[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux/Unix Distribution Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: tux.jpg (5KB, 176x208px) Image search: [Google]
tux.jpg
5KB, 176x208px
Possible discussion starters:
>What's your favorite distro?
>What do you like about your favorite distro?
>What's the distro do you hate the most?
>What do you hate about it?
>What do you like about Linux in general, versus Winblows and fagOS X?
>What's your favorite shell?
>>
>Favorite shell
bash, duh
>Favorite distro
ubuntu, like %99 of everybody else
>>
>>58508153
gentoo
customizability
mksh
>>
>>58508196
gentoo is the os for the gods
>>
>>58508153

>Possible discussion starters:
>>What's your favorite distro?
Debian stable
>>What do you like about your favorite distro?
Install to usable very quickly. Stable.
>>What's the distro do you hate the most?
Arch/gentoo
>>What do you hate about it?
Fanboys who want to jerk off about using their distros, meanwhile waiting around for 2 days for x11 to compile
>>What do you like about Linux in general, versus Winblows and fagOS X?
Lightweight, does what I need it to do. Comes with nmap.
>>What's your favorite shell?
Bash
>>
>>58508153
>Mint w/ GNOME 3
>it does a good job of being a simple and easy to use distro
>there are no distros that I hate, but there are certain communities...
>I like being able to change whatever I want to my liking. I like feeling in control of my computer, I don't like the idea of fighting with your OS, having to forcibly disable undesirable features. I don't like all that bullshit happening around windows, so I migrated to Linux to stop helping perpetuate it. Microsoft won't stop fucking up windows users in the ass unless they lose market share
>fish
>>
File: Terminal_Logo_CRT_Small.png (8KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
Terminal_Logo_CRT_Small.png
8KB, 275x275px
fish is best
>>
>What's your favorite distro?
Slackware
>What do you like about your favorite distro?
There is no difference between distros. Linux is the same changing what DM or PM you use makes no difference
>What's the distro do you hate the most?
Nothing.
>What do you hate about it?
Nothing.
>What do you like about Linux in general, versus Winblows and fagOS X?
Linux is a solid OS good hackability
Windows is NSA spyware
MacOS is NSA spyware that works better then windows.
Bash
>>
File: 1478649481654.png (418KB, 885x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478649481654.png
418KB, 885x1000px
>>58508153
Manjaro
Arch
You know
Nothing, im just testing it
>
>>
>>58508499
Hell yeah!
>>
>>58508596
I like slackware on desktops, but *buntu on laptops because it is easy to set up an encrypted drive with autologin so I only need to type in one password and it goes, also when doing dev work it helps to have a common platform.

That said, for hackability, Gentoo is king. If you compiled it locally, you can fix it locally, but I haven't grokked enough of the core kernel to compile Gentoo reliably.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.