[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

javascript a shit, alternative needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 2009-09-28-book.jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2009-09-28-book.jpg
65KB, 800x600px
is there any actual language, usable on the web, with some gui libs, maybe has some jobs, super fast and not filled with crap?
and if any of you mofos say angular or nodejs I'm going to put pubes in your lunch

(python - slowing down in popularity, SLOW - fuck yall with cpython, fucking gorgeous, django - kek)
(go - no libs, no jobs, no gui libs, just webservers and shit)
(ruby - I HAVE NEVER MET A PERSON THAT USED IT, no jobs whatsoever in yurop)
(c++ - real language, messed up by legacy, a lot of junk in it, sockets - no way man)
(java - just no, I need to finish shit, has C++like legacy issues)
(scala - fake java, let's take 2 lines of java and shove them into 1 line)
(ASP.NET - Visual Studio junk, a lot of stuff is slow with this)
(PHP - tankfully it's dying out)
>>
Web assembly will save us.
>>
C#
>>
>>58534198
Xojo Web is probably the nicest, most integrated webdev experience I've ever had. It has some drawbacks and limitations and is really best suited to web "apps" and not just mere content management. But holy fuck you use one language with a tight debugger and get 100% AJAX / interactive pages without any of the glue code or overhead of other solutions.

Problem is it has a smaller user base so not a lot of jobs.
>>
>>58534198
Python slowing down in popularity? Just the whole AI world and loads of shit relating to data science runs on Python.
What do you want to hear then? Turbo Pascal?
>>
>>58534225
pic related

>>58534224
>shit libs
>12142353456 lines of code for drop down menu with XML
it's like Java but less shitty
>>
How about a "nice" language that compiles to JavaScript? Like, CoffeeScript, TypeScript, Clojure...?
>>
>>58534198
>wants to work on the web
>does not want to use javascript
lel, good luck with that

>no jobs
>no jobs
you are so entry level, op. I you were even half good, jobs will be raining over your ass in of those programming languages.

>no jobs whatsoever in yurop
what is remote working

learn your craft before complaining
>>
>>58534290
Actually web assembly is an intermediate language.

Nevertheless it's not relevant to this discussion, I only read OPs title and assumed he asked for an alternative for client side code.
>>
>>58534198
>Current year
>Still thinking ASP.Net is VS junk when the cross platform .NET Core is a thing.
>>
>>58534198
>(ruby - I HAVE NEVER MET A PERSON THAT USED IT, no jobs whatsoever in yurop)
BS. We're usually on the lookout for Ruby devs. But only ones who aren't shit, so you're SOL.
>>
>>58534198
>(scala - fake java, let's take 2 lines of java and shove them into 1 line)

Scala has jobs, compiles to machine code, JVM and javascript, has great IDE support as it has the best typing system of any language.

Scala is also the best language that may also give you a job
>>
>>58534342
>Actually web assembly is an intermediate language.

Right now, client side, we have js and ten thousand js libraries, patterns, and memes.

Does web assembly mean we can have a thousand languages x ten thousand libraries and memes? Because that would be just awesome!
>>
>>58534279
listen, I actually like Python the most form any of these languages
but it only has django, flask and that's kinda weak
bit on the slow side compared to nodejs, superslow compared to java, go

>>58534309
yeah, thought about it
like making a cake and throwing it in a dumpster but yeah
still have to watch out for JS bullshit though

>>58534364
>believes the MS opensource meme

>>58534444
scala is killing it now with startups, golang as well
>>
>>58534375
>hipster startup
>>
No way you are going Perl, but Perl is superior for every aspect of web development. Good luck OP.
>>
>>58534198
You literally have no choice for your frontend, unless you count variants like TypeScript.

Backend, just use PHP. It's not dying at all, it's by far the most widely used backend language, and is ridiculously mature. The frameworks and tooling are a lot less convoluted than those of most of the alternatives you listed. Syntax-wise, it's a pretty typical C-based language, it shouldn't take you more than an hour or two to learn the quirks.
>>
>>58534579
Having fun working on legacy systems for a living?
>>
>>58534593
>TypeScript
surely fucking looks like it

I am just waiting for some be-all end-all language that is going to sweep me of my feet - but that will never happen
coffescript , typescript look like closest match
>>
>>58534593
PHP is a cancerous tumor on the web development world that has been ignored for too long. If someone is trying to learn a language, they should stay far away from PHP, and if someone already knows it, they should move on to something else. It's slow, inefficient, there are errors that you literally just can't catch or handle (BY DESIGN), and the api/documentation is garbage (different functions taking similar parameters will have the parameters swapped around for no apparent reason).

Seriously, do not learn PHP.
>>
>>58534198

Scheme would have been awesome in the browser
>>
>>58534198
Just use nodejs faggot. And it has jobs check out the kue module.
>>
>>58534902
>what is Clojure
>>
>>58534198
Clojure.
>>
>>58534579
Perl fucking chugs cock
>>
>>58534821
this, fuck PHP, javascript is at least usable
>>
Why does everyone dislike javascript so much? Am I a masochist because javascript is my favorite language?
>>
>>58534821
>>58537037
>falling for the "php is shit" meme
>>
>>58534821

Depends on your app. If you want bleeding edge asynchronous shit, then use js/ajax. PHP is still solid after all these years. I say learn both. The more you know....
>>
File: b7c.jpg (46KB, 650x427px) Image search: [Google]
b7c.jpg
46KB, 650x427px
>>58534198
>asks for "actual language, usable on the web, with some gui libs, maybe has some jobs, super fast and not filled with crap"
>can't handle C++ or Java
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.