[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro --> 4:3 into 16:9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: premiere.png (138KB, 400x400px)
premiere.png
138KB, 400x400px
Question for Adobe Premiere Pro pros. I have a 4:3 video, which I want to edit in Premiere to export as a 16:9 vid (720, 1080, doesn't really matter). So far the only way I figured out how to do that was to make a 16:9 sequence (preset, either 720 or 1080), then drag that in there and manually stretch the 4:3 until it's edges touch the 16:9 frame set by the sequence. Surely there's a better way than that right? Instead of stretching it, is there a way to just import the video into a sequence, then place something like a small 16:9 frame/scale/border OVER the 4:3 video, editing/deleting everything outside of that border, making it essentially a zoomed in 16:9 edit? Does that make sense? Am I retarded?
>>
>>58494255
Dont stretch the video OP, you have to crop the video in order to fill the 16:9 aspect ratio or create a blurred background with the same video under the original clip
>>
>>58494255
There's a couple of different ways to do this. My suggestion:

>Import video, right-click on it and New Sequence from Clip
>Do your editing
>Ctrl+M to export, media encoder pops up
>Select one of the many 16:9 presets
>In the upper left where it says Source Scaling set it to either Scale to Fit, or Scale to Fill

Scale to Fit will add borders to the side of your video. Scale to Fill will scale up the content and chop off the top and bottom.
>>
>>58494255
Yes you're retarded.
>>
>>58494518
there's no right click and New Sequence in Premiere CC 2017 though. it's not an option.
>>
>>58494421
Well yeah that's what I want, a cropped 16:9. How do I do that? Without manually having to stretch the video to fill out a 16:9 scale.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (12KB, 644x512px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
12KB, 644x512px
>>58494797
It's there in CC 2017 buddy...

Maybe this guy was right >>58494672
>>
>>58494974
my bad, i thought you mean right click in the sequence, not the media list
>>
>>58494518
>>58494974
yeah this does work. thank you! would you say this is the best way to do it? my earlier thought of just "placing" a 16:9 border into the 4:3 clip and having everything outside of the border be removed, zooming in essentially, is there a way for that?
>>
>>58495081
I'm not aware of a way to do that.
You could just create a sequence with the settings you want, and then uniformly scale up your 4:3 video inside it. For example:
>Make a new sequence @ 1920x1080, square pixels, progressive, 29.97
>Drag 4:3 footage into it, Keep existing settings when Premiere asks
>Figure out exact scale factor: Divide 1920 by your 4:3 clip's horizontal res. Example: 1920 / 720 = 2.66
>Set your clip's scale to 266% under Effects Control > Video Effects > Motion

The advantage is that you're editing in 16:9 and you know exactly what gets cropped out.

Maybe someone else knows a slicker way.
>>
>>58495284
Well yeah that's what I've been previously doing to the clip, it's just stretching it out until the black bars disappear. But that seems more destructive to the video footage than the one you first mentioned, the scale to fill option. Anyway, that will probably work best, thanks for your help! Problem solved.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.