[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

website thing I need to do please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

Hey /g/ can someone help me I am not good at coomputer

Would it be possible to develop a website that tracks:
1.) the type of device the user is viewing on
2.) the originating website the user clicked the link for my website from

For #2, would the most straightforward solution just be to have different URLs that each increment a different variable on a server somwhere when clicked and subsequently redirect the user to my website, and then I could post a different URL on facebook vs. twitter for example, to get an idea of the proportion of visitors arriving from each different website on which a link to my website has been posted?

Also any suggestions on how a layperson could do this? I have to develop a survey btw.

Pls help, /g/
>>
>>58559172
Firstly, why not just two fields to the survey:
1) What device are you viewing on?
2) How did you find this survey?

That is completely transparent to the user as to what data you are collecting from them and requires no technical know-how.

But of course this is the *future* where respect of privacy doesn't exist, so you probably want a different solution.
>>
1) What is a user-agent-string?
2) What is a referrer?
>>
>>58559172
Without a concept of how the internet current operates against standard HTTP requests, any answers provided to you will go straight over your head.

>>58560165
The correct answer.

https://www.google.com/#q=tracking+the+user-agent
https://www.google.com/#q=tracking+the+referrer+header

There you go, little baby. I did the thing for you. Just click some links. You'll be fine. ;)
>>
File: gnome-mpv-shot0037.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gnome-mpv-shot0037.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
>>58559172
Fweep fwappers is life :3
>>
File: NSFW.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NSFW.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>58561315
Why is this show so lewd.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.