[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kids these days majoring in CS in college. Absolutely disgusting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: H96566k.jpg (89KB, 740x583px) Image search: [Google]
H96566k.jpg
89KB, 740x583px
Kids these days majoring in CS in college. Absolutely disgusting.

The CS field is extremely oversaturated with programmers who are:
(1) low quality programmers who thought it was just a field that pays big $$$ and was easy, or
(2) offshore Indians that are driving the cost and quality down, or
(3) kids majoring in CS that graduated/or will graduate who thinks the major is easy (which is true, the schools dumb it down so much that any idiot can pass) and pays well, and have no passion at all for the field. When asked why they chose CS major, they will almost always say "I want to program games someday" or can't give an answer and shrug

It's an insult to my field. Especially these kids.
It's like you're a fan of a video game series because you like the gameplay/story/etc, then all of a sudden it becomes a meme and everyone now "likes" it or references it even though they probably never played past the first few hours.
Disgusting.
>>
>>58551096

what am I looking at here?
>>
>>58551118
A computer log entry from the Mark II, with a moth taped to the page
>>
>>58551118
The Worlds first bug. Literally.

OP, you're a whiny little bitch.
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>58551096
>It's an insult to my field.
Alright, stop sitting around complaining on an anonymous image board and do something then.
>>
>>58551163
>>58551165

wow that is fucking neato

saved
>>
>>58551096
To be fair you've never got past first year, so I don't know what your problem is. Actually I do, your jealous that people who don't care about something can still do a better job than you.
>>
>>58551096
This. This is precisely how I feel. I screen capped your fucking post because it describes my experience to a T.

I loved computers. I loved engineering software. And if I could go back and do it all over, I would have gone into a completely different field.

Teachers are generally fucking retards which is why they jump on memes instead of learning about, and educating their students about, a wide array of careers and career options. And steering students into the careers they are suited for. Teachers are also selfish, dishonest little pricks so they will dumb down courses and overlook failures to graduate everyone with a pulse and a check.

And I don't want to hear about "being good and rising to the top" because outside of a few outstanding IT companies this does not happen. Management has no clue about software engineering and can no more tell good from bad code then they can tell good from bad Egyptian hieroglyphics. This has long been true at Microsoft (Poosoft) and is becoming true at Apple.

EVERY project should have a Linus Torvalds being an absolute dick about code quality, but how rare is that? Extremely rare. So rare I've seen it exactly once at a startup by a fellow coder. And once the startup was sold, it was managed by MBA pricks who wouldn't know shit code if they had to eat it.

I'm actively looking for a way out of the career all these pajeets and mommy's and girl coders and "i'm gonna write game!" types want. It's shit.
>>
>>58551096
deal with it
dont be a faggot
>>
>>58551096
>It's an insult to my field
>my field
cringed hard and upboated thx for the lolz OP
>>
>>58551096
I've actually seen that notebook in person in the Smithsonian archives.

I saw that CS was becoming a meme degree, so I ended up doing EE. Dealing with hardware makes you appreciate efficiency and minimalism because of the inherent costs.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.