[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Appropriate 4chan board for topic, posting here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: FOSS.jpg (74KB, 386x291px) Image search: [Google]
FOSS.jpg
74KB, 386x291px
Ideally there would be a creative video section, but, since there isn't--

Is there FOSS and a corresponding community for video editing software?

One of the most awkward things to do in film, if done incorrectly, is text-messaging, and I'm wondering if anyone has a FOSS solution that'd basically add text messages in the style of House of Cards to the frame.
>>
>>58482850
Anything FOSS is literally shit, so no
>>
Oh what's that? The FOSS you are looking for doesn't exist. Sounds like you need to contribute and write it yourself. Oh and make sure you give everyone your code so they can fork it.
>>
>>58482850
Believe it or not, Blender actually has a really nice video editor and compositioner (along with a lot of other really nice features unrelated to video).

>>58483097
>>58483124
Dont listen to these wincuck gaymers/iBabies.
>>
>>58483149
>Blender

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>58483124
Oh what's that? The program feature you're looking for doesn't exist? Looks like you have to sit around twiddling your thumbs hoping it's added in the future, or suck the developers dick until he give you what you want.
>>
>>58482850
Do it yourself you leech.
>>
>>58483200
If its for video editing you should be creative and use work arounds you uncreative faggot
>>
>>58483229
>not creating (using a workaround you googled) is more creative than creating the software feature yourself
Sure ok anon.
>>
>>58483229

Better question:

I've done a lot of backend software development in Java and Python, but seldom done GUI work, and never done any sort of video-editing programming in any language, beyond editing stills in MATLAB.

So, what would be the tools (Libraries, frameworks,etc) I'd need if I wanted to add a visual element to a video file, from scratch, using Java?
>>
>>58483229
This anon is right. Video editing at small college for a couple years using premier
>>58483383
>>58483399
Text message special effect doesnt require any code to be written. You're just over complicating things.
>>
>>58483124
This
"free software" is codeword for cuckoldry, since everything you make literally have to be given away for others to profit from
>>
>>58482850
Blender and Cinelerra.

If you pick Blender I suggest changing the interface (customizable as fuck) to what you're used to in other programs.

Cinelerra UI is dated as fuck, it uses or used to use Motif.

Both are great professional-grade programs, but they may take more time getting used to than their proprietary alternatives.
>>
>>58482850
Lightworks and openshot
>>
>>58483457
>Text message special effect doesnt require any code to be written. You're just over complicating things.

I know it doesn't. But I think it's a better option if I could have a solution easy to implement whenever anyone wants it, where I can set the rate the words are typed, the opacity of the window, and so on, without having to redo it every time.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.