[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Gnome-2.0.jpg (297KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Gnome-2.0.jpg
297KB, 1600x1200px
Best GNU/Linux distro & DE/WM and why.
>>
>>58493413
Gentoo and i3. Fuck you.
>>
Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon Edition 'Serena' because it looks great out of the box, is fully compatible with the dominant Ubuntu distro and offers long term support and seamless upgrades
>>
Arch Linux and XFCE 4.
>>
>>58493413

I like GNOME3 simply for the god-tier extensions.

See ShellTile: https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/657/shelltile/

That extension allows you to easily tile windows in GNOME3. There are more like it and they are easy to turn off in case you don;t like what they do.
>>
SOLUS
O
L
U
S
>>
>>58493413
Ubuntu GNOME
>>
>best distro
The one you are comfortable with.
>DE/WM
The one you like.

It's fucking childish to say "my distro is better than yours and your DE/WM is garbage." Of course, what else do I expect from 4chan.
>>
Arch Linux and KDE 5
it just werks
>>
ubuntu 14.04 LTS + i3
it just works
>>
>>58493540

This right here.
>>
>>58493413
Mint & GNOME3
It works, looks good and it feels really fast and responsive.
>>
openSUSE/KDE
>Easy
>Lovely integration of one into the other - it feels like they were made for each other
>Even in Tumbleweed, Plasma is stable as hell
>GOAT file manager + GOAT archive manager + GOAT quicklauncher
>>
>>58493413
Window Maker + Alpine Busybox/Linux.
Just works, no bloat, no GNUtard shit, GUI design by Steve Jobs
>>
>ARCH KDE 5 FUCK THE OTHER SIDE
>>
hello,

work in this field, I would like to remind users gnu+linux is not a consumer OS! it is used in specialized areas of computing i.e. supercomputers, enterprise, certain areas of software development, networking and storage management (servers).

there are reasons for this which can be loosely categorized by 'externally' and 'internally'. externally, gnu+machines are easier to maintain, cheaper and more reliable. internally, the l-kernel itself responds and is better suited to the tasks I previously mentioned.

notice that these tasks listed are generally not consumer oriented! linux is taking great steps and leaps in trying to penetrate that market but as of today and tomorrow won't be a consumer OS. If you are interested in this type OS, use XNU! It is a consumer friendly.

thank you for reading!!
>>
>>58493413
I'm running arch with gnome on wayland

I find arch easier to administer than other distros and it has great software availability.

I like gnome on wayland because it's basically the only fully-featured, mature DE for wayland at this time.
>>
>>58493655
this
>>
>>58493734
real subtle machine name
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.