[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally replacing my sound card for a newer model. Having to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 2zs.jpg (267KB, 1600x1095px) Image search: [Google]
2zs.jpg
267KB, 1600x1095px
Finally replacing my sound card for a newer model. Having to tolerate my bullshit onboard sound made me think of every unfortunate, ignorant pissant relying on their motherboard for audio.

I'm not trying to be a snob here. I'm sorry you're too proud to know any better. But there you are. Onboard sound is shit. But because they stamp "lossless audio" on the board you actually believe you're alright. You're not.
>>
File: components.jpg (105KB, 614x314px) Image search: [Google]
components.jpg
105KB, 614x314px
I still use my Creative fx because it's miles better than onboard. The thing is about ten years old by now.
>>
>>58541460
I'm thinking it's probably older than you think. Whatever works for you though.
>>
I can't wait for the day audiophiles come out as dedicated pranksters to the world

there is literally no difference between onboard and sound card, no difference between chink 1$ earphones and 5000$ headphones, no difference between 128kbps and flac or even real life
IT ALL SOUNDS THE SAME, you can stop now
>>
Get an external dac amp like a real man
>>
File: xonar-dx-loopback-2016-02.png (169KB, 2568x1440px) Image search: [Google]
xonar-dx-loopback-2016-02.png
169KB, 2568x1440px
>>58541445
In the remote chance that you're not just a hilarious troll, I would be curious to know what exactly is wrong with your integrated sound output.
>>
>>58541518
I don't even consider myself an audiophile. I just know what sounds clean and what doesn't.

I'm glad I was able to draw you out of the woodwork though. I use 50 dollar Audiolux cans with my decade old sound card. Also, I'm in no hurry to spend extra money to make myself feel above anyone else.

Since you've presented yourself as legally deaf, I also invite you to stop. I encourage it even.
>>
>>58541552
>falling for the bait while trying to maintain superficial superiority

/hpg/ everyone
>>
>>58541561
I don't know what /hpg/ is, Mr. Samefaggot.
>>
>>58541518
128 and flac are a huge difference. $1 chinks and $200 bose are a huge difference. I agree with everything else though
>>
>>58541445
>soundcards
>not using a DAC/amp combo
Pleb
>>
>>58541545
noises and scratches when I'm moving my mouse...
>>
>>58541627
This t. uDAC2
>>
File: emiburk.jpg (786KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
emiburk.jpg
786KB, 1440x960px
>>58541768
Good. Those are real issues, not audiophile issues.
>>
>Using dedicated soundcards in the current year

Are you sure it's the onboard audio and not your speakers?
>>
>>58541460

I use a 10+ year old Creative Audigy card, but only because it has ASIO drivers and I can use it for almost real-time sound processing.
>>
>>58541518

I've heard some pretty terrible dollar store earphones
>>
My father is into vintage hi-fi audio, old analog systems, speakers, vinyls, cassettes that sort of thing. Basically he gets all the same hi-end stuff now he couldn't afford as a young man.

I shudder the day he finds out about the world of audiophile autism and sells the house for gold-plated optical cables and $10000 rocks.
>>
>>58541768
stop using shitty chinese wireless crap that emits interference

Either get better wireless crap or use a wired mouse like a normal person
>>
>>58541768
>noises and scratches when I'm moving my mouse...

Use the motherboard connector, not the front panel one. Front panel connectors use an unshielded cable to connect to your motherboard, so they pick up every interference there is.

Or just use digital audio out, and you'll ever get such problems.
>>
>>58541518
Analog connections are shit anyway. I use a noise filter and it helps a lot.
Onboard sound isnt bad compared to phone analog, but it still helps to use a noise filter with my onboard sound.
Digital wise, a soundcard is also likely to have better extension on the sound spectrum, so you have cleaner and more airy sound. Its not just the accuracy, but how much.

Bluetooth will be great, specially with ability to add a proper amp to the digital connection. I think with recent bluetooth, theres no noise issues, in the device, either.
>>
>>58542371
>I shudder the day he finds out about the world of audiophile autism and sells the house for gold-plated optical cables and $10000 rocks.

About that, I actually notice a difference when I rotate the connection to my headphone (it can disconnect). It's not banged up bent or anything, but one side must have worn out. I rotate it, and the sound balances properly between the left and right ears and I hear the notes better, that were jot there before, probably canceled out or not connecting. It literally rotates the sound as I turn it
>>
>>58542522
Either a broke lead in the plug or the socket is damaged, maybe where it's soldered to the board, maybe the socket component itself.

t. man who has no idea about audio or electronics
>>
>Snob
>doesn't use external dacs
WWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>58541518
I tried chink stuff out and I don't get it
Is it a meme or are my ears shit
Since I bought my rha t20 I cant go back to other in ears
It's a completely different world
I'm only listening to hip hop, rnb, jazz
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.