[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New bought laptop for daughter. from windows 10 to win 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Download.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Hi,

I bought a new laptop for my daughter and it came with windows 10. Since she would like to have windows 8.1 on her laptop i was wonderling if it is possible to just erase (format) everything and use an windows 8.1 iso file to install the OS. Do i have to buy a win 8.1 key or is there a key on the new machine usually? Thanks for your help
>>
It's possible, but if you want to not fuck around with keys just pirate it.
>>
>>58497192
You have to buy a license key for Windows 8.1.

The Win 10 upgrade was a one time offer to elevate your Win7/8 keys for free activation. You can't downgrade the key.

Check at the back of the laptop, there should be an OEM license key, try using it to install 8.1 and good luck.
>>
>>58497211
could you tell me whats an easy way to do so? or give some infomration where i could read about that process? Never done that before, but i guess you somehow have to generate a fake key to activate, dont you?
>>
>8.1
I could understand wanting to go to 7 but 8.1? Why?
>>
>>58497192
but why?
>>
>>58497232
what would be the benefits of going straight down to 7? is the process easier? Or is it the OS itself which is better. Sorry i am not that experienced in this field.
>>
>>58497247
7 is closer to Vista in terms of UI design
8.1 is closer to 10 in terms of UI design

7 has aero glass and uses less resources but it cannot update anymore due to a bug which M$ refuses to fix. 8.1 I have not used in a long time.

Best to stay on Windows 10, it is basically 8.1 without the bugs and better UI. Soon they will release Neon update which will make the UI even more pleasant.
>>
>>58497247
The problem is that Windows 10/8/8.1 are spyware that you can't disable. W7 isn't quite as aggressive. Also, anything newer than 7 makes regular updates mandatory. Sometimes your computer just shuts off while you're in the middle of something to update and some of these forced updates can break your system because they're not properly tested. The problem is that Microsoft will soon end support for Windows 7. It's got the better UI and is more functional over all but it's gonna bee outdated soon. The next CPU generation by Intel won't even support it.
>>
>>58497192
>Install win 8.1
> run KMSpico
>???

enjoy life
>>
>>58497330
The guy clearly new to computers, you want him to install some shady malware?

Best to stay on Windows 10 OEM and do reset PC 1 time to remove bloat.
>>
Why can't she use Windows 10? Does she have something to hide? Is she a pedophile like her dad or a terrorist like her mom?
>>
>>58497341
how exactly is KMSpico shady?
>>
>>58497330
>KMSpico
no. no. no. no. this is malware. don't listen to this guy. it's outright dangerous.
>>
>>58497285
What do you mean by 7 cannot update? Cannot receive updates, or cannot upgrade to 10 ?
>>
>>58497362
>1 rupee has been deposited to your account, Ramesh
>>
>>58497192
What's the laptop for? You can install Linux on it and forget about paying for keys, broken Windows update, and Microsoft spying on her but if Windows is a must then just buy keys for Windows 8.1 and install that. 8.1 is lighter than 7.
>>
>>58497366
That Windows Update has a bug that won't let 7 update. Its most definitely Microsoft doing so people upgrade to 10. Fuck that.
>>
>>58497192
I think that Win 10 PRO has downgrade rights included in the license. So you could use Win 8.1 legally but you would need a key to install.

For other versions of Windows 10 you're out of luck.
>>
>>58497341
how would this reset process work?
is it a method provided by the OS itself or is it some extern process?
>>
>>58497502
Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC

Select quick option which will take like 1 hour and give you a clean install. The full clean takes like 4-5 hours as it has to wipe your drive completely first.

It is totally automated process, you just have to sit back and wait, Windows will install itself with the drivers. Just connect to your WiFi or Ethernet when it asks you to.
>>
>>58497502
reset pc is a feature of windows 10. you probably don't need to do it if your daughter has to use it, your system is working fine.

mostly power users do reset pc to start again with a clean installation to remove unwanted software that comes bundled with new computers.
>>
File: 1484437916336.jpg (68KB, 696x634px) Image search: [Google]
1484437916336.jpg
68KB, 696x634px
>>58497296
>Windows 8/8.1 are spyware
thats a lie, you are just retarded to disable the services, and modify the settings.

if done correctly, you have a powerful OS.

And Metro, its great for software management. in my case my desktop its always clean with one file or folder for working stuff.
But my dad has Win7, and hes desktop its completely full of stuff (softwares,files,folders,etc...) and it uses a big monitor, so yea, its full of stuff/crap.
I cant find anything by sight, i need to search for the goddamn thing by typing the name.
>>
>>58500363
forgot to say...disable the updates, the most important.
You can disabling the anti-virus, but its optional.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.