[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, would it be possible to create a Nintendo Switch software

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Nintendo-Switch-Shot-02.jpg (50KB, 761x520px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-Switch-Shot-02.jpg
50KB, 761x520px
So, would it be possible to create a Nintendo Switch software interpreter for Android ala WINE? The hardware itself is already well documented I presume, not to mention both Microsoft and Blackberry both at one point created android software interpreters for their own devices. Could the same thing be achieved after the system's release and some reverse engineering takes place?
>>
Possible, but unlikely and laggy due to OS memory allocation restrictions (assumption based on how console OSes traditionally work). Oh and install gentoo!
>>
>>58477791
couldnt we just realocate some of the memory if were reverse engineering the software interpreting layer?
>>
>>58477806
Not by traditional home brew,maybe if it's a commonly used OS with a heavy customization layer and it's possible to achieve root privilege (install gentoo in it)
Only time will tell what's possible

>we
Fucking idiot you can't even write coherent English
>>
>>58476674
>The hardware itself is already well documented I presume
You've presumed wrong. You're correct in the sense that this documentation does exist, but normal users aren't allowed to access them. The only people allowed to access them are licensed game development companies.
>>
literally just get a shield tv.
>>
>>58476674
>what is an emulator
>>
File: awixme3.png (142KB, 511x564px) Image search: [Google]
awixme3.png
142KB, 511x564px
>>58477836

>"Fucking idiot you can't even write coherent English".
>Non-existant period.
>>
>>58478629
he's missing a comma between "idiot" and "you"
>>
>>58478629
Adding a period doesn't automatically turn your sentence fragments into sentences
>>
File: 7b2.jpg (12KB, 320x337px) Image search: [Google]
7b2.jpg
12KB, 320x337px
>>58478637

>mfw when I read that as "you idiot".
>>
>>58476674
Android is open source, what Blackberry did (originally) was to port the android apps runtime Dalvik (now Dalvik is deprecated and newer android uses the ART) to their OS (later they ditch the whole idea and just installed Android on their phones).

When the switch get's hacked and allows for unsigned binaries to be executed we could port ART to it, that is after the scene successfully reverses basically all sys libraries of the Switch for IO: (sound, display, controls, touch, storage, etc).

That will never happen
>>
>>58476674
>So, would it be possible to create a Nintendo Switch software interpreter for Android ala WINE?
we can barely emulate a shitcube on flagship hardware
>>
>>58478629
Existent*
>>
>>58478884
Your information is very old. Dolphin even runs on my machine with an FX-6100 now. In fact, the Wii U is possible to emulate decently through CEMU.
>>
>>58478475
Well, he's talking about running ARM code on an ARM processor, so it wouldn't really be emulation per-se.
>>
>>58479485
Just like how I can natively run PlayStation games on my MIPS hardware and XBOX games on my x86 hardware, right?
>>
>>58479493
Didn't know PS was MIPS, neat
>>
>>58479516
First two are
>>
>>58476674
>>58477791
>>58477806

Just wait til 34c3 and Console Hacking 2017 talk
>>
>>58476674
>So, would it be possible to create a Nintendo Switch software interpreter for Android ala WINE?
Technically speaking ? Probably. It runs a Tegra X1, same underlying ARM architecture as so many other Android devices.
Practically speaking ? Good luck.
>>
>>58479493
Sort of; that's how the PSP can run PS1 games even though it can't even emulate the SNES at full speed. The instruction set itself does not have to be emulated (which reduces the CPU requirements massively); but deciphering the instructions sent to the GPU can still represent a large development effort.
>>
>>58476674
It's been like over 10 years and they still can't run Xbox games on the PC and the xbox was just a glorified PC.
>>
>>58479620
I know it's possible, I was just pointing out that just because machines have the same architecture doesn't mean emulation won't be necessary.
>>
>>58479468
hes talking about phones you retard
>>
>>58480649
Not him but he was the retard in the first place
>>
>>58481689
not him but how? android implies its a phone and an arm processor, flagship cements that its a phone
>>
>>58479633
windows update kills any projects building xbox emulators.
what you think they're spying on everyone bcus they're trying to stop terrorists?
hah... no.
>>
>>58481800
I remember this post
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.