[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name one (1) reason to use Arch over another distro. I'll wait.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: tank you.jpg (230KB, 720x500px) Image search: [Google]
tank you.jpg
230KB, 720x500px
Name one (1) reason to use Arch over another distro.
I'll wait.
>>
>>58476694
AUR
>>
>>58476694
im comfy in mint kde
>>
Not trolling, it's the most Just Werks distro you'll find.

That's the actual reason Arch users us it.

Source: use Arch
>>
>>58476694
AUR
>>
>>58476702
>>58476866
AUR isn't really anything special or unique though. SUSE has a bulid service you can use, Ubuntu has PPAs, etc
>>
>>58476866
>>58476702
Literal malware injector.
>>
>>58476694
I like to build up instead of trim down. Keeps things minimal. Nothing that I dont't need installed.
>>
>>58476694
The distro at its core is reliable and simple; if you mess it up it is your fault. Also it has one of the most active communities in Linux and easily the best wiki. I don't even use if for the record, but I understand why someone would.
>>
>>58476694
I like Debian. Packaging is better. Also, the majority of people don't want the complexity or the annoyances of Arch.
>>
>>58476956
>Arch
>complexity
Literally the main mantra of Arch is KISS
>>
>>58476694
it's 3 times faster
>>
>>58476694
AUR

>>58476882
The OBS and the PPA technology is not really better than Arch Build System (ABS).

>>58476903
>I'm too new to read a pkgbuild file

>>58476992
Not necessarily

Tldr:
Arch has the latest and the greatest packages, bugs and bugfixes and it has the AUR.

AUR is going to be deprecated in favour of Appimages probably
>>
>>58476956
Why do you say the packaging is better?
>>
It just werks
>>
>>58476694
The OS fades in the background leaving you with the pure Unix curve, which makes it great for learning how a computer works. I'm not sure whether it would work for everyone tho
>>
>>58476694
thats a cute Wiesel anon
>>
SystemD
>>
>>58476702
>AUR
No thanks, I can do "./config && make && make install" by myself.
>>
>>58476975
>keep it simple, stupid
>forces you into configuring everything manually, even stuff that's irrelevant and could/should be automated instead
Kek. But surely you learned a lot about Unix by manually partitioning your drives and setting your locale.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>58476694
Windows 10 > *

Xorg coupled with poor driver support, the entire experience with Linux is screen tearing, jitters and error messages. Games running at sub-par quality and fps.

Fuck that noise, just use the latest OS with DirectX for maximum comfy videos and vidya.
>>
>>58480546

Wrong board, fagman.
>>>/v/
>>
>>58480489
Arch is the dumbest fucking distro ever made. I have not seen any professional or casual users running Arch outside of the /g/ desktop threads.

Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Debian, Mint and Fedora are actually popular and used by a normies as well as power users.

Arch does not even exist in the server market.
>>
>>58480568
you sure showed him. xorg is trash which is why Linux sucks on desktops.
>>
>>58480546
You gave up looser.
>>
>>58480613
??
>>
>>58480413
this doesnt know what AUR does
>>
>>58480572
Arch doesn't have LTS releases.
>>
>>58480546
>poor driver support
What the fuck are you talking about and why should I give a shit to begin with?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.