[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UX/UI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Do any of you guys work in the field of UX/UI?

I work at an agency as a front end designer mainly working on responsive websites, we don't do any product/app based stuff.

Is it easy enough to transition as a designer into a UX/UI role? It seems to quite a diverse job, some roles are almost 100% research, user testing, wire-framing centric—while others are active designers using Sketch, Inivison etc.

Are there any courses out there or is it just a case of reading lots of textbooks to learn the theories/methods?
>>
>>58479782
They are definitely two different roles.

UX is basically a research role.
UI is more your 'traditional' digital designer role.
>>
>>58479782
UX is a meme
>>
>>58479846
this, just copy other sites which did it right.

and designers are retarded anyways.. as a dev I get templates which make the default frameworks look worse
>>
>>58479782
Just get bootstrap and be done with it
>>
>>58479782
Working as a web designer you probably have some insight into UI design already. It's definitely different but the same fundamentals still apply.

There's probably a bunch of online stuff but I've also heard the book About Face is good from a UI/UX designer I know.
>>
>>58479782
>Are there any courses out there or is it just a case of reading lots of textbooks to learn the theories/methods?
There isn't too much you can learn with courses, aside from terminology and some (very generic and basic) best practices, reading books about the subject is probably the best idea.

> It seems to quite a diverse job, some roles are almost 100% research, user testing, wire-framing centric—while others are active designers using Sketch, Inivison etc.
There's a small UX/UI team at my company composed of a developer, who's familiar with our products, and another person doing UX research and prototyping.

Often times UX/UI requirements depend on the specific project and your target user group, prototyping UX/UI ideas generally isn't a bad idea especially if you are in some kind of small industry with specific needs

>>58479824
This
>>
Slightly off-topic but the developers at my agency only use Drupal and refuse to use anything else.

Sometimes I feel it limits the design possibilities. What's the most friendly UX/UI CMS? Is it Wordpress? What do the majority of people develop with?
>>
>>58479782
Are you a fairy m8? You want to move from front end to UI/UX? That's the completely wrong direction. If you work front-end because you need a job, that's okay, but you switch to back-end, not UI/UX.
>>
>>58481964
>Wordpress

Wordpress is for blogs. I never understand why people use it for anything else.
>>
>>58481964
There isn't a 'best' CMS. You should use the one best suited to the project.

Wordpress is great for blogs and simple websites. Drupal is more suited for complex sites (a lot of academic sites are Drupal). Magneto is specifically made for eCommerce etc. etc.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.