[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good book for python? Has anyone read it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1119037999.jpg (63KB, 300x438px) Image search: [Google]
1119037999.jpg
63KB, 300x438px
Is this a good book for python?

Has anyone read it
>>
Do you want to learn about derivative analytics and Python happens to be the language you're comfortable with? Then it's most likely at least an acceptable book.

If you're a beginner looking to learn Python, then no. In that case you're also most likely retarded, because only an idiot would even think that's an appropriate book to learn the basics from.
>>
>>58556438
I already know the basics but I want to learn practical applications of programming.

I've been struggling with that. I've learned and have a firm grasp of programming concepts but my next question has been "What now?".
>>
File: fawRchq.jpg (214KB, 1008x1323px)
fawRchq.jpg
214KB, 1008x1323px
>>58556519
Create something?!?!?!?/!!
>>
>>58556710
I don't know what to create. The good ideas have already been thought of and implemented - much better than I likely would be able to. Meaning my only option would be to contribute to existing projects -- not as interesting sounding.

And the ideas that have not been thought of yet required multiple PhD's to work on them. That's why I'm just looking into the next step - a bridge between my current level to the next stage.

That's why I'm looking for ideas and next steps. And quantitative finance seems interesting and a very big application of Python specifically.
>>
>>58556738
start with smaller projects then

there is a billion projects to do involving data analysis with python. start by getting a quandl account and playing with data.
>>
>>58557067
ahhhhh i don't know what to create!!!!
>>
>>58556519
This is the 3rd thread currently on /g/ I"ve found concerning "I know some programming but don't know what to program"

A significant part of programming is creativity. You're have to think of something that needs to be simplified, automated, etc and do it.

If you can't think of a problem that needs solving, then programming isn't needed.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.