[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tablet/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 41mQxqX1YwL.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
41mQxqX1YwL.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
/sci/ here.

I was about to buy the Wacom Cintiq 13HD when I saw it only had 2GiB of RAM.

What the fuck?

With the OS open there's no way it will run most modern graphics producing software.

Does anyone know if there any drawing tablets with decent specs other than the huge immobile ones, even if it doesn't have as much pressure sensitivity. I've been searching for a while and can't find anything.

I essentially only want to use it to draw relatively small scientific and mathematical art for my publications and also to read and annotate ebooks on.

Also /tablet/ general.
>>
>>58480891
iPad™ Pro with Apple™ Pencil
>>
>>58480948
I made a vow to never buy Apple products...
>>
Tablet market is really a shit.
>low consumer to low productors.
> expensive prices.
>bad specs

Digital tablet are like Pc mouse. if you are bad a shooter/ Draw u will be bad not real improve in a shit tablet/ mouse than a top tier.
If you are a professional then you shuld expend money on that.
>>
Not sure how much experience you have with drawing tablets, but you should know that 16:9 on a small screen is almost unusable for drawing. This excludes the Wacom-branded products. Go with a Surface (or clone) or an older Tablet PC with a taller screen ratio. This will also get you as much RAM as you need (I wouldn't go under 8gb for this).
>>
>>58480976
Microsoft™ Surface ™
>>
>>58480995
>>58481016
I basically only need to draw (topological) surfaces embedded in 3 dimensional space that are too difficult to plot with graphing software.

It doesn't need to be pretty/have shading etc.

>Tablet PC
Anything in particular you would recommend? I looked at these a few years ago but most reviewers said they had a lot of issues.

>>58481022
Seems much cheaper than Wacom, but also has only 2GiB RAM. I think I'm gonna buy this though.

Thank you for the informative replies.
>>
>>58481109
If you can get over your hate of Apple the iPad + Pencil combo is better than the Surface pen.
>>
>>58481200
I did some soul searching and...I tried, I really did, but I can't...

Like, why the fuck would you take a UNIX system and rape it like that? What's the point of Apple's shitty closed eco system if you can't fucking use it to put your own software on it and communicate properly with your other systems?

REEEEEEEEEEEE.....
>>
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8UG7HA?psc=1

This looks really recent. Anyone know have experience with Lenovo AnyPen? I'm assuming it just doesn't have pressure sensitivity?
>>
ipad pro 9" with pen if you enjoy doing stuff on the go.

wait for the new 4k cintiq if you want to have the best experience at home

everything else sucks.
>>
>>58480891
Are you stupid? Cintiq 13hd is a monitor, look into cintiq companions 2 and mobile studio pro, they've got meme ram
>>
File: 1462938492001.jpg (50KB, 600x427px) Image search: [Google]
1462938492001.jpg
50KB, 600x427px
What is the best e-reader
>>
>>58481533
It's literally called a tablet, it can be used as a monitor too as I understand it, but it runs its own OS, at least that's what the Amazon entry says.
>>
I've got 13hd, which is indeed a monitor, I find it too small though, so I'm trying to resell it, as I got it for half its price
>>58481552 kindle 3 WiFi, as it got no shitty touch, u can get one for 50 dollars used, make sure to test it
>>
>>58481562
You're talking about companion pro you idiot
>>
>>58481562
cintiq 13hd is a pen display, dumb dumb.
stick to drawing on paper, you're too stupid to operate this equipment.
>>
>>58481584
Are you going to calm down or do I need to call your mother?
>>
Motherfuckers I'm searching through a few thousand products sorry if I was imprecise with the name.
>>
File: bluejay16d_2.jpg (387KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
bluejay16d_2.jpg
387KB, 1920x1440px
>>58481562

13HD is the screen/tablet. The mobile device is called "Companion" and the one that does all of it is "Companion Hybrid". Both "companions" are discontinued, newer ones are called "Wacom MobileStudio Pro".

13HD is likely to be discontinued soon in favor of the new "Cintiq Pro" that comes in 13'' and 16'' versions.
>>
>>58481627
Thanks.
>>
>>58481552
I've got the kindle voyage. It's pretty great. But I also have the 12.9 inch iPad Pro, which I've been using a lot more lately. I read lots of pdfs, and it's amazing for that. But if you just want an e reader, go for a kindle.
>>
>>58480891
I have a samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, Its pretty great for drawing, though im a hobbyist as opposed to a professional, and its Android, so your software choice isnt going to be the same as with a Windows devvice, but there are some great Apps for drawing stuff. I use Artflow, I do 90% of my work on the tablet and then touch stuff up in photoshop if i need to.
>>
File: samsung-galaxy-note-pro-pen[1].jpg (707KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-galaxy-note-pro-pen[1].jpg
707KB, 2048x1536px
>>58481742
forgot pic
>>
I use Photoshop on 2gb of ram, i can do things but is very slow
>>
Lenovo Yoga Book might be worth looking into.
>>
>>58481109
>I basically only need to draw (topological) surfaces embedded in 3 dimensional space that are too difficult to plot with graphing software.
You won't be able to do anything like that using the software available for iOS/Android so you can exclude any of those devices.
>>
>>58482049
Man fuck this. All these tablets are disgraceful.

I'm just going to scan in pencil sketches and trace it over a vector graphics processor on my PC.

I was under the impression this tablet drawing technology was a lot further along than it really is. MS surface pro seems the only thing that would work. I think I will buy one instead of a normal laptop next time.
>>
Buy a Sony Vaio Canvas Z tablet with Windows 10, i7 CPU, 16GB of RAM and 1TB SSD and good battery life.
>I will never ever own such a beauty.
>>
>>58480948
And the Apple iDildo™. Plugs in to the Lightning™ port so your partner can iStimulate™ and iPenetrate™. iLube™ sold separately.

Get your iWrecked.
>>
>>58482091
Nah, get a Surface 3/4 and call it good
>>
>>58482121
Yeah, fuck it, getting a Surface.

Thanks Anons.
>>
File: AZL2781.jpg (67KB, 780x524px) Image search: [Google]
AZL2781.jpg
67KB, 780x524px
>>58480891
If you have the cash then you should buy the Mobile Studio Pro one.

The resolution on 13hd is only 1080p and for digital artwork that seriously isn't acceptable anymore.
Besides it is only a monitor, and I think you would rather want a computer then a overpriced monitor.
>>
>>58482234
I've had a few laptops with Wacom digitizers and they eventually get old and slow down after a few years and start having trouble running the new versions of Photoshop.

It's better just getting a digital drawing screen that needs a separate PC to use. All of these Wacom monitors are professional tools so they have a price to match.
>>
How are old Thinkpad 2s weren't their stylii Wacom or ntrig based?
>>
File: photo_jo.jpg (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
photo_jo.jpg
92KB, 800x600px
>>58482234

12WX user here, 1080p is definitely not "seriously unacceptible anymore" for art. Higher resolution screens feel nicer of course, but they have little to no effect on the artwork itself.
>>
>>58484575
But m8 with better resolution it really speeds up your workflow. I for one know that from experience. I can't tell you how many times I have zoomed in on the small details in order to adjust a few things.
Look for general use I will agree with you, but the pixels can be very noticeable, and that can be a deal breaker when buying a graphic tablet.
>>
>>58482859
This.
Those prebuild desktops (think Surface Studio)that is made to be used for creative work, are amazing but they have a big problem.
They will age very quickly, and investing over 3000 dollars in a computer for a PC that will only run at great pace for 2-3 years is dumb as hell. However with Cintiq's you get a monitor which is not limited to it's hardware, but the source of where that monitor is connected to.
>>
>>58485511

Sure it's nicer, but it's 1400$, and another 200$ for the remote if you want buttons. The mobile version is 2650$. Meanwhile a used 12WX with everything goes for 400$... I agree it's a cool product but it's not 1000$ cooler...
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.