[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

singularity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: kurzweil wigs.jpg (65KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
kurzweil wigs.jpg
65KB, 750x600px
What are /g/ 's thoughts on "the singularity"?
>>
>>58484204
Not happening in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>58484204
overrated
>>
I wish it was here so people would stop shitposting about it on /g/
>>
>>58484204
jokes on you. i already wear a wig
>>
ray kurzweil is a literal faggot. he has a tranny alter persona that is his fantasy called raymona. he wants to become a borg tranny with everyone

he's a fool
>>
>>58484204
>the singularity

A popsci buzzword for the "iamverysmart"-crowd.
>>
File: 1474941631926.png (1MB, 3630x1615px) Image search: [Google]
1474941631926.png
1MB, 3630x1615px
>>58484204
An AI won't arise without being programmed. The complexity needed to create a true AI ensures it won't ever be programmed. Brain uploading is a farce as well.

All this is, is the desperation and denial of those afraid to die when their time is up.
>>
>>58484204
I think its coming, but not as fast as the media wants us to believe. I remember in the 90's early 2000's all the rage were about expert systems, until people realized the limitations of that day's tech.

Yesterday was data mining, today we have machine learning and "data science", fueled by big data and the shitton of stuff IoT is supposed to throw at it.

IA will come, but there is a long way to go yet.
>>58484438
>baby's first ad hominem
claps slowly
>>
File: 1484212105230.jpg (156KB, 434x676px) Image search: [Google]
1484212105230.jpg
156KB, 434x676px
I don't want to become one with the jews
>>
>>58485242
>The complexity needed to create a true AI ensures it won't ever be programmed
Why do you think that?
>>
>>58485242
>The complexity needed to create a true AI ensures it won't ever be programmed.
Unless an AI that is able to make changes to itself is created. But it really depends on what you mean as a "true AI". Basic AI that has the ability to learn already exists today, so something like an AGI (not sentient) could happen within this century.
Anyway, I think at some point in the future, no matter how far off, humanity will eventually understand how the brain works. Until then, we can't say that it's impossible to create sentience.
>>
>>58484204
That image reminds of one my coworkers. He had a buzzcut before his vacation. It made him look fat. After vacation, he had his hair the same length as before his haircut. He was obviously wearing a wig.
>>
File: raysinglarge.jpg (264KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
raysinglarge.jpg
264KB, 800x533px
>>58485382
>>baby's first ad hominem
>claps slowly

You either think fags aren't vile perverts that need to be executed by the state, beyond redemption and eternally fools, or you were too lazy to look up Raymona.

I guess you didn't know he meant singularity the same way Transjenner meant it

>mfw if a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them
>mfw the law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul
>mfw according the bible faggots are dogs made to be taken and destroyed
>mfw no face because i had to show you raymona
>>
>>58484204

Strictly theoretical. A quick look at what people 100 years ago thought the current age would look like shows how looking through the eyes of the present can be blind to future trends.
>>
>>58484204
The singularity is born from the fact that the last century advanced technology and humanity more than the two previous millenia before. It keeps on going since, as of today, it'll take less than a century to outdo everything humanity has done before.
One could argue that someday every year will see more advancement than every single years before. This is the singularity, the point where we're advancing so fast that every year is giving us more than everything we've done since the beginning.

In theory it could be because of AI, but that is just a theory. We'll probably hit the singularity a little bit before a true AI is born.
>>
>>58484204

Fuck off Skynet, nobody likes you.
>>
>>58484228
Fpbp
>>
I do believe that this century will be the century of AI. That doesn't necessarily mean we will see sentience emerge (which would be cool as fuck to see within my lifetime), but we will see the capabilities of AI increase, most likely at an exponential rate. This will definitely shake up the economy within the coming decades.
>>
>>58484204
It's a lie spread to our children by the government we just voted out in order for them to be more open to embracing totalitarian rule.
>>
>>58487737
This. Most people don't even understand the security risks of self driving cars.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.