[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does a guide/roadmap like the one in the image i've provided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1471664756551.jpg (113KB, 794x927px) Image search: [Google]
1471664756551.jpg
113KB, 794x927px
Does a guide/roadmap like the one in the image i've provided exist for /g/ related things?
Whenever you go to learn something like coding from the internet, you always get a "watch this video that'll teach you to do one very specific thing" or "go to this website and learn to do one very specific task" You very rarely get a guide that tells you what concepts you should be learning/practicing and in what order, you end up learning one thing and then you're shit out of luck, unaware of what you should be looking into next.

If you've got any i'd greatly appreciate if you'd share.
>>
File: guide.png (3MB, 1400x6521px) Image search: [Google]
guide.png
3MB, 1400x6521px
>>58487185
Here's an other example, this one's from the drawing board (the board about drawing).
>>
Bump for OP
>>
I'd recommend one of the following:
freecodecamp.com (for web dev)
theodinproject.com (for web dev)
https://github.com/open-source-society/computer-science (the best one - essentially a FOSS "CS degree" composed of MOOCs)
Unfortunately, there doesn't exist a catchall "roadmap", because there are tons of subfields:
Web
Mobile, which can be divided into Android/iOS
Desktop, which can vary based on desktop
Enterprise, i.e. servers and things for big businesses
Embedded
(and that's just a starter). Point is, there are tons of specialties, and given all the specialties there's no ONE guide. And for things that aren't webdev, there's pretty much none.
TL;DR:
Want web dev position? Do FCC or TOP.
Want a basic-to-intermediate understanding of the field? Do the above github link.
Want any other position? It boils down to reading a ton and coding a ton.
Best of luck.
>>
All these are "how not to be a retard for retards".
You do things, you learn by achieving them.
>>
>>58487185
for information security: https://www.reddit.com/r/netsec/wiki/start
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.