[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Libre GNU/Linux Distributions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: gnu_and_stallman_2012.jpg (903KB, 2348x1736px) Image search: [Google]
gnu_and_stallman_2012.jpg
903KB, 2348x1736px
Post your Free (as in freedom) GNU/Linux distro.
>>
>>58474970
>tfw no source based GNU distros
why live
>>
mac OSX
>>
>>58474970
gnewsense
>>
Microsoft Windows 7
>>
>>58474970
DOS
>>
File: theo_de_rat.jpg (3KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
theo_de_rat.jpg
3KB, 200x198px
>>58474970
>Post your Free (as in freedom) GNU/Linux distro.
OpenBSD

More free than that GNU CIA nigger shit.
>>
>>58474970
Arch Linux on my PC
MacOS X on my laptop
>>
>>58475281
Give it a fucking rest.
You're way past being an annoyance.
BSD sucks.
>>
>>58474970
Arch on all 5 of my machines.
>>
>>58475295
>>58475352
>arch
Use Parabola instead, it's the FSF approved version of Arch.
>>
>>58475366
Arch just works for me though, why do I care?
>>
>>58475387
The only difference between Arch and Parabola is that Arch allows botnet programs in its repos and Parabola doesn't.
If you cared about your freedom, you'd use Parabolato ensure you're not running any botnets.
>>
>>58475366
>Use Parabola instead
why? what's the diff anyway? let me guess... it has less software in repos. what a great selling point, anon.
>>
>>58475252
>58475252
FreeDOS!!!!!!!
>>
>>58475421
The only software which is missing are botnet. Are you going to cry over missing botnet, anon?
>>
>>58475281
You can't even have a thread going with your POS FBI backdoor distro
>>
>>58475433
>The only software which is missing are botnet. Are you going to cry over missing botnet, anon?
can you provide me some examples of these botnets you speak of?
>>
>>58475281
There are so much software packages missing from BSD. It's unusable for normal use and it's not enjoyable.
>>
>>58475456
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?name=steam
>>
>>58475408
Isn't it my responsibility to know what I'm installing? As long as they aren't in the base/base-devel groups does it matter?
>>
>>58475470
I don;t play games, anon. having that in there doesn't bother me at all since some kids like that gaymer shit.

isn't it ironic how all these "MUH FREEDUMBS" advocates want you to have LESS CHOICE???

they're all leftist fascists, I tell ya.
>>
>>58475481
Yes, it matters. Parabola should be the default option, where Arch should only be used if you want botnet.
>>58475493
Parabola doesn't prevent you from downloading nonfree software, anon-kun, it just doesn't PROVIDE it for you.
>>
>>58475512
>Parabola doesn't prevent you from downloading nonfree software, anon-kun, it just doesn't PROVIDE it for you.
yeah, but I prefer convenience of just being able to tell pacman/packaur to install something for me and track it and manage the updates.

I still don't understand how having a choice to do what I want is reducing freedoms of those that don't want the choice.

don't fucking want something running, don't install it. quit pushing your communist ideology onto me. I want none of it. I'm a free-choice capitalist.
>>
>>58475408
>>58475481
>>58475421
>>58475433
ACTUALLY YOURE ALL WRONG SEE ARCH IS GNU/LINUX AS OPPOSED TO PARABOLA BEING GNU/LINUX-LIBRE (LIBRE!! FREE AS IN FREEDO,) WHICH MEANS THAT LINUX IS FREE AKA. DEBLOBBED so yeah arch is shit
>>
>>58475539
>all that bullshit lingistic mental gymnastics
kek'd hard.

that language is becoming orwellian: having choice is bad. not having choice is freedom!

how can you retards keep all these logical inconsistencies in your head and not go mad? this is no different from a cult or a religion.
>>
File: Hadako-tan.face.png (4MB, 2816x2816px) Image search: [Google]
Hadako-tan.face.png
4MB, 2816x2816px
>>58475536
>freedom is a communist ideology
Sure, anon-kun, sure.

=====

Reaction image rendered from a larger scene By User:Niabot [GFDL (https://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)or CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hadako-tan.svg
This post is copyright nonfree.pizza and available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0
By replying to this post you agree to license your contribution under the same CC BY-SA 4.0 license or compatible terms.
>>
>>58475560
left wingers amirite
>>
>>58475566
>>freedom is a communist ideology
>Sure, anon-kun, sure.
Are you saying that RMS is not a communist or a leftist? Have you even read his blog? The man is quite open about it.

I actually respect the fact that he's so open about it.

https://www.stallman.org/archives/2016-nov-feb.html
>>
File: 1458862327973.png (2MB, 1373x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458862327973.png
2MB, 1373x1080px
(((FSF))) is trash
Not open source software, just FSF
>>
>>58475597
>I actually respect the fact that he's so open about it.
as if that isn't clear just from how he looks
>>
>>58475597
>Isn't it ironic that the proprietary software developers call us communists? We are the ones who have provided for a free market, where they allow only monopoly. … if the users chooses this proprietary software package, he then falls into this monopoly for support … the only way to escape from monopoly is to escape from proprietary software, and that is what the free software movement is all about. We want you to escape and our work is to help you escape. We hope you will escape to the free world. The free world is the new continent in cyberspace that we have built so we can live here in freedom. It's impossible to live in freedom in the old world of cyberspace, where every program has its feudal lord that bullies and mistreats the users. So, to live in freedom we have to build a new continent. Because this is a virtual continent, it has room for everyone, and there are no immigration restrictions. And because there were never indigenous peoples in cyberspace, there is also no issue of taking away their land. So everyone is welcome in the free world, come to the free world, live with us in freedom. The free software movement aims for the liberation of cyberspace and everyone in it.
From https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman
>>
>>58475625
>implying i'm a proprietary software developer
didn't read any further. nice try though, GNU/cuck
>>
>>58474970
>GNU
But I don't use shit software.
>>
>>58475636
>h-haha I-I d-didn't r-read t-this p-paragraph w-where R-RMS s-says h-he's n-not a-a c-communist
>>
>>58475625
Read his political blog. He's voting for "greens" and supports communists.

Again, how is restricting my freedom to run what I want helping your freedoms?

All you commies just want it your way or no way at all. You're all fascists.
>>
>>58475646
>h-haha i-i
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>58475650
>freedomS
Stop using commie language if you aren't one of them.
>>
>>58475650
>how is restricting my freedom to run what I want helping your freedoms?
I'm not restricting you at all. Arch provides nonfree software in its respositories, so it is not a fully Free (as in freedom) GNU/Linux distro. OP asked for Free (as in freedom) GNU/Linux distros.
>>
>>58475680
so if i put a disk with a bunch of proprietary software in my dvd drive it somehow makes it proprietary? cool
>>
>>58475680
Again, if I have more options, more choice and more FREEDOM to run what I want, why on earth would I want to run a distro that restricts my freedoms and reduces my choices?

if I'm not a member of your cult and my prophet doesn't require me to follow a certain ideology and a set of rules, I don't understand why I'd pick Parabola over Arch.
>>
>>58475366
>FSF approved
And why would I care? I'm not an autistic manchild like yourself and I can choose my own software.
>>
>>58474970

My Linux isn't free. I've got proprietary blobs, support for all kinds of proprietary formats, and legally-questionable components like DeCSS.

Plus, I regularly download and upload torrent content in a -- shall we say -- "unauthorized" manner.

I guess I'm "free" in the sense that I'm "freely" violating IP laws, and "freely" violating the principles of the FSF. So I guess that counts for something.
>>
>>58475698
>Should I install freetard OS/parabola?
no, unless if you want both AIDS and autism.
>>
>>58475512
>Implies I'm going to compile anything I need not in repos

Ain't nobody got time for that shit.
>>
>>58475710
>My Linux isn't free. I've got proprietary blobs
>Plus, I regularly download and upload torrent content
>and "freely" violating the principles of the FSF
Good. It seems like you are an actual functioning adult.
>>
>>58475693
>so if i put a free program on a disk with a bunch of proprietary software it somehow makes it a free dvd? cool
>>58475698
>that restricts my freedoms and reduces my choices?
You can install anything you want on Parabola. You can even add the Arch repositories if you want. It's not a restriction just because it doesn't provide the software itself.
>if I don't care about freedom, why would I install an operating system for people who care about freedom?
>>58475703
This thread is for FREE GNU/Linux distros, not just any one.
>>58475723
>proprietary software doesn't distribute binaries
>>
>>58475741
Hey, you're new here, right? How about you go back to the website you came from?
>>
>>58474970
Lincux is a freetard meme.
>>
>>58475741
>proprietary software doesn't distribute binaries

Is stuff like libdvdcss available? That's one of the things I was actually thinking about. It often isn't despite being OSS. Because of the copyright cartel
>>
>>58475800
Yes.
>>
Apartheid Linux for the motherfucking win
>>
File: 1463949437315_copy.jpg (67KB, 779x800px) Image search: [Google]
1463949437315_copy.jpg
67KB, 779x800px
>>58475560
>choice is freedom
Wow, let me guess you are a faggot?
>>
File: 5fEuORU.jpg (73KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
5fEuORU.jpg
73KB, 640x426px
>>58474970
>The concept of "sexual interference with a human corpse" is curious. All a corpse can do on its own is decay, so the only possible "interference" is to prevent its decay. Thus, "sexual interference" rationally would mean some sexual activity while injecting embalming fluid, or while putting the corpse into a refrigerator. However, I doubt that the censors interpret this term rationally. They will have cooked up an excuse for some twisted interpretation that enables them to punish more people.

>This censorship cannot be justified by protecting corpses from suffering. Whatever you do to a corpse, it can't suffer, not even emotionally.

>Then there is the prohibition of realistically depicting sex with an animal. The law does not care whether the animal wanted sex. I've read that male dolphins try to have sex with humans, and female apes solicit sex from humans. What is wrong with giving them what they want, if that's what turns you on, or even just to gratify them?

>But this law is not concerned with protecting animals, since it does not care whether the animal really had sex, or really existed at all. It only panders to the prejudice of censors.

>A parrot once had sex with me. I did not recognize the act as sex until it was explained to me afterward, but being stroked on the hand by his soft belly feathers was so pleasurable that I yearn for another chance.
>>
OpenBSD
>>
>>58475895
Can't wait until this kike finally gets strung up.
>>
>>58475741
>You can install anything you want on Parabola. You can even add the Arch repositories if you want. It's not a restriction just because it doesn't provide the software itself.
But it is a restriction over Arch. You still can't answer a simple question: why should I choose Parabola over Arch if Arch offers me more and things that I want?

PS: You're doing a piss-poor job at explaining your ideology.
>>
>>58476221
Just use whatever you like mate. There's literally no reason to use that freetard piece of shit over a distro which is pretty much the same but provides you more choice.
>>
>>58474970
macOS Sierra
>>
Free Slack.
>>
I have used FreeBSD for 7 years and moved to Devuan 3 months ago (love it). Am i FSF approved now?
>>
>>58478664
it depends. are you ready to suck off that fat kike who is in charge of it?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.