[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burgerland, TSA, waterclooing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 11r5gfm.jpg (587KB, 1599x1500px) Image search: [Google]
11r5gfm.jpg
587KB, 1599x1500px
Does /g/ have any experience with the TSA and watercooling systems?

>mini-itx Silverstone SG13
>Corsair h60
My new job gives me the opportunity to travel between europe and the USA, but I fear that the TSA could cause problems with my H60
>>
>>58483367

Just buy a gaming laptop. Traveling with a desktop is pants-on-head retarded unless you will be in one place for a period of a year or more.
>>
>>58483758
>>>/v/
you have to go back
>>
>>58483367
>TSA
>carry-on desktop
No airline will provide the necessary space to carry-on the tower in the overhead. You're not even including the monitor.

If you check the luggage, TSA isn't an issue.
>>
>>58483367
just use a laptop you fucking idiot, moving a desktop around is dumb as fuck
>>
>>58483367
Unless you're permanently relocating just get a laptop.
>>
>>58483367

Air transporting desktop computer is tricky shit, you will need to put it in the luggage part and it may get all banged up and the watercooling gets shat and spills all over your shit so you have to constantly drain it before travelling

just get a thinkpad
>>
File: sg13-dimension.jpg (192KB, 1140x494px) Image search: [Google]
sg13-dimension.jpg
192KB, 1140x494px
>>58483844
it should fit.
The monitor will be transported in the suitcase, they are not that fragile
>>
>>58484654
Get an NCase or a Dan instead.
>>
File: 1363912925852.jpg (48KB, 496x600px) Image search: [Google]
1363912925852.jpg
48KB, 496x600px
>>58483367
Your moving a desktop that often? Closed loop coolers aren't exactly super hardy. Constant trips in a cargo hold that isn't pressurized and super cold is going to shorten the life HUGELY.
>>
>>58484732
for that reason its carry on
>>
I have an AIO watercooled ATX tower that I took on multiple flights in the last few years (although none to the USA so sorry if this isn't helpful).

I boxed it in the original case packaging (polystyrene and all - hope you kept this!) and filled out the inside with a couple of towels so the components wouldn't move around. I then put each monitor (27" bezelless ASUS monitors) back in their original packaging with a plastic wrap over them for additional scratch protection. Then I duct taped both screen boxes together, screens facing inwards, so it was one bigger object with the screens well protected. I then basically took this and the pc box on as extra luggage.

On one flight I managed to then duct tape all the boxes together (PC box in between the screen boxes) and then put the whole thing in a huge plastic sack and duct tape it all down. It came to about 30kg which is exactly the limit for single pieces of luggage. If you check it as oversized luggage they handle it a bit more carefully and it wont get put on the normal baggage conveyor. I moved three times to different countries with this setup and never had any issues.

Or you could get a laptop of course but as we all know gaming laptops are garbage. and some of us need desktops for work.
>>
>>58485057
>some of us need desktops for work.
Nope, 99% of people can do fine with a laptop
>>
Get your boss to buy you a good laptop.
>>
>>58484962
carry ons have weight and space limits.
along with having to deal with move movement.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.