus appeared to be generally robust across racial/ethnic groups. We also found no significant racial or ethnic disparities in trajectories of change in violence.

So as always, ignorance is the source of all your mistakes.
>>
>>58568719
Whoa, go easy on him! He's just a teenager trying to be edgy!
>>
>>58568696
>nepotism
>>
>>58568696
>racial diversity
>lesbian
>>
File: virus.png (19KB, 946x431px) Image search: [Google]
virus.png
19KB, 946x431px
>>58568719
virus do not click
>>
>>58568719
So you're saying niggaz should git gud?
Can't be that hard to catch up with whitey with all the Affirmative Action and shit pham
>>
File: how 4chan works.png (17KB, 445x362px) Image search: [Google]
how 4chan works.png
17KB, 445x362px
Happy now?

>>58568725
>>58568729
>>
>>58568719
Jesus christ, you finally post something in this thread that's meaningful and at least I have to try to argue against.

>Our study reveals that over 60 percent of this gap is explained by immigration status, marriage, length of residence, verbal/reading IQ, impulsivity, and neighborhood context. If we focus on odds ratios rather than rawcoefficients, then an even larger 70 percent of the black-white gap is explained.

So uh, what about the missing 30%? Even if we assume everything listed here is magically fixable (it's not), there's still a pretty big gap.

This paper's biggest flaw is assuming that the differences in environmental factors have absolutely nothing to do with race.
>>
>>58568684
Chinks and shitskins? I don't care.
>>
>>58568774
>don't read that paper that contains truths that I find inconvenient guys!
>it's a virus, trust me I'm white!
>>
>>58568840
The only issue is getting special treatment for being a lesbian
>>
>>58568855
I'm not going to your virus site to get my Windows XP infected with your malware payload PDF!
>>
Switching back to Windows.
>>
>>58568850
>>verbal/reading IQ
that's the missing gap :^)
>>
>>58568899
In all fairness, the paper says it doesn't change much although it doesn't give any of its data, so you can't really verify that.
>>
>>58568864
>program = special treatment
I implied it was about socializing, not getting lesbians converted to Christianity or some stupid shit.
>>
>>58560736
Oh look, it's an ugly woman puddling it, who could have seen that coming?
>>
>>58568442
>When we try to, you stop us.
dude what?
there are literally dem programs for helping brown people
nobody is standing in anyone's way.
>>
>>58569004
This post is hate speech.
>>
>>58564623
This is why no aliens have contacted us yet.

The smart ones realized there is no reason to persist like vermin and didn't delude self with any Nietzschean ubermensh bullshit.
>>
>>58569021
>This post is hate speech.
refute the point, which is that niggers are inherently violent and criminalistic. How else can you explain the motive for rape?
>>
>>58569059
Does abusing the n-word make you feel more manly?
>>
>>58569071
>Does abusing the n-word make you feel more manly?
use is use.
does defending niggers make you feel more tolerant?
we know you are secretly racist, but fear being called that so you put up this front
>>
>Oh no, not girls. They're icky and have cooties.
Literally this thread
>>
>>58569059
>refute the point, which is that niggers are inherently violent and criminalistic. How else can you explain the motive for rape?
Not the person you are arguing with but the desire to rape is an evolutionary trait which is present in many males of many different races. Many women even admit to having fantasies about being raped. There was a time when it was benefitial for the survival of the more primitive species that we evolved from.
>>
>>58560488
>But systemic barriers

What barriers are those?
>>
>>58569133
>evolutionary trait which is present in many males of many different races
OK, but statistically, blacks rape at about 6x the rate of white people, and more than double the rate of hispanics, the next closest group.

Now, if I understand what you are saying, and it sounds like you are saying that black people lack the self control to resist their instincts?

So.. what you are saying is that black people are literally a less evolved form of human. Subhuman.
>>
But I thought stallman hated niggers?
>>
File: 1482065918926.gif (17KB, 691x543px) Image search: [Google]
1482065918926.gif
17KB, 691x543px
>>58560589
>loonix
so *BSD?
>>
>>58569203
No you made a lot of logical leaps while ignoring a lot of other variables. Can you show me a chart for rapes by species and then another chart for rapes by socioeconomic status? I'm willing to bet you probably can't, but if you did I think you'd find that white people of low socio economic status rape around the same amount as black people of low socioeconomic status. Total numbers don't mean jack shit if you don't cross compare and actually pay attention to other variables. Haven't you ever heard the phrase "correlation does not equate to causation"? For you to blame one variable when there are more variables in play than you can probably comprehend is pretty stupid.
>>
>>58569401
>rapes by socioeconomic status
there is no socioeconomic benefit for rape... well maybe theft of sex instead of getting laid by a hooker.

socioeconomic status has nothing to do with rape.
>>
>>58569436
There doesn't need to be a socio-economic benefit for it to be related to socio-economic status. That is another logical leap with no real basis in reality. People of low socio-economic status are far more likely to commit to actions which provide short term reward despite negative the possibility of negative consequences. Do you even psychology?
>>
>>58569480
I did provide a socioeconomically relevant group for comparison: hispanics, where blacks commit rape at more than double their rate.
>>
>>58563777

>you don't agree with me, back to your board, WAAAAH
>>
>>58569548
Can you show me the numbers at least? Is this just total count or is it percentage based? Even still, you are ignoring the fact that there are many other variables. You can't say definitively that any one variable is the root cause. That is something a moron would do.
>>
>>58569580
which variable do you want to assert is the reason that blacks commit more rape?

What's the socioeconomic reason that explains why blacks commit more rape?

Why are you looking for any reason except the obvious one to explain why blacks commit more rape.

Why do blacks everywhere in the world commit rape at levels above whites anywhere in the world?

You're desperately trying to find that one explanation to explain why blacks rape... fucking rape... more than whites. Are you a rape apologist?
>>
>>58567730
>>58567705
>lehuffingtonpost le le le
i knew you mouthbreathers would have too short of an attention span to read an article

it doesn't matter that it's huffpost in this case because everything in this article is true

not surprised that /pol/ retards can't into reading though
>>
>>58569676
>which variable do you want to assert is the reason that blacks commit more rape?
You're obviously stiill missing the point. As I just repeated to you, it is not possible to say definitively that any one variable is "the reason". In reality, it usually boils down to a wide variety of different variables. Sometimes hundreds, thousands, or even more. It seems likely that a wide variety of influences would be at play including (but not limited to) socioeconimic status, culture (which in this case is the fault of the society who enslaved them and then did the worst possible job "freeing" them), education (which largely correlates to socioeconimic status), and even mainstream brainwashing.
Anyways, I'm closing this tab now. Have fun with your irrational fear of black people.
>>
>>58569728
lol
claims factors
can't cite any factors
obviously im irrational

>>58569717
>huffpost
fake news
>>
>>58569796
>fake news
ah nice buzzword you fucking normie

i can post multiple wikipedia links if you'd like, but that would take longer for you to read and i'm not sure you would have the intellectual capacity to digest all that information at once

i want reddit to leave
>>
File: 0rRyyn4-1.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
0rRyyn4-1.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
>>58569945
>ah nice buzzword you fucking normie
here's your huffpo staff. no agendas here. nope plenty of diversity. totally not fake news.

>i want reddit to leave
i'm not from plebit bitch. 8/pol
>>
>>58570032
>still didn't read the article
i'm convinced at this point that you're probably a butthurt kike since that's what the article basically shits on

>8/pol
wew lad

no wonder you're a retard

it all makes sense now
>>
>>58570092
>>still didn't read the article
if its information in that article is of any value, there has to be another source for it. I'm not reading huffingpaint compost.

>it all makes sense now
says the guy on 4chin
>>
File: 1478781366435.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478781366435.gif
1MB, 320x240px
C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D

GNU/Linux awaits the same fate as SJWfox,a painful and slow death.
>>
>>58567582

$32,000
Poor

I make 10k less than you and live in one of the most expensive places on the planet. Fuck you.
>>
>>58561399
>"Don't be a dick"
Get out of here, Wil Wheaton.
>>
>>58564584
Of course. That was my entire point
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.