[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternatives to Microsoft Word

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1370193172016.jpg (411KB, 992x1374px) Image search: [Google]
1370193172016.jpg
411KB, 992x1374px
So I am going back to college at the age of 30, and on my current desktop I have no Microsoft crap. What are some good alternatives to Microsoft word and office that are open, free software.

The writing program should meet ASA requirements. Stuff like time roman numeral and all that fun shit.

Is libreoffice the go to?
>>
>>58483756
Libre office will fit all the needs
>>
>>58484243
It regularly fucks up layout in docx files, so I usually keep my Wangblows machine for such files.
>>
FreeOffice 2016 or WPS Office 2016

When it comes time to open it up in actual MS office programs it prevents >>58484326 from happening
>>
>>58483756
WPS Office or FreeOffice
WPS Office files are literally docx files while FreeOffice files are tmd
>>
>>58484429
>>58484436
thanks.

Just need to decide between the two of these now.
>>
>>58484608
Choose WPS Office.
The (.tmd)s are trash in an MS Word viewer
>>
Please take filehiipo malware updated off that list...
>>
>>58483756
don't use openoffice
I have a doc file wiped out by question marks
and that was last time I use that garbage
>>
File: tmp_23654-snooper-1780848144.png (106KB, 354x449px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_23654-snooper-1780848144.png
106KB, 354x449px
>>58484326
When you are done in libre office just print to file as a pdf. Then it will look the same on any computer.
>>
>>58483756
I'm not sure about your requirements but in general:
- Use libreoffice and save your documents in ODF if you want to be always the owner of those documents and never depend on one entity. IF you need to share that document and it'll not be edited by other people use PDF.
- For documents that needs to be edited by more than one person i recommend online solutions like google docs. Honestly, unless you definitely need a feature only available on MSO, google docs is much nicer for working collaboratively.
- If you need to deal with Microsoft formats and you don't want to use their products you can check onlyoffice or WPS office.
- If you don't mind to use microsoft products but you don't like windows you can run MS office 2007 or 2010 on wine. I think you can run MSO 2013 with a recent version of crossver but i'm not sure about wine.

In 95% of the cases i'm well covered by libreoffice and google docs.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.