[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna start learning c++

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 3234529.jpg (37KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
3234529.jpg
37KB, 225x350px
c++ will be my first programming language. /g/ got any general tips?
>>
>>58542381
indent
comment
read books
>>
>>58542381
> C++
Consider stopping while you're ahead.
>>
>>58542381
http://geosoft.no/development/cpppractice.html
>>
>>58542381
Yes, learn C first.
>>
>>58542381
>got any general tips
you will fail.
>>
Yes. Shit in the streets.
>>
>>58542421
You must fail to succeed.
>>
>>58542423
He said C++, not Java.
>>
>>58542381
I would suggest picking up Scheme first. That way, you can experience beautiful abstract programming without having to worry about low-level details. Then C.
>>
Completely disregard >>58542471, even if it is your first language.

I do suggest starting with C in that case. Just get a book that introduces you to both C and C++
>>
>>58542381
You'll probably drop it before you finish especially if it's not a class, but good luck!
>>
>>58542560
This. Don't start with a humongous language like C++.
>>
>>58542381
Maybe you should start with Python and then move onto what everyone else is suggesting.

Unless pointers and memory management get your dick rock hard, you probably won't enjoy the experience that much. You can actually do shit with Python too.
>>
what language does my wife chino use for her programs?
>>
>>58542520
>>58542381
Ah yes, you want to damage their brain early to eliminate competition. Great idea! Disregard what I said OP, pick up Perl instead.
>>
>>58542434
C++ is, in many ways, Java.
>>
>>58542381

I'd say learn C first.

The learning curve in C is much more beginner friendly. Basically you put a few weeks of effort in C and you can write basic programms. And another few weeks and you can understand most C programms (even though there are endless libraries, but that's not what we are talking about here). Put in some months of learning design patterns and abstraction and you're good to go.

With C++ the beginning is exactly like C, because C++ "contains" C, as the name implies (a little bit oversimplified here). But then you look at another C++ programm and you understand exactly nothing. C++ is a great language, but you can invest a lot of time to get intermediate here. You have a lot of crazy stuff in C++.
>>
File: templates.jpg (63KB, 568x335px) Image search: [Google]
templates.jpg
63KB, 568x335px
You know why there's so much bad pajeet C++ code out there?

>pick one of the most obtuse languges known to man as a first choice

Seriously, what's wrong with people. Start with C - easy and gives you basics about how the machine works. Then dabble in some easy OO like Java, maybe some script languages - finally progressing towards meta-programming in common-lisp or ocaml, something of that nature.

Then, and only then you can dare to even consider C++.
>>
>>58542381
My wife Chino is so cute
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.